NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lue has played Jeff Green 25 mins so far tonight. He has 5 points, 5 turnovers, and is a team worst -18.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great second half for the Celtics. The Cavs got a huge game from LeBron and still got smoked.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I said LeBron looked gassed at the end of the 1st intermission and I liked Boston's chances even when they were down in the first half. Not surprised to see them win going away in this one.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
webp-net-resizeimage-21.jpg

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Worst news of the playoffs so far.....

Klay Thompson Contract Rumors: Warriors Discussing Long-Term Deal with SG

Potentially taking a massive discount to keep the team no one can/will beat together and also saving the billionaire owners a bunch in luxury tax money. The hope was Klay and/or Draymond leaving or LeBron building another super team to compete with the Warriors and I'm losing that hope now. The Celtics have really impressed and might be ready sooner than we thought so maybe they can do something.
I mean it wasn't too long ago that Miami signed the #1, top 5 and a top 10-15 player in one offseason. Not to mention an abundance of quality vets taking paycuts to win championships.

I dont understand the people that were okay with that and are now suddenly against Klay taking a discount.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Are we sure this Cavs team is better than what Boston already saw in these playoffs?

I think the Sixers and Bucks are both better rosters man for man than Cleveland.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I mean it wasn't too long ago that Miami signed the #1, top 5 and a top 10-15 player in one offseason. Not to mention an abundance of quality vets taking paycuts to win championships.

I dont understand the people that were okay with that and are now suddenly against Klay taking a discount.

I'm not against Klay doing anything. If he wants to stay there on a discount then more power to him. I'd just prefer not to see it happen, especially when it's to save billionaires money.

As for the Heat, they had no depth and were challenged every single year. In 2011 they lost in the finals to the Mavs. In 2012 the Pacers took them to 6 games, the Celtics took them to 7 games, and then they won the championship. In 2013 the Pacers took them to 7 games and then they beat the Spurs in 7 to win the championship after Ray Allen's miracle shot in game 6. In 2014 the Pacers took them to 6 games and then they got destroyed by the Spurs in the finals.

The Warriors have yet to be challenged by anyone since adding Durant to the team.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If I was Klay I'd take a paycut to stay with GSW. He has a chance to win couple more rings at least if the gang stays together.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This is where I get pissed off. Ever since GSW became the undisputed best team, people forget that Miami was the same way when Bron was there. In this day and age, people are so obsessed with rings and winning championships that the only way to win one is with a super team. Back in the 80s and 90s you weren't seen as any less of a player if you failed to win the big one (Barkley, Malone, Ewing etc).

While Boston formed the first big 3 of this era, LeBron was the one who jump started this era. He was the one who put the idea together for stars to force their way via trade or free agency to teams with one or two stars and try to attract other guys there too. People can crap on KD for leaving the Thunder but hes certainly driving the bus in Oakland.

I'm not against Klay doing anything. If he wants to stay there on a discount then more power to him. I'd just prefer not to see it happen, especially when it's to save billionaires money.

The Warriors have yet to be challenged by anyone since adding Durant to the team.

To be fair, he joined them 22 months ago, so we've only had one full season + playoffs with him on the team. Before he got there they went 16-5 and then 16-9 in the playoffs so they were already close to unbeatable.

I really thought Klay would leave when his contract was up. He already has two championships, possibly will have another 2 by next summer - why not leave and get a bigger role elsewhere, get a enormous amount of money and have a better chance at some individual hardware. Nobody would fault him for leaving.

This best describes GS

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This is where I get pissed off. Ever since GSW became the undisputed best team, people forget that Miami was the same way when Bron was there. In this day and age, people are so obsessed with rings and winning championships that the only way to win one is with a super team. Back in the 80s and 90s you weren't seen as any less of a player if you failed to win the big one (Barkley, Malone, Ewing etc).

While Boston formed the first big 3 of this era, LeBron was the one who jump started this era. He was the one who put the idea together for stars to force their way via trade or free agency to teams with one or two stars and try to attract other guys there too. People can crap on KD for leaving the Thunder but hes certainly driving the bus in Oakland.

To be fair, he joined them 22 months ago, so we've only had one full season + playoffs with him on the team. Before he got there they went 16-5 and then 16-9 in the playoffs so they were already close to unbeatable.

I really thought Klay would leave when his contract was up. He already has two championships, possibly will have another 2 by next summer - why not leave and get a bigger role elsewhere, get a enormous amount of money and have a better chance at some individual hardware. Nobody would fault him for leaving.

This best describes GS

He's already in the perfect role with GS. If he goes somewhere else he'll play the same role but on a worse team. He's not a Kyrie Irving type, he's the best catch and shoot guy in the league. The Warriors are perfect for him (and vice-versa).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's already in the perfect role with GS. If he goes somewhere else he'll play the same role but on a worse team. He's not a Kyrie Irving type, he's the best catch and shoot guy in the league. The Warriors are perfect for him (and vice-versa).

He is capable of being "the guy" on a team.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
He is capable of being "the guy" on a team.

I don't know. "The guy" (assuming a guard) usually plays with the ball in his hands. That's not Klay's game, he's not a primary ball-handler. He could probably do it, but he wouldn't be as good as a lead guard as he is as an off-ball 2 guard. And he wouldn't win as many championships, and some people care more about winning than being "the guy".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->