2018 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Our core really resembles the leafs core.

Pettersson-Matthews
Boeser-Marner
Horvat-Nylander
Hughes-Rielly

We need one of Demko/DiPietro to become a Starter and Juolevi to come up and show he can be a competent top 4 d-man.

If we don't get Hughes/Kakko/Dach/Cozens I would go all in on Panarin/Stone in Free Agency if they make it there.

Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser
Goldobin-Horvat-Panarin/Stone
Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen

Edler-Hughes
Juolevi-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

Demko/DiPietro

In a couple years we'll also see where Rathbone/Lind/Woo/Lockwood/Madden are in their development.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Our core really resembles the leafs core.

Pettersson-Matthews
Boeser-Marner
Horvat-Nylander
Hughes-Rielly

We need one of Demko/DiPietro to become a Starter and Juolevi to come up and show he can be a competent top 4 d-man.

If we don't get Hughes/Kakko/Dach/Cozens I would go all in on Panarin/Stone in Free Agency if they make it there.

Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser
Goldobin-Horvat-Panarin/Stone
Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen

Edler-Hughes
Juolevi-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

Demko/DiPietro

In a couple years we'll also see where Rathbone/Lind/Woo/Lockwood/Madden are in their development.

This is another one of those "if everything works out" lists. Especially when Hughes who hasn't played a single pro game resembles Rielly.

Reactions: Peen and yvrtojfk

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
This summer if Panarin doesn't get signed i'd be throwing the chequebook out for him. Add in a bottom 5 finish as well and our top 6 is looking sooooooo sexy.

Goldobin-Pettersson-Panarin
18'Pick-Horvat-Boeser

Would rather have Mark Stone. He would form 2/3 of one hell of a two-way second line with Horvat.

Panarin would be nice based on our LW depth- however it would mean bumping Boeser to the 2nd PP. Both play in that spot and I don't like either in the slot as their spot. Not a bad problem to have but it would hurt one of their production substantially. Stone on the other hand is a good RW and a right shot. He could fit in that slot spot on the powerplay quite effectively. If Dahlen and Gaudette are ready next year (Sutter traded):

Dahlen-EP40-Boeser
Goldobin-Horvat-Stone
Eriksson-Gaudette-Virtanen
Rousell-Beagle-Granlund/Schaller

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Would rather have Mark Stone. He would form 2/3 of one hell of a two-way second line with Horvat.
Was just thinking about this. Mark Stone is a stud, arguably a top 5 right winger in the league.

Would he come here to play with Pettersson? He's the guy I'd go after this summer, would offer him pretty much anything he wanted (somewhat reasonable)

Adding an elite two-way playing driving winger to our current forward core would be immense.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Was just thinking about this. Mark Stone is a stud, arguably a top 5 right winger in the league.

Would he come here to play with Pettersson? He's the guy I'd go after this summer, would offer him pretty much anything he wanted (somewhat reasonable)

Adding an elite two-way playing driving winger to our current forward core would be immense.
do we even have the cap? imagine if we didn't have >15m tied to garbage...

Pogotheclown

Oct 11, 2015
Get E Karlsson from Sharks for Edler, juolevi and a first 2020.
Sign for 6 y at 9M.

Try to get nylander from tor for first this year and some assets.
Sign for 8 at 8M.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Stone would probably instantly become our best RW, but I still think we would put Stone with Horvat and Boeser with Pettersson. Both pairings are just more natural fits.

He's probably not dying to come here, so we would have to make it enticing for him. This is the reason why the team needs to be half-decent this season and not tanking. Stone's not coming here if this team stinks. He'll want to to go to a contender or an up-and-coming team for whom Stone can be an instant difference-maker for.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
No interest in Karlsson, whoever signs him will have an ugly contract on their hands in a few years. Stone would be fantastic, probably looking for 10m?

Baertschi - Petterson - Stone
Virtanen - Horvat - Boeser
Roussel - Sutter - Eriksson
Schaller - Beagle - Granlund
Motte

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Agree completely, he’s top of my list as well even ahead of Panarin. I’d offer him as many years as he wants for around 8.5 million a year.

Dahlen/Goldy-Pettersson-Stone
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen
Roussel-Beagle-Schaller

That’s a playoff forward group. Just the defense needs a ton of work. Hughes helps, Tryamkin coming back would be nice.

Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stetcher
Edler-Gudbranson

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I'm just curious at this point. What would other Canucks fans be willing to pay to get rid of Loui's contract if it meant having the opportunity to sign 1 or 2 high end free agents? We are going to have to pony up a decent player to get rid of that contract as it won't be LTIR'd and it'll be tough as Loui has a 15 team no trade list.

I want Stone so badly for EP's wing (and/or Panarin). There are some high end defence targets that may reach free agency as well (yup Karlson is a pipe dream but still...). That 6 million could go to so much use in the coming years.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I would look at adding a big young forward if we can. Somebody like Tanner Pearson since he's available. Even guys like Mantha or JT Miller. I would much rather have these players on our LWs than players like Goldobin, Baertschi or Eriksson. These players are much more physical, harder to play against and produce even more.

It would be a pretty decent price to get those players, but I would give our LWs and more for guys like Mantha, Miller, Pearson. I would go even younger into players like Katchouk, Max Jones, etc.

We should be making trades that mold this team into a team that can compete in the playoffs and are supplied with players who can score, play fast, and in tight matchups. Goldobin and Baertschi are not those players.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I would like to see Canucks throw heavy offers at Stone and Duchene. Also throw a short term deal for Eric Staal just so he can be a good mentor for Pettersson like how Sundin was for Kesler.

Staal-Pettersson-Boeser
Duchene-Horvat-Stone

Now that's an exciting team to watch.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Skinner and Silfverberg would be nice additions to our forward group too but Stone would be my #1 choice.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Skinner and Silfverberg would be nice additions to our forward group too but Stone would be my #1 choice.

Assuming that Stone and Karlsson want nothing to do with another struggling Canadian club, and that the NYR/CHI rumours about Panarin are true, the next best alternatives would be:

- Skinner
- Zuccarello
- Lee
- Stralman
- Rutta

Stralman and Rutta are the only Dmen I would go after in FA (thus far). Stralman is the higher end option, but both are decent RHD additions. Good RHDs have proven very difficult to find, regardless of the offense they would provide.

Skinner, Lee and Zuccarrello are the only LW options that have shown an ability to get to 60~ points. Any one of them on a decent deal is a good addition for this team. Zuccarrello is a bit riskier, but I expect him to be cheaper as a result.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Skinner I worry about his injuries, he is like Baertschi in that regard, but he has proven he can put up the goals so it’s a risk/reward.

Stone would be fantastic but I have some doubts, one being breaking the bank on a free agent and then paying out core players equal or less always irks me

I definetly think we can round out our 2nd line with one of Skinner or Silferbeg but our top line is going to need to be promoted from within or a very creative trade, to which we do not have the pieces to play with

Benning needs to find a way to shed Gudbranson, Erickson and Sutter

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Assuming that Stone and Karlsson want nothing to do with another struggling Canadian club, and that the NYR/CHI rumours about Panarin are true, the next best alternatives would be:

- Skinner
- Zuccarello
- Lee
- Stralman
- Rutta

Stralman and Rutta are the only Dmen I would go after in FA (thus far). Stralman is the higher end option, but both are decent RHD additions. Good RHDs have proven very difficult to find, regardless of the offense they would provide.

Skinner, Lee and Zuccarrello are the only LW options that have shown an ability to get to 60~ points. Any one of them on a decent deal is a good addition for this team. Zuccarrello is a bit riskier, but I expect him to be cheaper as a result.

Anders Lee's comment about loyalty when John Tavares left makes me think he's going to stay on Long Island.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I have reservations with Skinner. He's produced like a second line player his whole career having been given 1st line minutes. I'm not sure how good he'll be when he's actually given 2nd line minutes with 2nd line quality linemates.

Reactions: dim jim and MS

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
There are tons of wingers that can fit this summer. For once if Benning is still here (please god no) he needs to not just lock in on one target. See what the market is and then grab 1-2 of the guys who for whatever reason aren't getting a lot of interest on 1-2 year deals. My tiers are as follows:

Tier 1:
Panarin, Stone
Tier 2:
Duchene, Simmonds, Skinner
Tier 3:
Eberle, Pavelski, Zucarello
Tier 4:
Nyquist, Johansson, Nelson, Lee, Staal
Tier 5:
Maroon, Ferlund, Silfverberg, Hagelin

That's 16 potential wingers right there. On 1-2 year deals even the older one's are fine as place holders to help develop EP40, Brock and Bo while also allowing Dahlen, Lind etc. to properly develop instead of being forced into roles. This is not the season to overpay and only have one player in mind for free agency, this is the summer to get a great bargain deal with how many pending UFA wingers there are.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I know this is slightly crazy but I'd sign Bieksa to a cheap one year deal. He'd be able to protect the young guys all while being entertaining as hell. Plus he can't be any worse than some of the Dmen we have.

I'd do it. :laugh:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I have reservations with Skinner. He's produced like a second line player his whole career having been given 1st line minutes. I'm not sure how good he'll be when he's actually given 2nd line minutes with 2nd line quality linemates.

That's not really true. I don't think he was ever on the 1st line in Carolina. A lot of his time was spent on a 3rd line with Viktor Rask.

Skinner's injury risks are a real concern, but he is a legitimate talent. And he's always been a good individual shot/chance generator. Put him on EP's left to improve the quality of his chances, and I think you'll get a pretty easy 30+ goals if healthy.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
There are tons of wingers that can fit this summer. For once if Benning is still here (please god no) he needs to not just lock in on one target. See what the market is and then grab 1-2 of the guys who for whatever reason aren't getting a lot of interest on 1-2 year deals. My tiers are as follows:

Tier 1:
Panarin, Stone
Tier 2:
Duchene, Simmonds, Skinner
Tier 3:
Eberle, Pavelski, Zucarello
Tier 4:
Nyquist, Johansson, Nelson, Lee, Staal
Tier 5:
Maroon, Ferlund, Silfverberg, Hagelin

That's 16 potential wingers right there. On 1-2 year deals even the older one's are fine as place holders to help develop EP40, Brock and Bo while also allowing Dahlen, Lind etc. to properly develop instead of being forced into roles. This is not the season to overpay and only have one player in mind for free agency, this is the summer to get a great bargain deal with how many pending UFA wingers there are.

Stone and Panarin would be incredible adds. Adding one of them definitely puts us in playoff contention next season. I've also always been a low-key fan of Duchene and Skinner.

I'd see if we can sign Silfverberg on a bit of a discount too. Historically a very good defensive player who can pop 20 goals a year. He's the kind of two-way presence that could probably benefit any of our younger forwards.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Stone and Panarin would be incredible adds. Adding one of them definitely puts us in playoff contention next season. I've also always been a low-key fan of Duchene and Skinner.

I'd see if we can sign Silfverberg on a bit of a discount too. Historically a very good defensive player who can pop 20 goals a year. He's the kind of two-way presence that could probably benefit any of our younger forwards.
Agreed. Of all those 16 forwards I mentioned there's merit and an argument to adding any of them. However the contract that will come with them is dangerous with Benning leading the charge.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Based upon Benning's interview on SN650 today, I highly suspect that he's going after Karlsson this offseason. A right shot PPQB has been reiterated as his major 'want'. It's been that way for years. Karlsson is his shot at getting one without giving up assets.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Zero chance Panarin comes here. My bet is on New York.

Jimbo can go after Karlsson all he wants but I can't see him coming here. Money is on Vegas.

Team needs all the help it can get but LW should be a major focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad