OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It will be interesting to see where the team is at in a month from now and what moves management makes. June was a brutal schedule, July is much better and August isn't too bad. Braves have a tough July coming up. The division could be up for the taking if management has the stones to pony up or do they just ride it out and hope to land Machado in the off-season.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Rhys not running that pass ball out was pathetic. Probably would have been safe.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Most frustrating baseball team I've ever seen tbh. Guess that's what a young team does. Saw it with the Flyers this year.

Knapp is the worst ballplayer I've ever seen bar none in my long 20 years of watching this sport. Even worse than Bruntlett

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I feel like this is the beginning of the end of being blue balled with a "is this team for real" type team

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What happened? I just turned this slop on

It was 1-0 with a runner on 1st and 2nd. Yanks hit into a routine DP that should have ended the inning, except Cesars toss to Kingery at 2nd was way off the mark. Runners safe all around with bases loaded. Next batter singles home two runners.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It was 1-0 with a runner on 1st and 2nd. Yanks hit into a routine DP that should have ended the inning, except Cesars toss to Kingery at 2nd was way off the mark. Runners safe all around with bases loaded. Next batter singles home two runners.
E A G L E S EAGLES

This is what happens when a contender plays a pretender. The true colors come out.

Fwiw I had the Phillies contending for the wild card but that's not even going to come close to happening with this bullpen.

This game is going to be 13-1. Welcome to reality

Reactions: Rebels57

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
E A G L E S EAGLES

This is what happens when a contender plays a pretender. The true colors come out.

Fwiw I had the Phillies contending for the wild card but that's not even going to come close to happening with this bullpen.

This game is going to be 13-1. Welcome to reality

They are due for them every couple of weeks. Young teams need a shit kicking every now and then. They usually respond well.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
This series is kind of going the way I expected, these two teams aren't on the same playing field. Same will happen when they play Boston and Houston. Those teams are ****ing good

Severino is also like a top 5 pitcher. Loaisiga moved really quickly through the Yankees system, so they obviously think highly of him. Yes, the Yankees are good, but their starting pitching overall isn't as good as you might imagine after watching this series.

Houston top to bottom is one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

Reactions: trostol

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Knapp could probably be an okay hitter. He's just not suited to catcher. I regret that the Phillies didn't go after Ramos in 2017.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Like I said, Kapler thus far has been stellar getting this group this far but real teams like Yanks, Sox, even Braves in our own division should dominate the game for the next couple years.

Phils have potential but this is the time to really become aggressive if we want this group to eventually challenge for titles.
If Machado goes to another team the Phils will have dropped the ball big-time.

Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Like I said, Kapler thus far has been stellar getting this group this far but real teams like Yanks, Sox, even Braves in our own division should dominate the game for the next couple years.

Phils have potential but this is the time to really become aggressive if we want this group to eventually challenge for titles.
If Machado goes to another team the Phils will have dropped the ball big-time.
Trout ;)

Reactions: Lotusflower
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->