Post-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Draft: How Did The Sens Do?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Care to explain? Their numbers seem good but not incredible historically as you mentioned.

Edit: Tychonick is the seventh highest scoring U18 defenceman from the BCHL. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up better than JBD.

All-time or just last season?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

LeadingDeterminedHarvestmen-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Hands of Stone

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
What about Carolina though? Or is Zadina conceding that Svechnikov is definitely better than him but he is better thank Tkachuk and Kotkaniemi.

And would he not be trying to fill Ottawa's net if Montreal would have picked him?

R2010

May 23, 2011
Care to explain? Their numbers seem good but not incredible historically as you mentioned.

Edit: Tychonick is the seventh highest scoring U18 defenceman from the BCHL. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up better than JBD.

Further on JBD:
"But there was still a little surprise at just how high Bernard-Docker was drafted, even as the AJHL’s reigning most outstanding defenseman. The Oilers aren’t one of the AJHL predominant talent producers, and the league’s highest scoring under-18 defenseman (20 goals in 49 games, alongside 21 assists) in more than two decades."

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Further on JBD:
"But there was still a little surprise at just how high Bernard-Docker was drafted, even as the AJHL’s reigning most outstanding defenseman. The Oilers aren’t one of the AJHL predominant talent producers, and the league’s highest scoring under-18 defenseman (20 goals in 49 games, alongside 21 assists) in more than two decades."

Doesn't Makar have him beat from last year?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So next year, as it stands now, we give Colorado our 1st and 3rd. We add Pittsburgh's 3rd and Calgary's 7th. Another challenging draft, even if we do add so additional picks by dealing players this season, which I suspect we will.

Do NOT want Dorion to deal any more picks or exchange positions moving forward.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He'll have an extremely tough time getting to the net when Tkachuks boisterous character is in the way
you think tkatchuk didnt hear that quote though? or white? ill be surprised if zadina even finishes that game.. these college frat boys have a ruthless mentality on the ice. everything is trash talk and cheap shots. and theyre thick as thieves. just look when even dzingel gets going its pandemonium. hes goes absolutely crazy on people.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Obviously I don't have a sweet clue how we drafted, but based on the clips, readings, etc. I really like the first 4 picks. Speaking of those 4 picks: They are skilled, they are strong skaters and they have a history of some production. They all seem to have good character and it's really cool to hear they have great hockey sense. All 4 seem to be good playmakers, which I think is absolutely critical in today's game. I think all 4 have potential to succeed in the modern NHL game.

I was on record as wanting Zadina and Miller, and both were available, but that's not to say Tkachuk, JBD and Tychonick won't be a better group.

To me it looked like PD actually had a vision of his team and made picks accordingly. He wants a mobile, puck moving D corps with strong skating two way forwards. He wants to play fast and aggressive. I think these picks fit his vision. He negotiated an excellent trade as well. I think he had himself (and Mann) a very nice draft.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
you think tkatchuk didnt hear that quote though? or white? ill be surprised if zadina even finishes that game.. these college frat boys have a ruthless mentality on the ice. everything is trash talk and cheap shots. and theyre thick as thieves. just look when even dzingel gets going its pandemonium. hes goes absolutely crazy on people.
I know he heard that quote. My post was sarcastic..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad