Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The question is: who is having the best season between Miller and Kravtsov? The 2018 draft could end up being our version of Montreal's draft in 2007.

Kravtsov. What he's doing as a teenager in 2nd best league in the world is impressive. It's close.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
To borrow from @Amazing Kreiderman ‘s idea, and only because I heard the announcers say Wisconsin has 42 goals for so far this year, Miller has been a part of 40.48% of his team’s goals this season

Edit @10:32 : announcers had the wrong GF#, it’s 51, so Miller’s 17 points account for 33.33%

I see my "contribution percentage" is catching on, nice

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Criteria are right there. D men drafted in the 1st round, in their freshman year ;)

I would have done a better job at this including the contribution percentage :laugh:

"Other defensemen" could mean ALL other defensemen or could mean SOME other defensemen that we picked that are big names and did more poorly than Miller.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Don't think he'll have that nasty streak that Pronger had.
I agree with that, but I mean more in terms of just controlling the game when he’s on the ice

Like if he hits his potential his side of the ice will just be a dead zone for opposing teams. Teams will build their entire game plans around avoiding his side

Reactions: darko

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It’s a nice stat but generally speaking unless you’re Jack Eichel or the like, freshman fowards struggle their first year of NCAA hockey

Very rarely do you see guys come in and light up it almost immediately

Miller is doing good stuff though. Will be interesting to see if it translates to the pros.

Brendan Smith put up a ton of points during his time as Wisconsin and he can’t score a lick in the pros

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It’s a nice stat but generally speaking unless you’re Jack Eichel or the like, freshman fowards struggle their first year of NCAA hockey

Miller is doing good stuff though. Will be interesting to see if it translates to the pros.

Brendan Smith put up a ton of points during his time as Wisconsin and he can’t score a lick in the pros
There are plenty of freshman who put up solid numbers their freshman years, 5 points are not solid numbers (10 points are at this point of the season is).

The Smith comparisons doesn't really make sense, the NCAA was a different ball game back then, Wisconsin had 4 fifty point scorers on the team when Smith did it, also in his 3rd NCAA season. Smith only put up 12 points his freshman year. Also Smith was drafted as an 2way defenseman, it translated to the AHL, but just never to the NHL.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Yeah, it's way too early imo. I'm used to disappointment with prospects and it would not shock me if he's a third as noticeable at the NHL level

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

This isn't true. The top freshmen usually perform pretty well. Brock Boeser, Dylan Larkin, Kyle Conner, Clayton Keller, Tyson Jost, Colin White - these guys didn't have any issue and they are not Jack Eichel. Borgstrom (who isn't even in the show yet) was over a PPG and guys like Tuch, Tkachuk and V. Mittlestadt ,while not a PPG, had solid freshman campaigns where they weren't too far off.

Farabee's production is in line with what some of the mid 1st round picks have put up. The other 2 are way below the curve for where they were selected.

And as others have mentioned, Smith didn't do that until his Junior year on a STACKED team. Miller is his team's leading scorer as a freshman on a team that isn't all that great.

Reactions: Rangers743
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad