Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I haven’t been following Kravtsov. On a scale of 1-10 since being drafted, how well is he doing?

I really wanted Wahlstrom, how is he doing so far?

4 or 5. Close to what should be expected, although not exactly playing as well as a fair preseason expectation. The team is in chaos and that’s mostly not his fault. Better than Lundkvist is doing, too early to say how he’d compare to Miller, although Miller had a good first two games.

No clue how Wahlstrom is doing nor do I care.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
4 or 5. Close to what should be expected, although not exactly playing as well as a fair preseason expectation. The team is in chaos and that’s mostly not his fault. Better than Lundkvist is doing, too early to say how he’d compare to Miller, although Miller had a good first two games.

I thought you watched everything.

And 4 or 5? You have no clue what you're talking about

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

4 or 5? Not sure what you were expecting him to do as 18 year old in the KHL. Your post just screams that you only look at his numbers on hockeydb and were expecting him to be a PPG player.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
4 or 5? Not sure what you were expecting him to do as 18 year old in the KHL. Your post just screams that you only look at his numbers on hockeydb and were expecting him to be a PPG player.

This guy watches everything. Well, that's what it looks like when he posts a "top 62" list of prospects for the 2019 draft. Apparently he doesn't watch the KHL, nor the NCAA :laugh:

Oops! Another personal attack

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not enough gifs of him scoring and too many gifs of him making great non-scoring plays lowers his grade for me tbh

Reactions: Mac n Gs

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not enough gifs of him scoring and too many gifs of him making great non-scoring plays lowers his grade for me tbh

Please don't take it a wrong way but this view is just a step away from stat watching.

Kravtsov has been showing ability to take over shifts on a consistent basis - not just keep up with the play. At this stage in his development in this league it's very impressive and serves a better indication of where he's in his development than lack of production (which relatively speaking is still in line with some very prominent Russian NHL stars).

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Please don't take it a wrong way but this view is just a step away from stat watching.

Kravtsov has been showing ability to take over shifts on a consistent basis - not just keep up with the play. At this stage in his development in this league it's very impressive and serves a better indication of where he's in his development than lack of production (which relatively speaking is still in line with some very prominent Russian NHL stars).
I feel like my post went over your head. Go check out the main board thread ;)

I am 100% in agreement with you.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I feel like my post went over your head. Go check out the main board thread ;)

I am 100% in agreement with you.

A. I never go to the main board.
B. Your "lowers his grade for me tbh" threw me off.
C. I probably need to get my sarcasm radar tuned up. First, @darko and @Amazing Kreiderman didn't realize I played along with their "unfriendly" banter, then I almost missed sarcastic tone from @Go Away Staal .

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I actually outlined it a couple of times, and I’ve watched many games, but believe whatever you like. He’s played slightly below my expectations, hence the 4 or 5. Should I give him a 10 because he’s a Rangers prospect? Some of you have that mindset. I’d think the guy who asked the question was looking for a serious answer and not the Pom-Poms answer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I actually outlined it a couple of times, and I’ve watched many games, but believe whatever you like. He’s played slightly below my expectations, hence the 4 or 5. Should I give him a 10 because he’s a Rangers prospect? Some of you have that mindset. I’d think the guy who asked the question was looking for a serious answer and not the Pom-Poms answer.

Honest question: How many hockey games do you watch per day?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

What were you expecting?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Do the Rangers do it? Get Kravstov into the AHL and finish out the season with the big club.

giphy.gif

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

You know it would really help your case if you explained what about his game has fallen below your expectations rather than just jumping into a conversation with your dukes up and with out any actual insight.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, that is exactly it.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Honest question: How many hockey games do you watch per day?

I don't think it really matters how many games anyone watches. He's not a professional scout. There are some posters I trust far more than others to give fair assessments regarding players and their development.

I wish the amount of games watched correlated directly to a person's analytical ability, but unfortunately that is almost never the case.

I won't give my personal opinion about the poster in question. However, I will say I haven't watched VK, but the overwhelming consensus from people I do trust (not just on this forum) is that he has met or exceeded reasonable expectations thus far. One negative judgement does not override those others.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So Kravtsov and Traktor have played 17 games so far this season, about 1/4.
A couple of statistical breakdowns:
1. 6 points (practically no PP time and he's still tied for 4th among team's forwards with Stoa)
2. -8 in that span. It is a combination of +6 and -14. +6 (and 6 total points while I don't recall any PP points) = means that in 17 games he didn't get a benefit of a single GoalFor where he didn't contribute while on the ice.
3. 39 shots on goal. By far the most SOG among forwards. The next group are the 1st line forwards at 30, 27 and 24 (with the benefit of majority of PP time).
4. Speaking of PP - Kravtsov got the second most fouls against on the team with 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad