Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not entirely true. Lias can play in the NHL in 2019 and still slide. The cut off is when the contract is signed. A few years ago the Rangers signed Gropp on the last day of the year due to this.

Kravtsov would be in a similar situation as Mittelstadt. A contract signed in the calendar year where the player turns 20, is not slide eligible and will count the moment the player is active for 1 game.

FYI .. This is the play I was talking about earlier. I'll bet you my house that this was intentional. He bounces the puck off the cage to get past 2 opponents.

Frustrated as much as the next that he/team didn't score but that move putting the puck off the back of the next to have two opponents sandwich into each other is just awesome.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
With the way NYR is currently rebuilding, I don't think it really matters if Kravtsov's contract slides or not. The team could use his talent sooner rather than later.

FWIW, Kravtsov mentioned post draft that he wanted to stay in NA to work on his game, but management thought that a year in the KHL would be best for his development. I strongly think he ends up in NYR in the spring.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
With the way NYR is currently rebuilding, I don't think it really matters if Kravtsov's contract slides or not. The team could use his talent sooner rather than later.

FWIW, Kravtsov mentioned post draft that he wanted to stay in NA to work on his game, but management thought that a year in the KHL would be best for his development. I strongly think he ends up in NYR in the spring.
It was due in part to the fact that there was no easy way for him to opt out of his final year on contract with Traktor. Also if we sign him in the Spring as soon as his season ends then the contact wont slide.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
It was due in part to the fact that there was no easy way for him to opt out of his final year on contract with Traktor. Also if we sign him in the Spring as soon as his season ends then the contact wont slide.
He can play in Hartfortd. No reason to lose a year of contract for meaningless 10 games.

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Yes. He had to buy out his own contract which would have cost him more than what he would make in a year in NY unless he'd be on the Rangers team all year long. It's a lot of money to give up for an 18 year old.

The ridiculous suggestions I've seen here regarding that still make me laugh. "What if Dolan just gives him the cash back?" or "What if the Rangers just give him 925k guaranteed?" :laugh:

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
NEW YORK RANGERS: Nils Lundkvist, D, Lulea-SHL
I’ve watched a game of Lundkvist in the SHL this season and he’s looked fine, but unspectacular to me. That’s his game, though; he’s not a very flashy player and tends to get his value from being efficient with his feet and vision. He’s not getting a ton of minutes, but from what I saw, he was the quarterback on Lulea’s top PP unit and is getting chances to produce offense.

One other Rangers tidbit I want to add is about their top prospect Vitali Kravtsov. His KHL team Traktor, which went to the final four last season in the KHL, looked awful to start the season. Related to that, Kravtsov’s KHL deal runs through the end of the season, and this KHL season will end on Feb. 22. This opens up the possibility of Kravtsov coming to North America this season, depending if he’s traded to a KHL contender in the next few weeks.

Pronman: Around the Farms -- Which prospects are having...

(d) (i)
In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC, with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary, games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided, however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all circumstances.

9.2 Age of Players. As used in this Article, "age," including "First SPC Signing Age," means a Player's age on September 15 of the calendar year in which he signs an SPC, regardless of his actual age on the date he signs such SPC.

Kravstov turns 20 on 12/23/19. He signs at 19 but turns 20 later in the year. No slide.

Do the Rangers do it? Get Kravstov into the AHL and finish out the season with the big club.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Pronman: Around the Farms -- Which prospects are having...

Kravstov turns 20 on 12/23/19. He signs at 19 but turns 20 later in the year. No slide.

Do the Rangers do it? Get Kravstov into the AHL and finish out the season with the big club.

I've been saying this several times. Kravtsov's ELC won't be slide-eligible. His contract situation will be similar to Mittelstadt. It's a waste to play him and burn a year off his ELC. He will probably sign an ATO in Hartford if he comes over. I don't think he will be good enough to play in Bratislava in May, but might be able to crack the line up for the Carlson games in April

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
New coach and new lines today. He's on the third line.

Traktor isn't too far outside the playoffs. As "bad" as they've been, its all relative. They have been far from the worst team in the league. I think they could still make it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I wouldn't mess around with haggling over keeping his ELC in tact as long as possible. Get him over as quickly as you can. This is a player who has a career path that isn't the Rangers that could also be quite lucrative. Make him feel wanted. He has some leverage too. If he decides to stay one more year in the KHL, his entry level deal would only be two seasons, anyways.

Reactions: NewLife

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I wouldn't mess around with haggling over keeping his ELC in tact as long as possible. Get him over as quickly as you can. This is a player who has a career path that isn't the Rangers that could also be quite lucrative. Make him feel wanted. He has some leverage too. If he decides to stay one more year in the KHL, his entry level deal would only be two seasons, anyways.
A benefit of burning a year early is that it could keep the second contract a little lower too

Full disclaimer: I don’t really care which way they go with this, I’m just excited to get him here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad