Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He landed on his hip pretty hard. Lets just pray there isn't some sort of hairline fracture (which I sustained playing when i was 14 :( )

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Traktor goalie knocked the net off? Assuming the whistle wasn't immediately blown after Kravstov went down, I imagine the goalie was trying to get a stoppage for him.

At least, I would.
Ahh that makes sense

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
tumblr_m3mj72knZa1rtgsido1_1280.gif
wrong post

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Traktor's last regular season game is against SKA on February 22. I'm not sure if there's a term limit for an ATO, but that's the best route for bringing Kravtsov over to NA this season. There's absolutely no point of burning a year off of his ELC and killing his expansion exemption status for meaningless games in March and April. If he signs his ELC next summer, he should still be eligible for a contract slide (correct me if I'm wrong @Amazing Kreiderman) and it'll give us more flexibility moving forward.

Traktor and Neftekhimik are right behind Kunlun for the 8th seed in their conference, so the playoffs aren't fully out of reach. If they make it, they're looking at a quick sweep to Avtomobilist, who has been one of the best KHL teams this season.

Someone else already answered but basically an ELC signed in the calendar year of a 20th birthday is never slide eligible

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Is it possible to sign him in 2018? Like if he were to buyout his KHL contract, we sign him and loan him to Traktor
To buyout a KHL contract, you have to apply around a year in advance of when you want to actually buyout your contract.

So, we're beyond that point. And I doubt Traktor will just release him from his contract.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Is it possible to sign him in 2018? Like if he were to buyout his KHL contract, we sign him and loan him to Traktor

There's no transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL so that wouldn't be possible, nope. He'd have to buyout his contract there with no help from us in order to come over early.

Question for whomever would know: If Vitaly is planning on immediately coming over when Traktor's season ends, does that mean that he will be buying out a small portion of his contract?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
There's no transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL so that wouldn't be possible, nope. He'd have to buyout his contract there with no help from us in order to come over early.

Question for whomever would know: If Vitaly is planning on immediately coming over when Traktor's season ends, does that mean that he will be buying out a small portion of his contract?
When the season is over, Traktor could just release him from his contract instead of just having it be a lame duck. Contract is until April 30th, and regular season ends on February 22nd. So, if they're out of the playoffs...

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am pretty sure the answer to this is no, but what about Kravstov signing his ELC on 12/31/18 and the NYR immediately loaning him back to Traktor for the remainder of their season?

Not possible because the NHL and KHL don't have a transfer agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->