Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Harris: A Huskies hero for life

"I think that's been my biggest growth: just understanding the game. Just with that year of experience and the success of our team has allowed me to grow in that role, and I definitely think I'm thinking the game a lot better as a whole, and definitely on a more mature level. Moving forward, it's just being as consistent as I can, or just bringing my physicality, getting more shots on net. You see how important it is as you get to a higher level in the game."

Reactions: Jokerniemi

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Haverhill's Harris chooses another college season over signing with Canadiens

“I’m very confident about my ability to translate my game to the pro level. I think the game at the NHL level right now is trending to more of a style that suits my game as a two-way, mobile defenseman.”

“I’ve been fortunate enough to grow my game over the years and compete at the highest levels for a player my age. Success at these levels just gives me more confidence in being able to make the jump to the higher level.”

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't heard who will get the C next year for NU but I expect it will be Harris.

Northeastern hockey standout and Montreal Canadiens prospect Jordan Harris is doing his best to keep his hockey skills sharp at his family’s Haverhill home during the coronavirus outbreak.
“Most of the local rinks have shut down so there are limited options for skating,” he said. “But thankfully we have a gym in the basement where I can train off of the ice. Instead of peppering our garage doors with pucks, we moved a net into the backyard so that I can shoot pucks and stick-handle back there in order to get the best out of the limited resources at the moment.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-12_12-5-55.png

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Sneaky good prospect.. always impresses anytime ive seen him anyway, dev camps, Bean pot tourney, etc

Not the answer to "who plays with Weber (were all hoping its The Tsar anyway eventually), but as a 2nd or 3rd pairing he could be very very valuable on the left side

The more ive thought about it over the months, the more I think Mete gets traded in the not too distant future, as much as I like him and all

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sneaky good prospect.. always impresses anytime ive seen him anyway, dev camps, Bean pot tourney, etc

Not the answer to "who plays with Weber (were all hoping its The Tsar anyway eventually), but as a 2nd or 3rd pairing he could be very very valuable on the left side

The more ive thought about it over the months, the more I think Mete gets traded in the not too distant future, as much as I like him and all

Harris plays RD almost all of the time, so where he'll play as he moves up is tough to say as he can easily play either side equally well. I comp him to Mete but I think he's got a better defensive game, more IQ and poise. But he's got to get stronger and add mass. I expect him to be one of the top D's in the NCAA next season assuming there is one.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The six pack are there...

Keep working on your bodyframe. To acquire strength on shooting the puck. And being solid along the boards.

upload_2020-6-18_11-25-3.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Very solid for the US at the WJC too. Just as solid as Brook the year before. So I expect Harris to follow the same gradual development path once he turns pro. Both are great skaters and solid at both ends. Both could bust or both could turn into top 4D. I like the depth we have in the probability to hit formula due to quantity. We have not has this amount of quality/quantity in our prospect pool for a very long time.

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Comparable player: Mac Bennett

I saw a lot of both players, they do have some similar traits, both from the Northeastern prep league, great skating/mobility, undersized, lack of strength, not good shots not physical. But keep in mind Bennett was in the USHL at 18, Harris was on the top pairing 3 months after turning 18. At 21 Bennett had a career high of .56 ppg, at 19 he had a .38 ppg whereas Harris had a .64 ppg and was one of the best U-20 D's in the NCAA. Bennett's problem is he didn't progress much from his age 20 season, (.5 ppg) to his Senior year (.45 ppg). So we need to see if Harris can continue to progress or not. Plus I have to wonder if Bennett wouldn't have faired better if he was turning pro next summer like Harris likely will, while getting to play under Bouchard then back in '14-'15 when he turned pro under a different coach.

Harris reminds me a lot of Mete, but I think he's smarter, has more poise and better in his own end.

Reactions: Acadien86

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

“Firstly it's special to be recognized by your teammates, to be able to be part of this group with these guys and to look back and see what some of the captains and past leadership groups have done to me and the team.”

“I mean we've a great group at Northeastern comprised of our coaching staff and the players that were briging in. And just the culture that we've at school. So that was a big think just to see that it's a great spot. It's a team that I believe is one of the best in the country and it's a program that's been growing over the years. I just kind of want to be part of that culture in that team and hopefully run for a couple more trophies. Just growing my game and learn new things here. I still think every day it's a chance to grow as a player and get better. Then academic wise I definitely want to get my degree, it's another year in the classroom and closer to finishing up my degree. So kind of all those things combined.”

“It's funny because whenever I talk to anyone in Massachusetts or plays hockey in Massachussetts, when I mention that I play for Northeastern, the Beanpot is always the first thing that comes up. For me growing up around that and not really realizing the importance of it, it's interesting to be a part of it now and kind of realizing how important it's to the fans, the schools and for the hockey community in Massachussetts. It impacts more people than you think when you're actually a part of it whether it's the little kids or the parents or alumni.”

Beanpot Finals (OT goal): “I think everyone was just so tired. I don't even now what time we finished. (11:00 or 11:30 maybe). So everyone was just like we need something to happen here. I saw it going. I think it was just relief and excitement. I wasn't really sure what to do. You don't realize when you're in. It feels like another game. It's pretty unique when you see the aftermath of it afterwards.”

“Just trying to find a routine. Work on what you can. So we'll see how it goes. Even if you're not really sure what to prepare for now. I'm taking online classe now, I now most of the teams in summer classes. So that takes up a little time. I play cards at night with my family like, that's just something that we found as a little routine. I've been watching a couple of new shows.”

“It's such a long season and honestly you'd think that it'd be nice having this time off after pretty much playing the whole year. But it's crazy like our team meetings it's kind of nice just hogging. Everyone agrees that they miss the game, even being away from a couple of months it's though because it's kind of all do we know and we all love to do it. I think everyone's already eager to be back, to see the team and get practices underway.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->