Kuznetsov: 4 goals, 3 assists in 15 games
Kucherov: 1 goal, 3 assists in 15 games
Panarin: 1 goal, 3 assists in 15 games
Buchnevich: 3 goals, 1 assist in 15 games

Oh, and he leads all u20 players in both goals and points in the KHL

What was Kaprizov?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov plays against Yulaev Salavat Ufa in 2 hours (7:30 AM EST).

Ufa won their 2 most recent games against Avangard Omsk (3-2) and Slovan Bratislava (4-1) and are currently 5th in the East. I will try to watch the game at work and update in the thread

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
5 minutes in, and Kravtsov already had a great zone-exit that reminds me of his game vs Cherepovets (in OT). With the size of the rink in Ufa, it's quite impressive how fast he goes north-south. Stoa having another brutal game. I am happy Kravtsov is centered by Polyganov.

While I type this, he has a takeaway near the bench and sends 2 teammates away with a deep pass. That sequence turns into sustained pressure with multiple shot attempts. Kravtsov again creating stuff.

Meanwhile, Stoa gets called for a lazy tripping call. He's been absolutely atrocious for weeks now.

Quiet 2nd period and Traktor is slowly imploding (not a new experience this season). What's hopeful is that despite the implosion, Kravtsov still looks to do the small things right. He still plays well.

Traktor went down 5-0. What a mess that team is.

Last edited:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Would a fair comparison for Vitali be someone like Kuznetsov?

Obviously Vitali has some weight to add, but similar heights and fro. What I have been reading seems more like a passer than shooter which is what Kuznetsov is as well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Would a fair comparison for Vitali be someone like Kuznetsov?

Obviously Vitali has some weight to add, but similar heights and fro. What I have been reading seems more like a passer than shooter which is what Kuznetsov is as well.

Yeah, the comparison can definitely be made but I am always careful when comparing players who played for the same Russian team. It tends to be a lazy comparison, but Kravtsov definitely has a similar style when he carries the puck

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Any chance he comes over here next year?
I think there is a chance he is over here by the end of this season, after KHL season concludes. Probably in the AHL so he can start getting acclimated to NA ice and then he can get a few games in at the end of the season in NHL allowing his ELC contract to slide.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah, the comparison can definitely be made but I am always careful when comparing players who played for the same Russian team. It tends to be a lazy comparison, but Kravtsov definitely has a similar style when he carries the puck

I think Kutznetsov is also the player Kravtsov has cited as modeling his game after.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think there is a chance he is over here by the end of this season, after KHL season concludes. Probably in the AHL so he can start getting acclimated to NA ice and then he can get a few games in at the end of the season in NHL allowing his ELC contract to slide.

His contract is not slide eligible. He will sign it in his CY20.

The only contracts slide eligible are the ones signed in the calendar year where the player turns 18 or 19.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I'm pretty sure he won't be slide eligible. He turns twenty in December of next year. IIRC, the cutoff for the slide rule is Dec 31st, so if he plays on an ELC in the calendar year, it will count, regardless of if he's in the AHL or NHL.

The only way he could play in the AHL would be on a PTO.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure he won't be slide eligible. He turns twenty in December of next year. IIRC, the cutoff for the slide rule is Dec 31st, so if he plays on an ELC in the calendar year, it will count, regardless of if he's in the AHL or NHL.

The only way he could play in the AHL would be on a PTO.

Not entirely true. Lias can play in the NHL in 2019 and still slide. The cut off is when the contract is signed. A few years ago the Rangers signed Gropp on the last day of the year due to this.

Kravtsov would be in a similar situation as Mittelstadt. A contract signed in the calendar year where the player turns 20, is not slide eligible and will count the moment the player is active for 1 game.

FYI .. This is the play I was talking about earlier. I'll bet you my house that this was intentional. He bounces the puck off the cage to get past 2 opponents.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not entirely true. Lias can play in the NHL in 2019 and still slide. The cut off is when the contract is signed. A few years ago the Rangers signed Gropp on the last day of the year due to this.

Kravtsov would be in a similar situation as Mittelstadt. A contract signed in the calendar year where the player turns 20, is not slide eligible and will count the moment the player is active for 1 game.

Yes. Obviously Kravtsov wouldn't be signed until next calendar year, but an important distinction.

RonaldNeptune

Nov 13, 2017

FYI .. This is the play I was talking about earlier. I'll bet you my house that this was intentional. He bounces the puck off the cage to get past 2 opponents.

100% intentional, super excited for this kid to come over. I think he is our clear cut top prospect, and I might be getting overzealous but I don't think he plays one AHL game. Going right to the show

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Man is it frustrating he's not scoring more despite seemingly playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad