OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
ABA, Dr j, and 2002 count as well.

And if it's all time than the isles are unfortunately neck and neck with the devils.

I get they won 4 straight cups but the Islanders have been practically a non factor playoff team since.

The Devils in comparison, outside of the beginning years and the rebuild, have been historically speaking, playoff threats and cup contenders.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I get they won 4 straight cups but the Islanders have been practically a non factor playoff team since.

The Devils in comparison, outside of the beginning years and the rebuild, have been historically speaking, playoff threats and cup contenders.
Fair. I still say the jets are easily at the bottom of this list with the mets being hot on their heels if for no other reason than it's a no cap league.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Am I the only Yankee fan content to make a run at it with the roster pretty much set?

Don't feel the need to give up andujar for Machado, especially if he won't play 3b long term, and honestly I'd rather let Andujar grow and ride him at 3B for the next 12 years.

Pitching? not down with giving up sheffield and overpaying for a degrom or another ace (not many available anyway)

If you want to make a minor upgrade, here's where i'd do it, maybe trade for Britton or send Romine to the Mets for Wheeler+?

go for it this year and then go after Harper and Kershaw in free agency.

Judge/Stanton/Harper/Hicks is your outfield.

and then you've got Severino and Kershaw as your 1/2

leave the infield as is.

Thought?

Reactions: New Jersey

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Am I the only Yankee fan content to make a run at it with the roster pretty much set?

Don't feel the need to give up andujar for Machado, especially if he won't play 3b long term, and honestly I'd rather let Andujar grow and ride him at 3B for the next 12 years.

Pitching? not down with giving up sheffield and overpaying for a degrom or another ace (not many available anyway)

If you want to make a minor upgrade, here's where i'd do it, maybe trade for Britton or send Romine to the Mets for Wheeler+?

leave the infield as is.

Thought?

I wouldn’t give up anything of note for Machado considering he is a FA and the Yankees strength is their hitting.

I believe we need 2 SPs to compete with the top teams in the league in the playoffs. Teams throwing out the Sales and Kershaws of the world every 3 days and we can’t compete their in a 7 game series. Still with seeing that the Yanks have been lining them self up for FA this coming offseason I would rather them hold off on acquiring a SP and what that would cost.

Definitely wouldn’t give up any current roster player in any trade and especially for the much talked about DeGrom who is almost 30.

I think I’m with you. Just ride the team this year and see if one or two of our SPs gets hot and then use FA to build that crazy 1-2 punch in the rotation. Plus, can you imagine if we hold onto our good prosoects this year and get a few big fish in FA, then next trade deadline use some prospects to get another big pitcher.

Reactions: Scorcho

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

leave the infield as is.

Thought?

Nope. I am content. Yeah another ace would be fantastic, but we don’t need all stars literally at every position and I absolutely don’t like the idea of paying insane prices for pitchers that break so easily.

Reactions: Scorcho

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
If you really want to go for a trade, wait till the offseason and go after Sherzer or Strasberg

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I would like a number 3 I can trust in the post season though.

Sevs is a stud, and I honestly do trust that Tanaka can get it done. After that...

CC this year.

aim for next years rotation to start with

Severino/Sherzer/Kershaw

maybe shero has rubbed off on me, but i think patience is key here

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
CC this year.

aim for next years rotation to start with

Severino/Sherzer/Kershaw

maybe shero has rubbed off on me, but i think patience is key here

If that was our starting 3 with the bullpen and bats we have/ that are coming up, I don’t think it’s an understatement to say that anything less than a dynasty would be a disappointment. And I know saying that sounds crazy but I stand by it.

Round it out with Gray/Tanaka/German/Losaiga

Gray has worn thin on me since the beginning but maybe in a less pressure spot. Losaiga has been great for someone I didn’t know much about. Curious to see if Sheffield pans out.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The scene of Josh Hader's apology just after racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic tweets surfaced

not sure if this counts as MLB or OT, but sometimes i get really exhausted with "journalism" and americans in general. i hate social media and the fact that people have to kowtow and """apologize""" for stupid actions in the past

“It was something that happened when I was 17 years old. As a child, I was immature. I obviously said some things that were inexcusable. That doesn’t reflect on who I am as a person today. And that’s just what it is.”

Everyone does stupid things when they're young, they don't understand the consequences. People act like they never did anything bad or stupid in their lives... He apologized and hasn't done it since, just forget about it

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
“It was something that happened when I was 17 years old. As a child, I was immature. I obviously said some things that were inexcusable. That doesn’t reflect on who I am as a person today. And that’s just what it is.”

Everyone does stupid things when they're young, they don't understand the consequences. People act like they never did anything bad or stupid in their lives... He apologized and hasn't done it since, just forget about it
exactly! i just hate that people go out of their way to bring it up, and then it escalates, almost as if those people found something huge and shocking. i don't think people during the 90's were like this. so many things wrong w society...

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
exactly! i just hate that people go out of their way to bring it up, and then it escalates, almost as if those people found something huge and shocking. i don't think people during the 90's were like this. so many things wrong w society...

This is why I deleted my Twitter back when I was applying to colleges and I am contemplating deleting facebook too. People have nothing better to do than search 5+ years back to when you were a stupid teenager and get some sort of high from finding a racist tweet or whatever. So stupid.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
This is why I deleted my Twitter back when I was applying to colleges and I am contemplating deleting facebook too. People have nothing better to do than search 5+ years back to when you were a stupid teenager and get some sort of high from finding a racist tweet or whatever. So stupid.

the twitter i have now is not the same one i had from 2010-2016

(context: i graduated high school in 2012 :laugh:)

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
the twitter i have now is not the same one i had from 2010-2016

(context: i graduated high school in 2012 :laugh:)

lol class of 2012 here too! I never liked the design of Twitter so I never really used it. I also don't really care about what people are doing every second of their lives.

It's just a shame people really go out of their way to try and ruin other peoples lives. Hader is going to get crap for this for the rest of his life. It's also a shame a lot of people cannot forgive and forget.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
lol class of 2012 here too! I never liked the design of Twitter so I never really used it. I also don't really care about what people are doing every second of their lives.

It's just a shame people really go out of their way to try and ruin other peoples lives. Hader is going to get crap for this for the rest of his life. It's also a shame a lot of people cannot forgive and forget.

i agree, but at the same time he should have had the presence of mind to purge anything like that when he got drafted.

me, i'm only on twitter for sports and memes.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yanks definitely have some kinks to work out right now. Certain guys are just not making smart decisions. That 9th inning last night was rough to watch unfold, don't know why you'd think about potentially taking the bat out of Stanton's hands but that bunt ultimately did it.

I'm not one of those fans who thinks you give up on guys so quickly, and we all know that he's clearly better than this, but man Sanchez needs to do some soul searching after last night.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm a Mets fan so if you need me I will be over in the corner crying uncontrollably in total pain and misery while cutting myself listening to Dashboard.

Just ignore major league baseball. It's a lot easier that way.

I've watched a total of 2 innings this year and that was the rubber game of the subway series this weekend. I watched the Mets embarrass themselves again.

I won't watch them until significantly until the Wilpons sell the team

Reactions: sabremike

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So apparently Sanchez was actually hurt enough to go on the DL reaggravating his prior injury...that's something that's supposed to happen to the Mets :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad