Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We have to offer him an ELC after this season. He's ready for the next level.

for sure, if he doesn't then we got problems and may need to look to trade him so we don't risk him walking as a UFA after his Senior year.

That said while he will need some time in the AHL as he still needs to add mass and strength, he's been so good offensively and in his own end it's not been easy since the guy they expected to be the starter hasn't played in a game yet (Levi) since he ended up leaving for the Team Canada camp and got hurt in the wjc's. Granted the backup has done a real good job considering. But now that Struble is out, Harris is playing a ton.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
for sure, if he doesn't then we got problems and may need to look to trade him so we don't risk him walking as a UFA after his Senior year.

That said while he will need some time in the AHL as he still needs to add mass and strength, he's been so good offensively and in his own end it's not been easy since the guy they expected to be the starter hasn't played in a game yet (Levi) since he ended up leaving for the Team Canada camp and got hurt in the wjc's. Granted the backup has done a real good job considering. But now that Struble is out, Harris is playing a ton.
Harris has near identical stats to Cale Makar as a 19 and 20 year old in HE. At nearly identical size, with very similar style of play. Not to suggest he's going to step into the NHL next season and score 70 points, but....

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harris has near identical stats to Cale Makar as a 19 and 20 year old in HE. At nearly identical size, with very similar style of play. Not to suggest he's going to step into the NHL next season and score 70 points, but....

I watched Makar and while I'm one of Harris's biggest fans on the board as others will confirm, I don't see it as i'd be very surprised if Harris could keep up his 1.07 ppg over 41 games (Makar's season) that said what he's doing is great and I have been pumping his tires around here since his Freshman year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I watched Makar and while I'm one of Harris's biggest fans on the board as others will confirm, I don't see it as i'd be very surprised if Harris could keep up his 1.07 ppg over 41 games (Makar's season) that said what he's doing is great and I have been pumping his tires around here since his Freshman year.

You are not wrong on Harris. He is one of our most underrated D prospects. He's neck and neck with Norlinder IMO and could end up being the better one.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You are not wrong on Harris. He is one of our most underrated D prospects. He's neck and neck with Norlinder IMO and could end up being the better one.
I love both prospects. Norlinder will take more time but his hockey I.Q. and skating is amazing. I predict he will be a first pair D in this league.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Makar is one of the best shooting Dman Ive seen, Harris has a Mete level shot.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He has worked on it a lot though, i would say definitely not as good as Makar but much better than Mete
Its dumb, hell never be a goalscorer. The same thing was said of Hughes and look at him, barely scraping past Mete. He'd be better off practicing passing, stickhandling or even defensive drills.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Norlinder has a higher upside, IMO bt, it doesn't mean he will translate better than Harris at the NHL level.

I'm bigger on Guhle than Harris and not just because he was a first round pick. I dream of what Norlinder could become, though...

Reactions: Vachon23

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Norlinder has a higher upside, IMO bt, it doesn't mean he will translate better than Harris at the NHL level.

I'm bigger on Guhle than Harris and not just because he was a first round pick. I dream of what Norlinder could become, though...
I dream of Alexandra Daddario, but I get what you're saying :naughty: FWIW, I think Harris has a higher probability of having an NHL career because of how effortless his game is in all three zones. He's just very calm and smooth, he makes the high percentage plays , never forces anything he shouldn't be trying to begin with. He's pretty much tailor-made to play a lot of minutes.

Reactions: montreal

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Its dumb, hell never be a goalscorer. The same thing was said of Hughes and look at him, barely scraping past Mete. He'd be better off practicing passing, stickhandling or even defensive drills.

Are you quoting Lefebvre? "Don't try to improve that, show you are willing to fight career goons, and play low minutes all defence."

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you quoting Lefebvre? "Don't try to improve that, show you are willing to fight career goons, and play low minutes all defence."
Clearly thats what Im doing.

Or I'd rather he improves in other more menaingful areas. Harris is never going to be a goalscorer, why work towards him scoring 5 goals rather than 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad