OT: 2018 MLB Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol this is really how Price is going to end his postseason curse, by beating Verlander on short rest less than 24 hours after warming in the pen? And the Red Sox winning three in a row in Houston, wow talk about a potential smack in the face ending to your season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
MLB front offices are covered in bodily fluids right now. A Dodgers and Red Sox WS is their dream.

I guess but with the way it's going it'll probably be a 5-game series...it's not been a good postseason for baseball till now. Their one good series was overshadowed by all the Machado nonsense throughout, and the competitive Wild Card game, like many other postseason games went past 1:30 AM on the East Coast.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
well boston is gonna win the world series.

looks like another intolerable winter of every red sox fan from north jersey who hopped on in the mid 2000s inexorably forcing shit talk about the yankees into their daily lives.

this is fine, i'm fine.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
well boston is gonna win the world series.

looks like another intolerable winter of every red sox fan from north jersey who hopped on in the mid 2000s inexorably forcing **** talk about the yankees into their daily lives.

this is fine, i'm fine.

People from Boston are insufferable, but better them than LA

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Apparently the Mets are gonna hire Brodie Van Waganen as their next GM, who happens to be the AGENT for key clients such as deGrom and Cespedes. Shark successfully jumped.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Apparently the Mets are gonna hire Brodie Van Waganen as their next GM, who happens to be the AGENT for key clients such as deGrom and Cespedes. Shark successfully jumped.
How does MLB not step in and say 'this is a conflict of interest'. Even though he has to give up everything this shouldn't be allowed. I can't stand the Wilpons and they are the detriment of this organization. Jeff might as well hire himself as GM since he's the acting GM anyway. This is just him hiring his friends who will obey his orders.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How does MLB not step in and say 'this is a conflict of interest'. Even though he has to give up everything this shouldn't be allowed. I can't stand the Wilpons and they are the detriment of this organization. Jeff might as well hire himself as GM since he's the acting GM anyway. This is just him hiring his friends who will obey his orders.

Scott Boras made that point recently too, granted he has his OWN conflict of interest saying that but still he's not wrong. Unless deGrom and the other CAA clients wind up changing agencies right off it's absolutely a conflict to have the agent negotiating with one of the guys he used to be the boss of.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
See if I can get through 5 innings tonight. I can not watch games that Buck and Smutz do they are pathetic.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This game...

I want to sleep. How about the wrecking ball that is Nunez tonight? Lol

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This Japanese guy isnt pitching for ****, but he sure has ballz to go to 3rd with 0 outs in the 15th inning. Brass.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
dont worry this is a Snor'easter.... youll be fine
Yeah no, I live on the beach in Belmar and its gusting 45 right now and its pouring, we are going to get two inches of rain. Its a strong Nor’easter and its going to be disgusting to drive tomorrow morning.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah no, I live on the beach in Belmar and its gusting 45 and going to get two inches of rain. Its a strong Nor’easter and its going to be disgusting to drive through tomorrow morning.

haha, im sure youve been through worse.

drive wont be bad....

in 2010 i drove through a real nor'easter in march from seaside. thought my car was gonna fly off the road. this is nuthin. just make sure ur wipers work

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It feels weird to be watching any live sporting event in North America at 3:10 AM.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can you imagine if this game had happened in Boston? They'd be playing at 6:10 AM right now, since the game starts at 8:00 PM Eastern time, no matter where it's being played.

I wish this game was being played in Boston right now. Can you imagine the sun coming up while this game was still being played? It obviously would have been dark when it started (it wasn't in LA because it was 5:00 PM), but that would be crazy.

They already said in the 15th inning (I think it was) that this was the longest MLB postseason game ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad