Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Kind of a ridiculous comment with Struble so early in his development. Personally I think both have a good chance of making it. Harris is a safer bet at this point as he is further along in his development but Struble has the higher upside.
Not sure how many of you follow the NFL combine. But teams fall in love with a guys measurements and workouts. More often then naught they are busts. Struble reminds me of this type of vision in looking at a player. I hope I'm wrong but I have my doubts big time about Struble.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Not sure how many of you follow the NFL combine. But teams fall in love with a guys measurements and workouts. More often then naught they are busts. Struble reminds me of this type of vision in looking at a player. I hope I'm wrong but I have my doubts big time about Struble.

You are entitled to your opinion but you are basing it on next to no evidence. He is playing very well for a freshman adjusting from High School hockey. Never mind his measurements, he is an outstanding skater and has the skill to make a real impact. The only question will be the mental game. He was a raw prospect with huge upside at the time that he was drafted and he hasn't done anything to suggest that his ceiling was misjudged.

Reactions: cphabs

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You are entitled to your opinion but you are basing it on next to no evidence. He is playing very well for a freshman adjusting from High School hockey. Never mind his measurements, he is an outstanding skater and has the skill to make a real impact. The only question will be the mental game. He was a raw prospect with huge upside at the time that he was drafted and he hasn't done anything to suggest that his ceiling was misjudged.
Depending on your definition of "evidence" there is plenty to suggest the Canadiens loved his pre draft workouts. The statements are all there for you to view.
Now this doesn't mean in combination to what you see on the ice he wont be a good player some day. But most would agree he's a raw prospect with huge bust potential.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I love the way he navigates the blue line. That is essential for the modern day Dman to generate offence.
He's really smooth and has a high panic threshold. He makes nice subtle moves in his own zone to escape pressure. Very good on his edges. A lot of what he does in that sense will not work as well as a pro, the forecheck gets on you a lot faster. But he's a good player who will adapt to that. I like his chances at wearing a Hab uniform some day.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Depending on your definition of "evidence" there is plenty to suggest the Canadiens loved his pre draft workouts. The statements are all there for you to view.
Now this doesn't mean in combination to what you see on the ice he wont be a good player some day. But most would agree he's a raw prospect with huge bust potential.

You are choosing to frame the narrative in an egregiously negative manner. He is a good prospect with alot of upside but is not without risk as he has alot of developing yet to do.....that is how a summary of his potential should sound.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
there's no doubt about it, Harris does not have the physical game or the physical strength and size that Struble has.

Thankfully, we have both :D

Still feel Struble can reach higher levels, but Harris is looking good. I just don't believe in his offensive game at all from the (very) little I've seen.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Agreed. Struble is a really solid skater. That + his man strenght, if combined with a IQ that can operate them at the NHL level, gives him #1D potential. Still wondering about his shot quality though, especially his slapshot from the point. If he can have a bomb, he'd have all the tools and would only require the toolbox (admittedly hard to teach and crucial).

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The doors are always open and not close for hockey players like Harris. All-around defenceman is what I want him to be. It's achievable. But it comes with many years of work.

Reactions: 1909 and 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW, former scout with the Q and TSN and 91.9FM analyst Simon the Snake Boisvert, has quite the take on Harris:

Q: which young Habs D has the best NHL future?

Boisvert: Jordan Harris

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For what it's worth, Pierre McGuire thinks he'll surely be an NHLer.

FWIW, former scout with the Q and TSN and 91.9FM analyst Simon the Snake Boisvert, has quite the take on Harris:

Q: which young Habs D has the best NHL future?

Boisvert: Jordan Harris

I've seen a lot of him and I'm higher on him then just about anyone on this board as I ranked him as our 4th best prospect and 2nd best D prospect right behind Romanov who I had at 3rd and just above Norlinder who I had at 5th.

To me he will easily be an NHLer but the question is how good will he be. He's undersized, lacks strength, isn't physical and doesn't have a big shot. But he's very smart, excellent skating/mobility, plays with tons of poise as there is zero panic in his game. Last year I was worried about the offense while he played great in his own end, this year he's been crushing it offensively but i've seen some holes in his defensive game. Last year he had the best or one of the best goalies in the NCAA behind him and his D partner was very good in Davies so I'm hoping I haven't overrated his defensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad