OT: 2018 MLB Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The best Met thing of the last few weeks is the (NSFW) audio that came out of Terry Collins ripping the umps and MLB two years ago with that ridiculous Thor ejection after throwing a pitch a few feet behind Utley.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I would hope the Yankees trade for at least 1 top 3 rotation guy and go hard for one this next offseason. Everything is ready besides the starting pitching.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
VKNa1hb.gif

Reactions: New Jersey

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I think they are trying it, but who knows...not everyone responds the same way. And Tanaka arguably hasn't been quite the same since, it's telling he was the Tanaka of old during the playoffs last year when he could let it hang but he's been very inconsistent otherwise.

yeah, crazy situation. who knows.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I swear it is Met fans who keep trying to convince people on talk radio that the Yanks should trade Gleybar or Anjuares for deGrom

I know you have to give to get but I’m getting very hesitant to including Andujar in any deal.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I just don’t like the idea of trading a young high potential positional player for a starter, especially one closer to 30.

They just break so easily that I don’t think the value works out.

Wow, didn’t realize he was 30 already. I’d look elsewhere. I thought he was like 24 for some reason.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I swear it is Met fans who keep trying to convince people on talk radio that the Yanks should trade Gleybar or Anjuares for deGrom

Both teams would end up throwing the phone down.

The Yankees don't need someone the caliber of deGrom to win a WS. They should under no circumstances deal the players mentioned above. And the Mets shouldn't entertain trading deGrom or Syndergaard

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Guys like Clint Frazier and Tyler Austin could get moved along with some higher end prospects that haven't played in the bigs yet. They have more or less been ensuring to get them playing time where they could to in essence showcase them.

Guys of the JA Happ level, who they've been linked to showing interest in, will likely be the guys they target. Those of the Jamie Garcia and Sonny Gray mold as they picked up last season. Pitchers good enough and with known positive potential, but not bank breakers to get.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Both teams would end up throwing the phone down.

The Yankees don't need someone the caliber of deGrom to win a WS. They should under no circumstances deal the players mentioned above. And the Mets shouldn't entertain trading deGrom or Syndergaard

The fact that Torres or Andujar would simply have to be involved in a hypothetical deal are why I want nothing to do with a Mets pitcher.

If Tanaka didn't get hurt base-running in a National League ballpark the conversation wouldn't be as active.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The fact that Torres or Andujar would simply have to be involved in a hypothetical deal are why I want nothing to do with a Mets pitcher.

If Tanaka didn't get hurt base-running in a National League ballpark the conversation wouldn't be as active.

As of today, both Torres and Andujar are rookie of the year candidates. They should be staying. Guys with their potential and what they've shown to this date shouldn't really get moved. Crazier things have happened so we'll see.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As of today, both Torres and Andujar are rookie of the year candidates. They should be staying. Guys with their potential and what they've shown to this date shouldn't really get moved. Crazier things have happened so we'll see.

They sure as hell shouldn’t be moved for a 30 year old pitcher.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Yea there’s no way I involve 1 of them let alone both. That may be the ask for a top of the line pitcher but he better be closer to his mid 20s rather than 30, if I’m to consider that. I’ll take a tier below if that’s what they will get.

Reactions: Wingman77

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Absolutely not. If anything, to equate it to hockey, it's gotta be on the Larsson for Hall level in the way that it's young talent for young talent - and you also hope for the lopsidedness on the Yankees end in terms of skill received :laugh:.

The Austin and Frazier type guys, are the guys I don't mind moving for a guy that is a little bit older.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
At what point is it safe to say that this some 1998 shit going on right now?

All they do is win.

I am so f***ing ready for the insanity that will be the left field bleachers against the Sawks the next Friday. We keep winning with these games in hand, we can begin the process of burying Boston next weekend.

I anticipate an ALCS-like atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad