Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like Zib. he is a #1C. but a low #1C. ~25-30th in the NHL. Unless he repeats last season+10pts, he doesnt move off of that assessment. Its really hard to win a cup with low-end #1C.
Come again? Low end #1 center? He was tied for 37th in points among ALL forwards. Ahead of people like Backstrom and Matthews. 5 points less than a player like Bergeron. And he went up against all of the opposition's top lines. At 26, he is just hitting his stride. I would love for you to name the 25 centers that you would take over him.

This is the best Rangers center since someone named Gretzky came here. Put him on a team last year with a better supporting cast, and you are looking at a 90 point players. Only the lack of better supporting players is preventing ZBad for being lumped in with the rest of the elites.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Yeah, if the ZBad of last year is the ZBad of the future, we have a 1C.

Adding a lower end 1C or upper end 2C should be enough to make us serious contenders in a couple years. Especially considering the depth of talent we have at every other position.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, if the ZBad of last year is the ZBad of the future, we have a 1C.

Adding a lower end 1C or upper end 2C should be enough to make us serious contenders in a couple years. Especially considering the depth of talent we have at every other position.

Florida's been mentioned around some threads. Assuming they're contenders at the TDL, we will try to deal Kreider to them. But what if they're sellers? A guy like Trocheck would be intriguing. He's mid-contract, 26 years old, and his AAV is a bargain comparatively to what the market will be for a good 2C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Omg, the "Russian Gretzky" era of HFboards was a good time to be alive. So good that I came back out of years of lurker mode just make note of it! :laugh:
Would anyone be willing to explain what that was? I probably joined this site too late, but it sounds interesting.

Unless it’s too lengthy and can get off-topic. Then never mind.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not many teams have a #2 C that puts up 70+ points. People aren't being realistic here. It's also extremely hard to fit that kind of "depth" under the cap

the penguins did it...I would like some shiny silver things like they have too :naughty:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
K’Andre Miller, LHD, USA: The most well-rounded and NHL-ready defenceman at the Summer Showcase, Miller was a beast in all three zones. He was clearly the leader of the US squad and his play was steady, consistent and efficient. Rarely making a mistake, the New York Rangers prospect looks to be a key contributor at the World Juniors at the end of December.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I like Zib. he is a #1C. but a low #1C. ~25-30th in the NHL. Unless he repeats last season+10pts, he doesnt move off of that assessment. Its really hard to win a cup with low-end #1C.

Zibby as our #2C would be ideal. Pairing him with a Lundell/Pefetti/Rossi/Lapierre is a must.
I have grown to so despise that mantra. High end, low end who cares? Last I checked it takes a "team". Players get hot, some play better defense......9 out of 10x the top 2 lines cancel out in PO's. Its the 3rd and 4th lines, or so called "role players" that end up deciding games. One team is usually deeper than the other. Or come up big, as opposed to coming up empty. I guess my point is yes, u need talent but deciphering who is "this much better than" the next 1C doesnt make the difference on who wins a cup. Goaltending surely can though.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I have grown to so despise that mantra. High end, low end who cares? Last I checked it takes a "team". Players get hot, some play better defense......9 out of 10x the top 2 lines cancel out in PO's. Its the 3rd and 4th lines, or so called "role players" that end up deciding games. One team is usually deeper than the other. Or come up big, as opposed to coming up empty. I guess my point is yes, u need talent but deciphering who is "this much better than" the next 1C doesnt make the difference on who wins a cup. Goaltending surely can though.

Also, I see bigger seasons from Ziba than O'Reilly could ever dream of...

O'Reilly just won a cup and the CS....

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad