Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Mete compares but you won't find many NHL comparable since you don't get a lot of undersized D. Harris has elite skating, mobility, IQ, and poise but he's lacks a physical game, mass, strength. With Harris you get someone that plays very smart, mistake free hockey that never panics with the puck, that just makes the right plays most of the time and does all the little things well.

Harris is listed as the same height and weight as Romanov, but we don't hear much concern about Romanov's size.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harris is listed as the same height and weight as Romanov, but we don't hear much concern about Romanov's size.

Romanov has a very upright stance that makes him look taller then 5'11 plus he has great lower body strength which is the most important part of strength for hockey players. He's not easy to knock off the puck, Harris doesn't have that power and strength, he'll need to add to it as much as possible.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Nope. Girard is one of the most dynamic puckmover in the NHL, hes the closest thing to a "lite" version of Hughes on offense (with a defensive game that is good enough for top pair)
Girard comes no where close to 'the closest thing a a lite Hughes" LOL

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Harris gives me Stecher vibes which probably sounds weird but is still a guy who’ll net 10m. I dunno. He’s really smooth and realistically could be more than that. A seemingly rare good pick by the bicep gang

Troy Strecher is not a bad comparaison at all. A 3rd pair defenseman who can move the puck and dosen’t put his team in trouble

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Harris scored again tonight to make it 1-0

At this moment, Harris and Struble are the top two scoring D on Northeastern. After Harris' goal tonight, they are now both on 7 pts on the season. The closest scoring D has 2 pts (Tyler Spott, Julian Kislin & Michael Kesselring).

In fact, Harris and Struble are 2nd and 3rd in scoring on the entire team. Only Zach Solow has more points than them.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Do we know if he plan to complete his four year at university? He will turn 21 this summer. We have seen some defenceman coming straight from the NCAA to the NHL. I wonder if he could make the team next year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Do we know if he plan to complete his four year at university? He will turn 21 this summer. We have seen some defenceman coming straight from the NCAA to the NHL. I wonder if he could make the team next year.

He should turn pro this year, otherwise, he's on the loophole, I believe.

And I think he takes a step in the AHL level first.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Gains

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Could he and Struble be on the same timeline?

1 AHL season next year, both try out for the NHL roster in 22-23? (Chiarot gone, Kulak gone, Romanov moved up, possibly Edmundson gone to Seattle)

Such that, in 2022-23 we could roll with this.....? No idea if Norlinder would be lined up to come in that same year, same for a young Guhle. Just spitballin.

Romanov - Petry
Harris - Weber
Struble - Fleury
Edmundson? Norlinder? Guhle?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

1 AHL season next year, both try out for the NHL roster in 22-23? (Chiarot gone, Kulak gone, Romanov moved up, possibly Edmundson gone to Seattle)

Such that, in 2022-23 we could roll with this.....? No idea if Norlinder would be lined up to come in that same year, same for a young Guhle. Just spitballin.

Romanov - Petry
Harris - Weber
Struble - Fleury

I think Struble is still raw and will need more time.

Jul 6, 2016

Romanov - Petry
Harris - Weber
Struble - Fleury

Guhle has the potential to be ahead of both Harris and Struble.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he should turn pro or else they may have to trade him as at least one or more from this group of D prospects will be traded at some point. They need to know if he plans on signing with us or not.

the loophole often gets confused, Harris doesn't qualify for it because he went directly to the NCAA, same for Struble but not for Dobes or Pitlick.

there's the loophole - any NCAA draft pick that didn't go directly to the NCAA after the draft, can become a UFA after their 3rd season but must inform their NHL team by June something I think.

then there's just regular rights which expire August 15th after the 4th season in the NCAA if they went directly to the NCAA after being drafted. Just like CHL and Euro picks, any player can refuse to sign with their NHL team just happens way more with NCAA picks.

No I don't think so but let's revist when the season is over as mid season is tough to say. Right now I think Struble needs another year in the NCAA. He's playing for a very good coach and as long as Harris turns pro he should be the top D next year and would be on the top PP unit

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I think Struble is still raw and will need more time.

I know it's "only" @montreal 's highlights that I've watched this year on Struble, but I'm encouraged by the progression curve you can trace back with him - when he was all kinds of raw in HS.

I would like to think AHL play next year is not completely out of the question for him, we'll see.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know it's "only" @montreal 's highlights that I've watched this year on Struble, but I'm encouraged by the progression curve you can trace back with him - when he was all kinds of raw in HS.

I would like to think AHL play next year is not completely out of the question for him, we'll see.

have you seen the last few, just posted one today, not his best game again. will likely have sunday's game posted later today, not sure when i will get to tonights game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->