Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
our #2 best Prospect ATM. No one saw him coming

lol, I have been watching most of his games since last year, saw him in the USHS as well.

You guys think there’s any chance he leaves school?

yes I would think there's a chance for sure but we'll have to see what his plans are. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay another year as he badly needs to get stronger and add some mass but other then that I think he's ready for the AHL as the kid is just so smart and poised.

I hope not, no point in rushing him here in this loser environment

Rush a prospect?

MB says hold my beer.

HF has been like this for years now.

Did you mean to say MB sine he's the one rushing these kids to the NHL not HF.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn't put Suzuki as a recruit (55 NHL games), if you look at the Athletic ranking, Harris took an amazing leap and is #2 before Romanov, Primeau, Poehling, etc. I saw him as our future #2 LD but he has the capability to be our first pairing LD over Romanov IMO.

Wheeler sees him as a top 4D in his ranking

I saw a real potential in Harris at the camp, the kid is taking major leap every year and he does everything well on the ice while having an amazing speed. Next year will be the more telling year, if he breaks or keep leaping over his normal development curve.

IF I would do a ranking of prospects and rookies:

Suzuki
Caufield
Kotkaniemi
Harris
Romanov
Struble
Primeau
Poehling
Norlinder
Brook
Ylonen

Harris is not ahead of Romanov.

Reactions: dralaf

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
lol, I have been watching most of his games since last year, saw him in the USHS as well.
Meant Generaly, I have always been high on him, but people don't see him over Struble, Norlinder and Romanov, but I do see him over Romanov

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
IMO he will be better

Bold statement and hope you are right cause that would mean we a have two very good Left handed D men who can play top 4D. I think Romanov has the better overall package but it's possible Harris passes him.

I think the Habs have lots of options at LD moving forward. Of course we have to wait.

Reactions: dralaf

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Bold statement and hope you are right cause that would mean we a have two very good Left handed D men who can play top 4D. I think Romanov has the better overall package but it's possible Harris passes him.

I think the Habs have lots of options at LD moving forward. Of course we have to wait.
One thing for sure is the amount of good LD we have in our system.
Also the read about Harris and Norlinder is really interesting in the Atheltic Wheeler's ranking.

about Harris:

Harris doesn’t get talked about enough in scouting circles or the public sphere as a top prospect, in my opinion. He’s not big and he’s not going to dance his way into the slot and then rip a shot past a goalie, but he rarely makes mistakes with or without the puck, he’s got A-level four-way mobility, he can handle the puck in transition or curl away from pressure to stretch the ice with a long outlet pass and he has begun to play more aggressively offensively, revealing some power-play upside. He was counted upon in a prominent role as a freshman and he has taken his game to new heights as a sophomore. There’s very little in his game to dislike — and nothing that should hold him back. I think he projects safely as a two-way second pairing defenseman who can play big minutes, drive possession, make plays North-South as well as East-West and carve out a leadership role. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s Northeastern’s captain as a senior.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One thing for sure is the amount of good LD we have in our system.
Also the read about Harris and Norlinder is really interesting in the Atheltic Wheeler's ranking.

about Harris:

Harris doesn’t get talked about enough in scouting circles or the public sphere as a top prospect, in my opinion. He’s not big and he’s not going to dance his way into the slot and then rip a shot past a goalie, but he rarely makes mistakes with or without the puck, he’s got A-level four-way mobility, he can handle the puck in transition or curl away from pressure to stretch the ice with a long outlet pass and he has begun to play more aggressively offensively, revealing some power-play upside. He was counted upon in a prominent role as a freshman and he has taken his game to new heights as a sophomore. There’s very little in his game to dislike — and nothing that should hold him back. I think he projects safely as a two-way second pairing defenseman who can play big minutes, drive possession, make plays North-South as well as East-West and carve out a leadership role. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s Northeastern’s captain as a senior.

If he can get physically stronger as he turns pro, I'll be a big believer

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

yes I would think there's a chance for sure but we'll have to see what his plans are. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay another year as he badly needs to get stronger and add some mass but other then that I think he's ready for the AHL as the kid is just so smart and poised.

Rush a prospect?

MB says hold my beer.

Did you mean to say MB sine he's the one rushing these kids to the NHL not HF.

The lower rung is always what will be set as the likeliest to be achieved. So for our most talented D prospects projection is 2nd pairing.

What do you see as his ceiling ? Are there limitations ( and strength and mass are not limitations as boys grow into men ) such that 2nd pairing is as good as he can get, except for the .1% anything can happen possibility ?

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I rather Harris stay for one more NCAA year as well. How good is his NCAA team suppose to be next year? That might have a factor
Another year there (maybe as captain?) along with Struble could do wonders for future chemistry too.

Also I don't think either Harris or Romanov will be clear cut 1st pairing LHD, I see both of them as a 1B/2A type, but they could surprise. I'd rather have 2 top 4 LHD tho than the shit show we have right now on the left side. Thing is both Petry and Weber will either be gone or declining once the youngsters are ready to play a significant role lol, we need young RHD badly.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Him and Jake Evans....2 guys that I saw as super longshots to ever make it. So far so good for Jake to make me eat some crow. Once he's established, JH might give me some Double Crow extra ketchup to eat.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Perhaps but I don't take most HFB users as making wise decisions.
ie. the guy that won the game for Arizona last night was mostly panned on here in his draft year.

Probably the worst 'scouts' right here on HF. The same people that said JK was a legit ranked 3 prospect, threatened to quit being a fan if we drafted Hughes or Tkachuk.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad