2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ultimately my plan would be to take Zadina at 3, and then trade Pacioretty for a C- and that could be a pick in the 8-12 range and try and get Kotkaniemi in that way. Even if we miss out on Kotkaniemi, we can fall back on Hayton. As well, I expect us to be in the lottery next year so can try and get a C there as well.
Hayton will be a C at the next level... at least thats what i believe.... he spent the season on the wing afterall...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If he ends up a Mikko Koivu kind of player and Zadina goes on to become an elite 1st liner winger, do we still NEED Kotkaniemi?

Go BPA, if thta happens to be Kotkaniemi, then great.
Shit mikko koivu has been a 1A for more than ten years in the NHL, id say hes worth more than Pacioretty.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sens management is really stupid.

Cause the Habs have been a model franchise when it comes to sound decision-making?

I understand the Sens are at a whole other level on account of their off ice issues. But the Habs have no lessons to give to anyone, so I'm not exactly inclined to call the Sens "stupid" when our own management has been beyond brutal.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If he ends up a Mikko Koivu kind of player and Zadina goes on to become an elite 1st liner winger, do we still NEED Kotkaniemi?

Go BPA, if that happens to be Kotkaniemi, then great.

I feel like all we ever talk about are the limits to Jesperi's upside. What about Zadina's? Sky's the limit? Rich man's ovechkin?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I feel like all we ever talk about are the limits to Jesperi's upside. What about Zadina's? Sky's the limit? Rich man's ovechkin?

Only because I feel some people are thinking about drafting for need, which I consider to be a slippery slope.

As I said, if our scouts feel Kotka is the BPA, great. If he isn't, don't reach because he's a center is all I'm saying.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I see Dellandrea much closer to Kotkaniemi than Berggren is close to Zadina. Here's my ranking of all 4:

Zadina
Kotkaniemi
Dellandrea
Berggren

Yeah I see it the other way around. Berggren is much better than Dellandrea, and I like Ty. He just doesn't have the toolkit or box that Barry does, and I'm not calling Ty stupid or unskilled.

Reactions: Habs76

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Is the 2nd best ES goalscorer for 3 years straight really not elite?

Based on how he plays there's really nothing elite about his game aside from his wrister release, so I'm gonna go ahead and say no. He's not elite and never was.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
T
Based on how he plays there's really nothing elite about his game aside from his wrister release, so I'm gonna go ahead and say no. He's not elite and never was.
You have high standards then. I mean, hes produced at a similar clip to Tarasenko, Marchand, Toews, Bergeron, Wheeler, Voracek, etc. And thats including his putrid season he just had. Either a) were too hard on hin. B) hes really not elite.

Anyhow, I dont really see Zadina ever topping that, value wise. So the point stands.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
**** mikko koivu has been a 1A for more than ten years in the NHL,.
by default, just like DD used to be our first line center for years despite the fact he is and has always been a borderline AHLer... In reality Koivu is a great 2-way 2nd line center, not a first one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
by default, just like DD used to be our first line center for years despite the fact he is and has always been a borderline AHLer... In reality Koivu is a great 2-way 2nd line center, not a first one.

Hes a 1B type. People proclaim Bergeron the 2nd or 3rd best C in the NHL then go on about guys like Koivu and Plekanec being "good 2nd line Cs".

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Only because I feel some people are thinking about drafting for need, which I consider to be a slippery slope.

As I said, if our scouts feel Kotka is the BPA, great. If he isn't, don't reach because he's a center is all I'm saying.

What I think is happening is that Zadina excelled in a league people are familiar with, while Kotkaniemi was good in a league they're unfamiliar with. There's just no frame of reference. It's easy to see 44 goals and think Nathan MacKinnon, and easy to forget Timo Meier. Whereas the only frame of reference they have for 30 points in Liiga is Artturi Lehkonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad