Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't see the Datsyuk comparison. Datsyuk has a crazy hockey IQ and defensive game, as well as the puck skills. Kravtsov has very good puck skills, but so do many players. They are also different players in their offensive output. Kravtsov is tall and lanky, Datsyuk is less than 6'0 and nearly 200 pounds.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I'm still loving the Hertl comparison. I think they look very similar side to side

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah, I don't see Datsyuk either. Forsberg is the closest in my eyes in terms of style - both like rush with speed and have slick hands in 1 on 1 situations. Neal to me is more of a power forward than I'd expect Kravstov to be.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't see the Datsyuk comparison. Datsyuk has a crazy hockey IQ and defensive game, as well as the puck skills. Kravtsov has very good puck skills, but so do many players. They are also different players in their offensive output. Kravtsov is tall and lanky, Datsyuk is less than 6'0 and nearly 200 pounds.
I agree here. Datsyuk was able to do some things that we'll likely never see again, and he was called the magic man for a reason. He was one of the most fun talents to watch growing up, and the ability to read the play and make such skilled moves at a high pace was incredible.

I like the Neal comparison, but don't know if I see Kravtsov as a prime shooter. I'd argue he's more of a Huberdeau type

Reactions: GodlyRangers

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Neal has twice been .5GPG or better and twice 1PPG or better. Don’t look at the totals, look at the per game. There’s no reason to assume injuries.
Durability has to be account for, and I would like to have more consistency in Kravtsov than we would get with a Neal type of player.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Pettersson
Kravtsov’s shot actually reminds me of Petterssons, the really fast release and the how stiff their shaft looks while shooting. It looks almost as if he’s not flexing it at all which makes me worry a bit about him beating NHL goalies. I don’t know if his shot is all that powerful, especially as a lot of his goals deflect off the goalie and bounce in they aren’t usually clean snipes

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Neal has twice been .5GPG or better and twice 1PPG or better. Don’t look at the totals, look at the per game. There’s no reason to assume injuries.
I see Kravtsov if he reachs top potential to be much more of a facilitator than Neal. James Neal was also more of a 30 goal scorer (which is still great) in normal circumstances. He became a 40 goal guy when playing with a couple of the best centers in hockey history in pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad