2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
As some of you may know, every year Mise-O-Jeu offers prop bets for the NHL draft.

Generally they have more than that (maybe some will be added as we get closer to June 22). But for now here's what they're offering:

1. Who will be Montreal's pick?
Zadina pays 1,90
Kotkaniemi 4,50
Tkachuk 4,50
Hughes 5,00
Boqvist 25,00
Wahlstrom 25,00
Other player 6,00

2. Who will be drafted first?
Hughes 2,35
Tkachuk 1,40

3. Who will be drafted first?
Boqvist 2,50
Wahlstrom 1,35

4. Who will be drafted first?
Bouchard 1,65
Dobson 1,85

5. Who will be drafted first?
Hayton 1,40
Farabee 2,35

6. When will Kotkaniemi be drafted?
Before 8,5 = 1,50
After 8,5 = 2,10

7. When will Veleno be drafted?
Before 12,5 = 2,50
After 12,5 = 1,35

8. When will Smith be drafted?
Before 13,5 = 1,95
After 13,5 = 1,60

Last edited:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
As some of you may know, every year Mise-O-Jeu offers prop bets for the NHL draft.

Generally they have more than that (maybe some will be added as we get closer on June 22). But for here's what they're offering:

Zadina pays 1,90
Kotkaniemi 4,50
Tkachuk 4,50
Hughes 5,00
Boqvist 25,00
Wahlstrom 25,00
Other player 6,00

Hughes 2,35
Tkachuk 1,40

Boqvist 2,50
Wahlstrom 1,35

Bouchard 1,65
Dobson 1,85

Hayton 1,40
Farabee 2,35

Before 8,5 = 1,50
After 8,5 = 2,10

Before 12,5 = 2,50
After 12,5 = 1,35

Before 13,5 = 1,95
After 13,5 = 1,60
I’ll put some money on Dobson being drafted before Bouchard

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Generally they have more than that (maybe some will be added as we get closer on June 22). But for here's what they're offering:

Zadina pays 1,90
Kotkaniemi 4,50
Tkachuk 4,50
Hughes 5,00
Boqvist 25,00
Wahlstrom 25,00
Other player 6,00

Hughes 2,35
Tkachuk 1,40

Boqvist 2,50
Wahlstrom 1,35

Bouchard 1,65
Dobson 1,85

Hayton 1,40
Farabee 2,35

Before 8,5 = 1,50
After 8,5 = 2,10

Before 12,5 = 2,50
After 12,5 = 1,35

Before 13,5 = 1,95
After 13,5 = 1,60

There is also Kravtsov 2.5 vs Kupari 1,35

I took 2 tickets with the only change on both tickets the first prop. as I took Kotkaniemi on the first and other player as the second (Dobson)

I also have Kovalchuk ending with L.A. 7.0 in the free agent section on both tickets, it gives me about 3000$ with a bet of 10$

Last edited:

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

Zadina pays 1,90
Kotkaniemi 4,50
Tkachuk 4,50
Hughes 5,00
Boqvist 25,00
Wahlstrom 25,00
Other player 6,00

Hughes 2,35
Tkachuk 1,40

Boqvist 2,50
Wahlstrom 1,35

Bouchard 1,65
Dobson 1,85

Hayton 1,40
Farabee 2,35

Before 8,5 = 1,50
After 8,5 = 2,10

Before 12,5 = 2,50
After 12,5 = 1,35

Before 13,5 = 1,95
After 13,5 = 1,60

I have put a lot of money on Kravtsov x2.5 over Kupari, that bet was way too good, some on Farabee and Dobson as well in different combinations. I also added some trophy winners like Gallant winning the Jack Adams for small extra pay off.

I also betted some money a few days ago when Veleno was x1.6 if drafted after 11.5 with other combinations. They changed that bet since, Dobson was x2.2 at that time too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We can make some good money on these odds, given the level of insightful analysis here.

So your top bets would be:

Kravtsov over Kupari
Dobson over Bouchard

Who else?

We have to move on this before they change it again. Srew vCash, this is the real deal. Let's make some dough.

Reactions: Meat Wave

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
We can make some good money on these odds, given the level of insightful analysis here.

So your top bets would be:

Kravtsov over Kupari
Dobson over Bouchard

Who else?

We have to move on this before they change it again. Srew vCash, this is the real deal. Let's make some dough.

Those are the best ones. Wahlstrom x1.45 over Boqvist seems decent with Boqvist dropping recently due to the concussions issues. Farabee offers nice pay off at x2.1 over Hayton. Then, you can add trophy winners for some extra multipliers. I mainly like to add Gallant/Barzal(x1.02 each, low pay off, but pretty much guaranteed) and Rinne(x1.21 is interesting here). Boyle and Hedman are interesting options as well. A bit on the riskier side but higher pay off (and still high likelihood) are Mackinnon for the Hart and Kopitar for the Selke.

Kravtsov is a very good deal right now imo. It already dropped a bit, but still very high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Man, I love Zadina. But I really really like kotkaniemi too. I think they are neck and neck tbh and I wouldn’t be disappointed one bit of we took the fin. He’s big skilled, can play centre and has a great shot. Skating is a tad awkward but he fights for position and he knows where to be to get a good chance. Hoping by some miracle we can acquire another top ten pick and get Jesper and Zadina.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Why does some of these don't work ? Let's say I take Mackinnon for Hart then I can't take Kopitar for Selke...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone understand why Denisenko was snubbed by the national team ? Makes no sense to me.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
The thing with O’Brien is we can’t properly evaluate him seeing as how he was playing High School. He might have far greater potential than other centres in the bottom half of the 1st/early 2nd. We know guys like McLaughlin, Hillis, etc aren’t going to be 1st line centres. He might have that offensive ability. I’d trade up for him if that’s the case.

O'Brien played some games with the USA U-18 team this year against NCAA teams and did well in limited ice time. Lots of NHL scouts saw those games. Also at the US Nationals in April there's was a ton of scouts that went there to see him.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I have put a lot of money on Kravtsov x2.5 over Kupari, that bet was way too good, some on Farabee and Dobson as well in different combinations. I also added some trophy winners like Gallant winning the Jack Adams for small extra pay off.

I also betted some money a few days ago when Veleno was x1.6 if drafted after 11.5 with other combinations. They changed that bet since, Dobson was x2.2 at that time too.

Hoooooly shit, that's an enormous payoff for no reason whatsoever.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The worst part about passing on Zadina would be Ottawa getting their hands on him.
If the Sens were smart they'd give this years pick to the Avs seeing the tire fire that will be the 2019 season or figure out a way to get next years backs that will be looking like Hughes

The more I see the debate between Kotka & Zadina the more I think we will pick Dobson just to do the unexpected

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Seems like the logic ''take Zadina, and try to get a center later'' really hasn't been challenged around here. As in, the idea that you could just take Kotkaniemi and try to get a winger later hasn't even been advanced. And that is completely bonkers to me considering how undervalued some wingers are in this draft: first among them being Jonatan Berggren. Barry is clearly ahead of all the centers being advanced as options for our 2nd round pick, and in my opinion it's not particularly close. He's in my final top 15. Moreover, it appears that he'll be extremely underrated on Bob's final list and actually available for our 2nds.

So what would you rather have:

Zadina + Dellandrea
Kotkaniemi + Berggren

In my mind, Kotkaniemi and Zadina are of the same quality as prospects, only one is potentially much more valuable due to both his position, and his style of play. I don't see 40 goals for Filip. He's a 30-30 guy, IMO, and that's just not out of range for Kotkaniemi. Moreover, Kotkaniemi is a more dominating presence on the ice and is more of a multifaceted offensive threat.

Kotkaniemi + Berggren for me.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Seems like the logic ''take Zadina, and try to get a center later'' really hasn't been challenged around here. As in, the idea that you could just take Kotkaniemi and try to get a winger later hasn't even been advanced. And that is completely bonkers to me considering how undervalued some wingers are in this draft: first among them being Jonatan Berggren. Barry is clearly ahead of all the centers being advanced as options for our 2nd round pick, and in my opinion it's not particularly close. He's in my final top 15. Moreover, it appears that he'll be extremely underrated on Bob's final list and actually available for our 2nds.

So what would you rather have:

Zadina + Dellandrea
Kotkaniemi + Berggren

In my mind, Kotkaniemi and Zadina are of the same quality as prospects, only one is potentially much more valuable due to both his position, and his style of play. I don't see 40 goals for Filip. He's a 30-30 guy, IMO, and that's just not out of range for Kotkaniemi. Moreover, Kotkaniemi is a more dominating presence on the ice and is more of a multifaceted offensive threat.

Kotkaniemi + Berggren for me.
I've started typing replies that agree and disagree with you so it's a really tough choice

I think the floor of Zadina + Dellandrea is higher but the ceiling of Kotkaniemi + Berggren is higher

How about we split the difference and take Kotkaniemi + Dellandrea :naughty:

Covers our C bases in the off chance Kotka ends up a winger, regardless I long for the day where we have so much C depth we need to move someone to the wing, and not like when we were catering for Lil Davey

Reactions: Bacchus1

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I've started typing replies that agree and disagree with you so it's a really tough choice

I think the floor of Zadina + Dellandrea is higher but the ceiling of Kotkaniemi + Berggren is higher

How about we split the difference and take Kotkaniemi + Dellandrea :naughty:

Covers our C bases in the off chance Kotka ends up a winger, regardless I long for the day where we have so much C depth we need to move someone to the wing, and not like when we were catering for Lil Davey

Lol @ bolded.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we ended up with TD and JK.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Lol @ bolded.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we ended up with TD and JK.
Cartwheels for that + it's not the end of the world if we re-signed Pacioretty, is it?
Take away the Captaincy of course but you're probably looking at maybe a 10 pt yearly difference in what Max puts out vs any winger we draft this year over the next 6 years, there's a 20-30 pt gap if these Cs hit their ceiling over anything else we have

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Cartwheels for that + it's not the end of the world if we re-signed Pacioretty, is it?
Take away the Captaincy of course but you're probably looking at maybe a 10 pt yearly difference in what Max puts out vs any winger we draft this year over the next 6 years, there's a 20-30 pt gap if these Cs hit their ceiling over anything else we have

What good is Patches gonna be in 3-4 years when any of these guys start to become legit NHL players?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What good is Patches gonna be in 3-4 years when any of these guys start to become legit NHL players?
Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer he left this offseason especially if we are rebuilding and can get a potential Top 4 LHD or Top 6 C in return but if we can't I'd rather re-sign him and pass over a comparable winger in this years draft to select a C or D than to let him walk and we are still looking for Cs & Ds.

Buys us a few years so our new GM can draft/trade/sign someone to replace him

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

And then you have to consider the value of those 3 or 4 years. Like, what are we doin' here? Okay, we get patches extended for 3-4 years at a reasonable price: where does that get us? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad