OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Looked like Dominguez hit his spot? Probably not a great idea to go into a hitter's wheelhouse up 0-2

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This is terrible. Just need to go on a 10 game losing streak to put me out of my misery.

They got 6 vs Nats and 3 vs Yanks but after that July is a much easier schedule plus they should have Neshak by then which if he's anything close to last year that will help a lot. With Hoskins hitting well, if you get Herrera close to what he was, maybe get CH to hit a little more, this team is going to win their fair share of games. Even if they don't trade for any help, I think they could be in the wild card race for much of the year unless guys like VV, Pivetta, Eflin don't pitch well. I mean they are going to have their ups and downs but if it ends up being mostly downs the phils won't win too many games.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
As much as we complain about the Flyers announcers on this board, the Phillies announcers are worse.

It sickens me to hear McCarthy and Kruk crow over Odubel's success like they knew it was coming all along when they spent every loose opportunity in the last 2 years to bash him.

(I dont give Schmidt a pass for his comments about Herrera either)

Reactions: wankstifier

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
here's all the info on the draft picks that have signed,

Phillies Drafted Players

McCarthy is terrible.

until he's not there and they replace him with Murph. I'm spoiled because I got to listen to one of the all time best duos in sports broadcasting history as a kid in the '80's with Harry and Whitey but man is it a far cry from what it used to it. Today's game I had to turn the sound down real low as it was just so bad.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This team is frustrating for sure, but they are 6 games over .500 and they are super young and finding their way.

Also their bullpen sucks to high heaven. Still not sure they can make the playoffs, but I think they'll get into the mid 80s of wins

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This team is frustrating for sure, but they are 6 games over .500 and they are super young and finding their way.

Also their bullpen sucks to high heaven. Still not sure they can make the playoffs, but I think they'll get into the mid 80s of wins

bullpens can be assembled in an offseason and should always be the final piece. Until then you let the young guys determine where this team is in the rebuild process. I was hoping between altherr, williams, franco and alfaro we would have just 1 of those guys develop into a stud. If we had that to go along with hoskins, and herrera leading us and kingery and crawford still developing i would be more encouraged. But truth be told i am very worried that this organization can't develop a bat.

Here are a list of major propsects in the phillies organization that have failed to hit at the mlb level

Travis D'anarud
Michael Taylor
Domonic Brown
jon singelton

the only one that has ever had a good season was Domino Santana. Its crazy.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Im thinking about going on Thursday the 28th, would be my first game this season

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
After these coming series with the Nats and Yanks, the Phillies play 4 teams with winning records over the next month+ (can't remember exactly).

We knew the brutal stretch would even itself out and the Phillies for the most part, held themselves up. I think they'll be in the playoff race for the better part of the year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Got my first view of Bohm in his first game with the Crosscutters today. He went 1 for 5, had a deep fly out but other then that he didn't do too much. Matt Vierling the 5th rounder from this months draft had a big night going 3 for 5 and has hit well so far. Also liked 2 of the bigger money LA signed players, Guzman at SS and Silva the pitcher, both had good games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad