NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Let's just say no one really is looking for reasons to sympathize with the Warriors, and for good reason. Its really hard to make excuses for a 73-9 team that added a top 2 player. I just straight up dont feel bad that Iguodala was out lol. He's their fifth most important player. It just can't be compared to CP3, the Rockets 1st/2nd best player (depending on how Harden is playing) being injured.

Pretty much said it for me lol. I was listening to Cowherd the other day too and he had the Warriors radio man on, and Cowherd was basically like look, you guys were up against the wall until Paul went down. Then the guy starts blathering on about Iguodala being out and Cowherd stopped him in his tracks, was like look nothing against him, but on that GS team he's the fifth best player. And if his loss was such an impact, how come the last game he played (Game 2) the Warriors lost by 25 and he had a grand total of five points?

Enough already making excuses for the f-ing Warriors. The allegedly superhuman Warriors that were supposed to dispatch Houston in four or five. Pfffffffffff.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Who is asking for sympathy? And when did I say losing Iguodala was just as bad as losing CP3? You guys are playing the strawman strong here...

I'm just seeing posts saying "Warriors would've lost if CP3 was playing". Well I'm saying, it might not even have gone to Game 6 or 7 if Iguodala was playing. In Game 4, the bench choked away a 10 point lead coming out of the 4th and the Warriors lost by 3. The bench with Iguodala holds that lead 9 games out of 10.

Just because CP3 is more valuable player doesn't mean Iguodala is a scrub.
The point is that no one cares to hear it lol. It's just an excuse. A team with four all Stars should be getting the job done instead of looking at their 5th best player being out as a reason they couldn't close it out sooner.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This is a bit late, but I can't remember a player as good as Harden who I dislike watching play so much. He's very good, but I just can't get beyond the constant foul seeking. It ruins my enjoyment of his game.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is a bit late, but I can't remember a player as good as Harden who I dislike watching play so much. He's very good, but I just can't get beyond the constant foul seeking. It ruins my enjoyment of his game.

Why wouldn't you try and draw fouls?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Does he flop? Sure. Throw his head back? Sure.

Majority of those fouls are legit.
When you are driving to the basket and then fully extend both arms holding the ball, then raise them up into the defender and throw the ball into the sky, I have a hard time calling that a legitimate shot attempt.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
When you are driving to the basket and then fully extend both arms holding the ball, then raise them up into the defender and throw the ball into the sky, I have a hard time calling that a legitimate shot attempt.

Right lol

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The coach that played them to 65 wins and a game 7 against the Warriors is a moron? Gotcha

The same coach who thought it was a good idea to chuck up 3 after 3 in a game 7 after running his starters into the ground? All while Harden can attack the rim at will and Capella was having a strong game?

Yeah...that guy

This series also finished as the third most lopsided 7-game series in NBA history. But hey...moral victories

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The same coach who thought it was a good idea to chuck up 3 after 3 in a game 7 after running his starters into the ground? All while Harden can attack the rim at will and Capella was having a strong game?

Yeah...that guy

This series also finished as the third most lopsided 7-game series in NBA history. But hey...moral victories
It was a 7 game series regardless, that they were leading until their 2nd best player got injured. Their backup plan to chucking 3's is having CP3 slow it down and pick through the defense. You're shitting on a gameplan that got them 1 half away from the finals, which is just dumb.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
And two weeks from now, no one will care that they were one half away from the finals. Houston was also one half away from the finals in game 6 and managed to blow that as well.

After missing your 20th straight three, perhaps it's time to change it up?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Yeah...that guy

your team was losing until houston’s elite point guard went down, it’s pretty par for the course for the warriors.

we still hear excuses about how curry is “hurt” when he isn’t playing well yet when others teams stars aren’t playing warriors fans brush it off.

hilarious stuff

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
And two weeks from now, no one will care that they were one half away from the finals. Houston was also one half away from the finals in game 6 and managed to blow that as well.

After missing your 20th straight three, perhaps it's time to change it up?
It's just a team playing within their system and not changing it. I imagine most, if not all teams do it even when it's not working. It's just easier to spot Houston's system not working compared to say a team thats running more pnr and off ball stuff.

Also pretty easier said than done to just abandon your gameplan over halfway through a game. Again, a gameplan that got you 65 wins and a hair away from the finals.

You're being dramatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad