Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He mentioned in his post game interview last night that they have a lot of work to do. Not sure that it means trades necessarily, but he's been pretty active.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It really all depends upon the draft. If we get a big forward we look for depth. If we get a little forward we look for a bruiser for the top lines. If we take a D, we need 2 top 6 forwards. However it goes, we’re going to lose someone whom we (probably over) value

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Chayka has been the most active GM in the league in his short time in the league. Expect more trades.

I maintain the team needs 2 top 6 wingers that can score goals. Push the likes of Perlini and Fischer down the line up and we don't have to see Rinaldo playing on a scoring line. 1 position is possibly solved with the lottery (sechnikov?).

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Ideally we land Svechnikov/Zadina/Wahlstrom in the draft and land Simmonds through trade. Although not sure what Philly’s ask would be.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Ideally we land Svechnikov/Zadina/Wahlstrom in the draft and land Simmonds through trade. Although not sure what Philly’s ask would be.
If we add one of the forwards you mention, I don't think we should add any other forwards, let the kids grow and don't take on cap. If we get lucky and drat Dahlin then we add a scoring forward. Other then that, i hope we sign OEL and keep the team together.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Does that mean that we won't have Chick or Hammer at the start of next season?

I would guess we won't on Chychrun and Hjalmarsson could go either way.
Although Chychrun's last knee injury occurred later in the offseason and he came back in early December. So I wouldn't totally rule him out.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Although Chychrun's last knee injury occurred later in the offseason and he came back in early December. So I wouldn't totally rule him out.
I think that all players should start wearing braces to protect those ligaments!

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I can't recall a season that ended so poorly in the standings, but there was this wonderful feeling among the fans and (from the tweets posted above) The team. Lots of injuries are unfortunate, but if this team can just get lucky one time and pick 1-2, and Chayka can work his magic this offseason, We are going to be dangerous for years to come. Most important offseason in recent history? I think so

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Hate to say it, but I could see 1 or 2 of Perlini (especially), Strome, and Fischer being moved for the forward help that Chayka is referring to. Should be an interesting offseason.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Man the injuries realllly mounted up at the end of this season. Hopefully all those gents can have a great offseason and come back 100% and ready to rock.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hate to say it, but I could see 1 or 2 of Perlini (especially), Strome, and Fischer being moved for the forward help that Chayka is referring to. Should be an interesting offseason.

Strome would need to be packaged with our first to return an actual 1C who is an clear upgrade on the centers we have, because he does not have that trade value on his own. And even I'm pretty sure those two pieces won't be enough.

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, here's to the coming feelgood story "this team started last season 0-10-1 *dark music, still shots of sad faces and injured Coyotes*...but look where they are now! *soaring joyous music, still shots of arms raised in triumph*"

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Chychruns last injury was in the ending of July, that's four months later in the year than this. I guess they haven't posted anything about the seriousness? But that's a big difference, isn't it. If this takes the same time, he should make it and even get to be part of the pre-season?

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Chychruns last injury was in the ending of July, that's four months later in the year than this. I guess they haven't posted anything about the seriousness? But that's a big difference, isn't it. If this takes the same time, he should make it and even get to be part of the pre-season?

I'm still pissed about how this injury to Chych happened. Garbage by Frolik imo.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really don’t want to see roster players traded. As a result, Chayka’s comments about personnel additions up front make me nervous. So much so that I’m really hoping we win the #2 or #3 pick so that we can have an NHL ready forward in Svechnikov or Zadina, thus reducing the need for major shake ups among the forward group.

Reactions: Name Nameless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->