OT: 2018 MLB Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wow what a play by Pearce to end it. Kimbrel did everything possible to blow it without actually blowing it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So, how many Yankee fans with nothing to do now on Thursday will trek on over to Newark?

Hah well at least it's one less reason for people to stay away though to be fair if that was the Mets I wouldn't even WANT to think about going to a Devils game two days later.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The loss was unbelievably bitter but the Yankees had a great year. You can't do much if the Sox just happen to have a historic year. Yankees won 100 games but Boston was the better team. That doesn't happen very often. Almost never

The Yankees are very close here. Knocking on the door. Use Boston celebrating on your field as the impetus to knock them off their perch next year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Staten is going to get demolished on talk radio this week

OBJ just breathed a sigh of relief all the heat's off him now, until his next stupid act anyway.

And where the heck was Andujar in the last two innings, he couldn't get an AB after the season he had?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Staten is going to get demolished on talk radio this week

Just acquiring him seemed to be overkill. But it's not like he didn't produce. First year playing in New York after literally playing for hundreds of people and never playing a single meaningful game, that's a big big change. Next year he can very easily go back to 2017 Stanton

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Hah well at least it's one less reason for people to stay away though to be fair if that was the Mets I wouldn't even WANT to think about going to a Devils game two days later.
:laugh:

I actually did that in 2015. Got last minute tickets to game 5 and already had tickets for the Devils first regular season game at Barclays 2 days later which they lost as well.

It wasn't the best 3 days of my life.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just acquiring him seemed to be overkill. But it's not like he didn't produce. First year playing in New York after literally playing for hundreds of people and never playing a single meaningful game, that's a big big change. Next year he can very easily go back to 2017 Stanton

Those season numbers mean nothing in New York. Game on the line and he was the only one fishing for sliders.

Honestly I think the game is still going on if Andujar pitch hit for him.

4-26 with RISP this series. That is awful on top of getting only one quality start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
:laugh:

I actually did that in 2015. Got last minute tickets to game 5 and already had tickets for the Devils first regular season game at Barclays 2 days later which they lost as well.

It wasn't the best 3 days of my life.

Hah...looking back my next Devils home game after the Mets lost in 2015 was a week later, so not too bad. Devils didn't have their home opener till like two weeks after the Wild Card game in 2016. Don't remember when my next home game was after the 2006 NLCS but it was at least a week later looking at the schedule.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That Sanchez AB wasnt great either with those gimmie hero swings to fall into a hole early.

He did get a run in and almost won the game, but still.

Not the biggest Boone fan this season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It just occured to me how bad a week this was for the Giant/Yankee fans...well as a Jet/Met fan I'm well-acquianted with double-barreled pain.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
YES crew coming for Boone’s head.
Can’t blame them. Girardi wasn’t an inspiring manager, but he knew how to manage a bullpen. There was no reason to fire him. None.
It just occured to me how bad a week this was for the Giant/Yankee fans...well as a Jet/Met fan I'm well-acquianted with double-barreled pain.
I don’t care about the NFL nearly as much, so I don’t bother paying too much attention to the Giants. But what’s worse than that is that for what seems like the 1000th year in a row, Boston is at the top of the sports world, and the Patriots will beat the Chiefs this Sunday to drive that point home. I’m so f***ing sick of their fans. They’re not as prone to violence as Philly fans, but they’re more racist, so it evens out.

Maybe we shouldn’t listen to the UN and actively hope for irreversible climate disaster in 12 years. At least that puts a timeline to the end of their sports reign of terror.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Well talk about not pulling any punches

Pretty Ricky with a different view

Hell of a match up and hell of a team.

Looking forward to a renewed rivalry next season :)

Hope to see some of you on the Sox train (not likely I’m sure)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do teams always take a team picture out on the field after winning a division series playoff round? Seriously? Has it really been that long since I followed baseball that closely? I can't remember that actually being a thing. Only after winning the ALCS/NLCS and world series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->