Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He's lucky he didn't get killed there/that will never work in the NHL.

I would have to disagree. At full speed like that, most defensemen are going to take a penalty trying to keep up with him. It will be interesting to see him at the WJC if he is undressing pros consistently.

Edit - Now in fairness, there are moves I have seen him make that I would think would get him in a bit more trouble in the NHL than the KHL. It's just that this one in particular I don't see much issue with

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
He's lucky he didn't get killed there/that will never work in the NHL.

You tried to be cute mocking someone else's post with this and now everybody thinks you're for real....
maybe you should have just been quiet and been a little more dignified....

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I haven’t been following Kravtsov. On a scale of 1-10 since being drafted, how well is he doing?

I really wanted Wahlstrom, how is he doing so far?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I haven’t been following Kravtsov. On a scale of 1-10 since being drafted, how well is he doing?

To me, it's an 8.5

He has been really impressive so far, not just in the games he played for Traktor, but also at the u20 4N. He flatout dominated there which is what you want to see. I wanted him at 8 (before the draft lottery) and was very happy when we picked him at 9. I was arguing with a lot of Ranger fans at the draft in Dallas who wanted Wahlstrom and tried to explain to them how good Kravtsov is. Now, 4 months later, people seem to notice how good he is. Not that Wahlstrom isn't great, but I just prefer the type of player Kravtsov is because I feel he translates better to the NHL with his style.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Trakto is 1:1 in the late stages of today's game against Sibir. No points so far but Kravtsov has been dominating his shifts.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
OT.

Crazy - Kravtsov wasn't on any of the first three units for Traktor. Now they are on PK so Kravtsov will probably won't get a chance.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018

Both extreme 10's !

Nah, no one can say, it's been two minutes since they've been drafted....

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I've been saying this several times. Kravtsov's ELC won't be slide-eligible. His contract situation will be similar to Mittelstadt. It's a waste to play him and burn a year off his ELC. He will probably sign an ATO in Hartford if he comes over. I don't think he will be good enough to play in Bratislava in May, but might be able to crack the line up for the Carlson games in April

I remember people around here who have had some interactions with NHL management say that teams don't see stuff like a sliding contract as THAT big a deal compared to how fans on this board view it. If the Rangers feel that getting him signed ASAP so he can't be tempted away by a KHL team, or that it makes "sense" to his development to bring him over, they'll do it even if it means a year burned on his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->