OT: 2018 MLB Thread

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
not sure what to expect from the Mets. Like, in what way will they disappoint this year.

I think the Yankees will be solid but still shocked they did Joe G. like that.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hopefully get to a game while I'm in town in that first week of April. Looking at the Wednesday game against the Rays, on the 4th.

Beware, you can freeze your ass off watching a baseball game in April if you're not careful. It's very early in the spring, and the temps drop quickly when the sun goes down, so that nice comfy 70 degree day turns into a 54 degree evening in a heartbeat. It's not a big deal, just bring something warm. You'll be glad you did.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Beware, you can freeze your ass off watching a baseball game in April if you're not careful. It's very early in the spring, and the temps drop quickly when the sun goes down, so that nice comfy 70 degree day turns into a 54 degree evening in a heartbeat. It's not a big deal, just bring something warm. You'll be glad you did.

Yeah I learned that lesson the hard way a few years back when I went to a Mets game in late April and it was a gorgeous day for the most part so I wore short sleeves and shorts. Big mistake since I was freezing like crazy from pregame on. Thankfully I did have a club access pass so I could duck in there when I needed to. Not sure what the Yankee policy on clubs is or how many people have access but I'd say the majority of Met ticket holders have access to at least the small Promenade club upstairs.

Reactions: OmNomNom

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Idk the Mets look pretty solid on paper, should compete for a wild card spot as long as they don't have catastrophic injuries again

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Haha yeah. I experienced that first hand on opening day in 2016.
Thankfully I had bought a ticket which included access to the Jim Beam club.

The wind was howling on the 300 level and even with all my layers I froze. Survived that, then went the night after and wasn't so bad.

So yeah. This year I'll definitely be prepared lol.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i'll be at the stadium before april ends. can't wait.

this lineup has 300 home runs written all over it and the pitching staff has the potential be underrated. not making guarantees but tanaka, severino, gray, and sabathia is f***ing nasty on paper.

Last edited:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Idk the Mets look pretty solid on paper, should compete for a wild card spot as long as they don't have catastrophic injuries again

The injuries the Mets incurred last season were tough for them to overcome and like you said, on paper they should be competitive.

i'll be at the stadium before april ends. can't wait.

this lineup has 300 home runs written all over it and the pitching staff has the potential be underrated. not making guarantees but tanaka, severino, gray, and sabathia is ****ing nasty on paper.

While things look strong for the Yankees, there are still some question marks you have to keep at the back of your head. The rotation particularly. Severino has had one good full season, Tanaka hit a big down swing last season, CC had a solid season for the first time in several years, Montgomery was just a rookie and was very reliable, but that was just one season and a small sample size, and what will we get from Gray in a full season? The potential is there if everything works out right, but it's tough to ignore that there are some potentially iffy areas.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
back luck can't strike twice.... right...?
Technically it did already as 2016 was really tough with injuries as well. They were under .500 in early August but then got Cespedes back and went on a late season run to clinch a wild card berth. Lugo and Gsellman probably saved that season by pitching well filling in for the injured starters. They're definitely due for some good fortune.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
While things look strong for the Yankees, there are still some question marks you have to keep at the back of your head. The rotation particularly. Severino has had one good full season, Tanaka hit a big down swing last season, CC had a solid season for the first time in several years, Montgomery was just a rookie and was very reliable, but that was just one season and a small sample size, and what will we get from Gray in a full season? The potential is there if everything works out right, but it's tough to ignore that there are some potentially iffy areas.

what restored my confidence in tanaka was his performance in the playoffs. no denying that he's already shown he thrives on the big stage.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
what restored my confidence in tanaka was his performance in the playoffs. no denying that he's already shown he thrives on the big stage.

I like to think that he'll be back to form as well and for sure his pitching in the playoffs was strong/back to himself. He said recently that his pitching struggles were more mental than they were physical and that he was in a bad frame of mind, but he did come back stronger later in the season so I like to think he'll be back consistently strong too, but that bad stretch last season still does stick out somewhat.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
already securing tickets to games in june/july via the mastercard presale :laugh:

my buddy from my hometown who's been living in florida since 2013 is visiting home for the first time since, so obviously we're gonna be in the bleachers for yanks/sox getting drunk/ignorant as f***. confident the game will be weather-protected due to all three games in the friday-sunday three-game set being night games.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
already securing tickets to games in june/july via the mastercard presale :laugh:

my buddy from my hometown who's been living in florida since 2013 is visiting home for the first time since, so obviously we're gonna be in the bleachers for yanks/sox getting drunk/ignorant as ****. confident the game will be weather-protected due to all three games in the friday-sunday three-game set being night games.
How would you say that MasterCard sale is? I get them all the time just have yet to pull the trigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->