OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Watch Happ and Lynn really solidify the back of the rotation

It wouldn't really surprise me. It's the type of veteran savvy pitchers that you want at the backend of the rotation in my view.

It could really stabilize things, but the bats have to heat up again. It feels like they've struggled most of the year in beating bad teams, so last night is a step in the right direction.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Yankees best starters right now are Happ and Lynn.

This season is over for Yankees if Tanaka and Severino can't stop being complete waste of money.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yankees best starters right now are Happ and Lynn.

This season is over for Yankees if Tanaka and Severino can't stop being complete waste of money.

To be fair, Severino makes $600k :laugh:. I hear you, though.

Just keep telling yourself "The Yankees have the 2nd best record in baseball". Because they do. And that's without Judge and Sanchez currently, even if Sanchez is having a down year.

It's frustrating because the Red Sox are playing f***ing insane this year. But, in reality, this team should be able to win a 1 game playoff. At this rate, I think I'd pitch Happ in that game honestly.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Just keep telling yourself "The Yankees have the 2nd best record in baseball". Because they do. And that's without Judge and Sanchez currently, even if Sanchez is having a down year.

It's frustrating because the Red Sox are playing ****ing insane this year. But, in reality, this team should be able to win a 1 game playoff. At this rate, I think I'd pitch Happ in that game honestly.
I mean I do understand that they can't do anything about Sawx and their record would have been good enough any other year.

But man, bad pitching will not win you anything in October.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Tanaka has been good this year.

He hits a rough patch and suddenly he's a waste of money.

By the same token this lineup should be scoring more than five runs on any given night.

Never change, Yankees Universe.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

It's frustrating because the Red Sox are playing ****ing insane this year. But, in reality, this team should be able to win a 1 game playoff. At this rate, I think I'd pitch Happ in that game honestly.

They should be able to but they aren’t set up that way so I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2nd best team in the league drops out early. 1 game playoffs means all you need is one dominant pitcher to move on and the Yankees don’t have that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They didn’t last year and still won.

They probably won't have a healthy Judge this time and god only knows what Sanchez is going to be by October. Honestly the Yankees aren't the same team that went 40-15 earlier in the year or whatever it was...Torres is slumping too, Bird's never gotten on track. They have the great bullpen but even that's had its moments of roller-coasterdom.

Obviously the Yankees would still be favored in a home matchup against Seattle or Oakland, but it wouldn't be prohbitively. Seattle has the better SP of the two if Paxton's healthy, but the A's are playing better on the whole. They may need divine intervention if they somehow get stuck playing a healthy Houston though, assuming Verlander's pitching (maybe even Cole).

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Watched Jake dominate the Phillies live on Saturday for a CG. What a performance, dropped his ERA to 1.71 over 168 innings.

Made the Phillies fans taunting him pregame feel stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad