GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft (SJ Board Edition)

Do you want to have dedicated player discussion threads for each player drafted by the Sharks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
And now the draft floor is playing Sweet Caroline. I've gone from being calm and relaxed to wanting to murder someone. Words cannot express the extent to which I hate that song and the stupid way it's become ingrained in sports culture as a dumb fake "tradition" that doesn't want you to know it's less than 10 years old.

Reactions: Iron Mosher

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bah, **** you Arizona. Took Tendeck 158th.

No more draft-worthy Giants on the board anymore unless someone wants to take a 7th round flier on Alex Kannok-Liepert. He's shown some skill, but lost development time due to injury and might top out as a 5/6 all-arounder type. He might be better off going undrafted and getting another shot next year since he'll likely be #4 on the Giants depth chart instead of 7th.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Low key-late round flier hopes for the other draftable Langley Riverman, Brendan Budy. Acutally a Langley native, committed to Denver, captained the team this year. Good skater, good hands, nice passer. Biggest issue is size (5'10) and adapting to a tougher game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lol, less than 5 minutes after I mention him, Washington takes Kannok-Liepert. No more draftable Giants left. Time to close up shop on them until next year with Bowen Byram (drool) and German import Yannik Valenti

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sharks meeting with Tavares/agent on Monday (in LA). Can't sign until 7/1. (Nor "officially" negotiate a deal. "General" terms can be discussed.)
Where did you see that he's meeting with them on Monday? I saw that he was going to be meeting with teams Monday and Tuesday and speculation from Friedman (I think) that Sharks would probably be in the running but I didn't see any confirmation.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Where did you see that he's meeting with them on Monday? I saw that he was going to be meeting with teams Monday and Tuesday and speculation from Friedman (I think) that Sharks would probably be in the running but I didn't see any confirmation.

was mentioned on the draft broadcast

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I guess NHL Network forgot they were supposed to be covering the Draft. After the second round all sports do this. They become a talk show rather than a draft show. Networks need a better way to cover the entirety of the draft rather than the first two rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad