Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If we don't have to add anything to Domi I'd do that in a heartbeat. Hell, even if we flip Hanifin afterwards we'd get back more than we would for Domi. That's also why I doubt it happens.

Reactions: Mosby

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Dreger says the Bruins would be interesting in moving Backes, any interest here? Right shot with size. Still put up not entirely terrible numbers while having his minutes cut. Old.

His contract is...not the best for next season. BUT he has some bonus structure that might be favorable to us depending on when it's paid out and the last two years of his deal are more reasonable @ 4m. Which would also give us 2M unpaid on the cap.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This mean we're picking a D now?

Obviously there might be more moves to come, but trading Hickey and Wood "hurts" our D depth, right?

Dobson and Bouchard are great prospects. D and C impact the game more than wingers. Impact players at those positions are much harder to acquire.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was told he was better than POJ :D
I think that was me. I think I just viewed POJ as a 3-5 year development project and Wood with his shot if he could improve his skating and our lack of depth at RD I thought here was potential to make the roster as soon as 2018/19. Then Wood took a step backwards this past season and now he's gone.

Reactions: BigDoaner

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
We never really had Hickey really, so don't know how bad it hurts our depth. Wood hurts us a bit in the D dept. I just hope if Zadina is there at 5, we don't pass him up because we need defense. You can sign 2 AHL dmen and we'd be right back to where we were.

Reactions: SR

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We never really had Hickey really, so don't know how bad it hurts our depth. Wood hurts us a bit in the D dept. I just hope if Zadina is there at 5, we don't pass him up because we need defense. You can sign 2 AHL dmen and we'd be right back to where we were.
I like Fasching. The only disappointment is we'd rather have had draft picks but that being said I do like Fasching.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This mean we're picking a D now?

Don't think so (though we could be anyway of course)

I think the way @Kimahri put it on the trade board is right.

Kyle wood developed into an AHL healthy scratch.

The NHL level D is pretty well lined up for a while. The main question left is what happens with Hammer. There's at most 1 spot open right now for the foreseeable future.
So if our prospect depth is POJ, Trevor Murphy, and Capobianco that's enough for now provided we take a few in the later rounds as well.

If they draft a D it will be because all the forwards in that value range went already.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dreger says the Bruins would be interesting in moving Backes, any interest here? Right shot with size. Still put up not entirely terrible numbers while having his minutes cut. Old.

His contract is...not the best for next season. BUT he has some bonus structure that might be favorable to us depending on when it's paid out and the last two years of his deal are more reasonable @ 4m. Which would also give us 2M unpaid on the cap.

Loved Backes in STL but he looks old and slow in Boston. Not much interest from me.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Give me Quinn Hughes at 5th overall and Tyler Johnson for POJ and a 2nd. With Hickey, Wood and POJ out, we’ll have a bigger need for the talents of Quinn Hughes. With RW/C Tyler Johnson aboard, the RW/C need is lessened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad