2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Hes a 1B type. People proclaim Bergeron the 2nd or 3rd best C in the NHL then go on about guys like Koivu and Plekanec being "good 2nd line Cs".
1B is fair enough... I would say he is an ideal second...

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
“We see the way the game has gone now. Size isn’t as much of an issue anymore. You have to play the game fast and you have to have skill, even on defence." - Trevor Timmins.

Welcome to Montreal, Quinn Hughes

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So, one thing we are assuming here is that Bergevin will be patient. I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks someone who could be inserted into the line up next season. That would be Tkachuk or Bouchard.

I hope not, but it is a real possibility. Bergevin is often myopic.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What I think is happening is that Zadina excelled in a league people are familiar with, while Kotkaniemi was good in a league they're unfamiliar with. There's just no frame of reference. It's easy to see 44 goals and think Nathan MacKinnon, and easy to forget Timo Meier. Whereas the only frame of reference they have for 30 points in Liiga is Artturi Lehkonen.

I wouldn't write Timo off quite yet. Is he a dynamic talent? No. But he's a feisty, stocky bugger who can score goals. Really he's Tkachuk without the name recognition and he went appropriately in his draft year.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So, one thing we are assuming here is that Bergevin will be patient. I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks someone who could be inserted into the line up next season. That would be Tkachuk or Bouchard.

I hope not, but it is a real possibility. Bergevin is often myopic.
I dont think Bouchard and Tkachuk play next year. Hughes is the one that will play next year out of the top 10.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
“We see the way the game has gone now. Size isn’t as much of an issue anymore. You have to play the game fast and you have to have skill, even on defence." - Trevor Timmins.

Welcome to Montreal, Quinn Hughes

Why couldn't that be Boqvist? You really think Mr. Attitude is drafting the defenseman who skipped the combine because he was tired after world's?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wouldn't write Timo off quite yet. Is he a dynamic talent? No. But he's a feisty, stocky bugger who can score goals. Really he's Tkachuk without the name recognition and he went appropriately in his draft year.
I think Meier suffered from the Moose head curse. Every moose head gets drafted too high it seems, or have unreasonable expectations. Its similar with London. Its a puppy mill and teams assume theyre special puppies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Timo played MUCH better once Kane got on the team. Expect a big year next year.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Sure, I'm not writing him off, but passing on a Timo Meier for Kotkaniemi seems more palatable than passing on a fictional, but equally good as Svechnikov Zadina.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Idk if it has already been posted. Take what you want from this but I think it's interesting to say the least.

Seems decently in line with my perception although which a couple outliers. Mandolese is a bum.. while Zadina being in the bottom 10 makes no sense. Riley Sutter and Ryan MacLeod being there isn't a surprise.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This was Zadina t the U18s LAST YEAR imagine how hyped people would be if he had done that this year lol

Beautiful edge work and soft hands.

I'm not sure anyone here would be mad if we got Zadina.

That's not really the discussion is it ? It's whether there are other possibilities at 3, and what the pros/cons are for each. I have a group of player at 3 I'm interested in: Wahlstrom, Zadina, Kotkaniemi, Dobson and Boqvist. I'll be happy with any of them and I don't believe the separation to be much between any.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
I don't think Dellandrea and Alex Alex are realistic at that point. They pretty much gonna go top 25.

At what point do you consider trading the 35th pick plus another 2nd (let's say the TOR one) to get one of those guys (AlexAlex/Dellendrea/Sandin) ? Let's say AlexAlex is still available at 26-27 ? And would it be enough ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
At what point do you consider trading the 35th pick plus another 2nd (let's say the TOR one) to get one of those guys (AlexAlex/Dellendrea/Sandin) ? Let's say AlexAlex is still available at 26-27 ? And would it be enough ?
For Alexeyev? My two first 2nd for as early as I can, unless theres some huge faller. Dellandrea, i dont think id pay up.

Reactions: philipsson

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dahlin - I'd be over the moon
Svech - over the moon
Zadina - Okay with but not stoked
Tkachuk - Absolutely pissed
Dobson - okay with but not stoked
Bouchard - Bewildered and slightly miffed
Hughes - okay with but not stoked
Kotkaniemi - cautiously optimistic
Wahlstrom - stoked
Boqvist - stoked.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wahlstrom and Zadina would be really disappointing IMO.

You have a chance at a better tomorrow and all you do is swap one winger for another... so meh. f*** that BPA noise, a winger is rarely BPA.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Dahlin - I'd be over the moon
Svech - over the moon
Zadina - Okay with but not stoked
Tkachuk - Absolutely pissed
Dobson - okay with but not stoked
Bouchard - Bewildered and slightly miffed
Hughes - okay with but not stoked
Kotkaniemi - cautiously optimistic
Wahlstrom - stoked
Boqvist - stoked.

What makes Wahlstrom better than Zadina?

They seem fairly similar but it looks to me like Zadina has a much better motor.

Reactions: ginomini
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad