NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't put much stock into this game if I'm the Warriors. I don't expect P.J. Tucker to go off for 22 once again in this series. Curry will also be a lot better at home.

The Warriors cannot forget who they are, though. KD is phenomenal, but he cannot try to go ISO ball and take over games on his own. The team is far too talented offensively to start playing ISO ball.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I don't put much stock into this game if I'm the Warriors. I don't expect P.J. Tucker to go off for 22 once again in this series. Curry will also be a lot better at home.

The Warriors cannot forget who they are, though. KD is phenomenal, but he cannot try to go ISO ball and take over games on his own. The team is far too talented offensively to start playing ISO ball.

To the Rockets credit, they moved much faster and got much better open looks, and cashed in. Played a lot better defense too, and the role players stepped up, when Harden didn't have the best game.

Was nice to see the Warriors racing around always a step behind for a change, and getting frustrated. Although for a team loaded to the gills with talent, they sure act like a bunch of b*tches when things don't go their way.

My Rockets in five prediction is still in force! lol. At least they've made sure GS will have to come back at least once to enjoy our lovely spring 97 degree weather and high humidity.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
a bit worried for GS

durant's been the only bright spot. curry's not 100% and thompson maybe showing signs of being burnt out? 3 straight finals runs and another deep playoff run this year

not to mention their role guys like iggy and livingston haven't been playing well either

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not even worried in the slightest. They came into Houston and won decisively in game 1. This was never going to be a 4-game sweep. Houston is too good for that to happen.

I don't buy into Curry still being hurt. He's had some great moments in the playoffs since coming back from knee injury. Just because he is struggling right now doesn't mean he's playing hurt.

I think GS will take games 3 and 4 if they get back to team oriented basketball and less ISO. The Rockets hit them with a haymaker in game 2, I don't expect to see that same punch from them in game 3.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Not even worried in the slightest. They came into Houston and won decisively in game 1. This was never going to be a 4-game sweep. Houston is too good for that to happen.

I don't buy into Curry still being hurt. He's had some great moments in the playoffs since coming back from knee injury. Just because he is struggling right now doesn't mean he's playing hurt.

I think GS will take games 3 and 4 if they get back to team oriented basketball and less ISO. The Rockets hit them with a haymaker in game 2, I don't expect to see that same punch from them in game 3.

Right off I'll disagree with you. Won decisively? Yeah they pulled away some down the stretch but that was a 4-point game with 4 minutes left. Tied at halftime. It's not like they came in and dominated from the tip. Now last night Houston was up 14 in the second and never let them back in it. That was a decisive win. Listening to some of these goofballs on the radio today you'd think GS won the first game by 30 and Houston squeaked out a last second win last night. All because people are suddenly backpedaling away from the "GS in three" idiocy.

I agree with you about Curry though. Every time he's bad the last 2-3 years people say it's his health, which is getting a bit bogus. He was lousy and Houston was in his face all night.

Now can they win on the road? We'll see, but if they win one suddenly this thing is real interesting, if it isn't already. Jeff Van Gundy was on ESPN a bit ago, and his opinion I do respect cause he's right a lot, and he said GS is still the favorite of course but he still doesn't know who can win the series. He said GS is so top heavy with excellent centers, their perimeter shooting isn't always that deep and that plays into Houston's defense.

I mean yeah I'm well aware GS is still the favorite, but hell Harden had a bad game and Houston still blew them out. Like I've said many times hopefully the Rockets can at least win another game or two and make these guys sweat. They (GS) sure looked pissy last night.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
To the Rockets credit, they moved much faster and got much better open looks, and cashed in. Played a lot better defense too, and the role players stepped up, when Harden didn't have the best game.

Was nice to see the Warriors racing around always a step behind for a change, and getting frustrated. Although for a team loaded to the gills with talent, they sure act like a bunch of b*tches when things don't go their way.:thumbu:

My Rockets in five prediction is still in force! lol. At least they've made sure GS will have to come back at least once to enjoy our lovely spring 97 degree weather and high humidity.:thumbd:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I agree, nice to have a game every night throughout a playoff series. Same as what is happening with the NHL conference finals.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Award Picks

MVP
1. Harden (last two times he was a finalist he got screwed by historic years by Curry & Russ, this is his year)
2. Davis
3. LBJ

COY
Casey

ROY
Mitchell

6th Man
Lou Will

Most Improved
Oladipo

DPOY
Gobert

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Gotta chuckle at the Cleveland crowd - their team is up 20 and they are still not as half as loud as the Boston crowd. Then again this is what happens when you cheer for a formerly great team in decline.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Cavs May be long in the tooth (oldest team in the league, most of their key contributors are in their 30s), but they still have bite.

Cleveland may be on the decline, but teams on the decline will wring out whatever they have left of their championship window.

Cavs trying to squeeze out one last Finals run (I can’t see this team as currently constructed bringing back the band next season)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
100p Lebron over Harden. Other than the unanimous Curry year, Lebron should be winning MVP every year. Every team with Lebron on it becomes an instant contender

Reactions: dim jim

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Big win for the Cavs last night, much needed win for them. I still think Boston wins the series but the Cavs aren't going away easily.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
As much as I want to see a different team there, I'm rooting for the Warriors. D'Antoni is just not a good coach in my opinion. He has never been able to succeed with the teams he has been given. I might just be sour as a Suns fan, but I just don't believe he is that good of a coach. Anyone could have been successful with the group in Phoenix he was given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad