OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Apparently the Yankees acquired Zach Britton from the Bad News Be...Baltimore Orioles.

This immediately reminded me of the 90s dynasty with making trades to help but also block other teams from acquiring help. The last space I expected the Yanks to trade for help was in the bullpen.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What happened now?

In the last week?
-Cespedes finally comes off the DL, even hits a HR his first game back then after the game claims he's got a serious hip issue that's going to need surgery and requires 8-10 months of rehab
-The team completely butchers the handling of this revelation with Callaway basically trying to say he didn't know anything about it (yet another lie of omission), then after the team claimed they did know about it, belied that by sending him for an MRI and even after that they're still hemming and hawing about whether to DL him again. Now it's looking like he's done for the year 'at least'
-They (as usual) retain zero money on the Familia trade, taking back a schlep prospect and an overage AAA reliever that they claim is 'ML ready' who they don't even call up with the state of their bullpen.
-Thor contracts hand, foot and mouth disease while working with a kids' camp during the break
-The Mets are 8-13 when the best pitcher in baseball starts, and he had ANOTHER 8 IP, 2 ER no-decision the other day
-Even Tebow's fallen victim to the Met curse, breaking his hand and stalling any chance he had of getting a gift callup in September.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yankees acquire J.A. Happ for Brandon Drury and a minor league player. Not a fan of Happ's stats but if Drury is the "centerpiece", I can't complain too much

Considering that Toronto was holding/asking on for Sheffield, I am happy with this. I wanted a depth pitcher for the stretch mainly because I didn’t want the Yanks to give up a bunch of good prospects when they could go after some big band FA pitchers in the offseason.

Reactions: New Jersey

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Considering that Toronto was holding/asking on for Sheffield, I am happy with this. I wanted a depth pitcher for the stretch mainly because I didn’t want the Yanks to give up a bunch of good prospects when they could go after some big band FA pitchers in the offseason.

> asking Sheffeld for Happ

I hope Cashman muted the phone as his sides went into orbit. It would be the professional thing to do.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Went to Yankees/Rays the other night at The Trop. Pretty cool I guess. We usually go every year. Can't wait to go to Citifield in a couple weeks when I'm visiting!

NOT!:eek:

Well, I'm really going, I just can wait.:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also Yankee fans throwing tanturms over the trade deadline are embarrassing.

Deadline was fine. Should not be blowing up the farm for what was available.

Happ getting hand foot and mouth disease is kind of hilarious.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I opened up the MLB app, saw the score of the Mets game, and literally burst out laughing.

Dude it was amazing. They had Jose Reyes pitching fastballs under 50 MPH.

Players were running into each other, balls dropped nonchalantly. I stopped the commentary at the end of the 6th inning and told my Amazon Alexa to play the Benny Hill theme on loop.

I was not disappointed.

Reactions: Bleedred

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
sonny gray will be gone this offseason, even if we win the world series.

this **** is inexcusable, nevermind against the machado-less orioles at home.

Yankees just announced that Sonny Gray is out of the rotation. At this point he's not even going to be on the postseason roster, he'll just be a mopup guy. I'm sure some small-mid market will take a shot on him in the offseason but he's gotta go, this is Ed Whitson/Carl Pavano territory now.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Buck Foston - Get passed this garbage, Get healthy, Bring up Shef. Regardless of what happens this year either make Boone go to Baseball 101 classes all off season or FIRE HIM. LGY!!!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Buck Foston - Get passed this garbage, Get healthy, Bring up Shef. Regardless of what happens this year either make Boone go to Baseball 101 classes all off season or FIRE HIM. LGY!!!

Dear Brian

High caliber starting pitching. Get me 2 this offseason.

From,

A Spoiled Yankees Fan

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Trust the process. Sox have a horse shoe up their ass while the team is slumping.

Last season spoiled people a bit. It still isn’t quite time for this team yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad