OT: 2018 Phillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
bullpens can be assembled in an offseason and should always be the final piece. Until then you let the young guys determine where this team is in the rebuild process. I was hoping between altherr, williams, franco and alfaro we would have just 1 of those guys develop into a stud. If we had that to go along with hoskins, and herrera leading us and kingery and crawford still developing i would be more encouraged. But truth be told i am very worried that this organization can't develop a bat.

Here are a list of major propsects in the phillies organization that have failed to hit at the mlb level

Travis D'anarud
Michael Taylor
Domonic Brown
jon singelton

the only one that has ever had a good season was Domino Santana. Its crazy.

Ancient history.
The current farm system coaches and ML hitting coach are totally different, as is the organizational approach.
If you look at the minors, a bunch of prospects have been resurrected, Green, Luke Williams, Pujols, etc.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Arod creaming every time Harper comes up is pretty annoying

Bullpen continuing its dominance. Gonna need them to find their earlier season form to have any prayer at post season play this year

EDIT: Literally just said YEAH!! as he hit that ball

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Santana takes a lot of heat but he has a 17% walk rate paired with a 13% K-rate. That's pretty legit.

Nick Williams isn't good and Altherr is having a rough year. Rhys being a -- in the OF is actually better than the other options.

Reactions: SnS and wankstifier

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Santana takes a lot of heat but he has a 17% walk rate paired with a 13% K-rate. That's pretty legit.

Nick Williams isn't good and Altherr is having a rough year. Rhys being a -- in the OF is actually better than the other options.

My argument is more about fit/need. If Williams isn’t a starter go after a free agent outfielder after this season. (Current DC RF for instance). Hoskins should be your 1B for the next decade, so why mess around with things this year, they’re not winning the WS anyway. Just didn’t really see much benefit to bringing in Santana.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
This f***ing team.

My argument is more about fit/need. If Williams isn’t a starter go after a free agent outfielder after this season. (Current DC RF for instance). Hoskins should be your 1B for the next decade, so why mess around with things this year, they’re not winning the WS anyway. Just didn’t really see much benefit to bringing in Santana.
They wanted to add a bat. They thought Santana was one of the best on the market. It's unfortunate he plays the same position as our best hitter but could you imagine this offense without him? They are going to try and add either Harper or Machado. Position won't matter. Hoskins will still be in the OF for the next two seasons.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You need a good bullpen to win in the playoffs. Also cant give the other teams extra outs. Oh well, still took the series from them. But cant be blowing leads like this.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Losing is one thing

Giving games away by gifting outs or blowing big leads is something else entirely. f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad