Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've seen him play about a dozen times with Northeastern and I can probably count the number of clear shots I've seen him take on the fingers of both of my hands. He doesn't over play the puck or tries to make too many fancy plays either, it's just not his game. He's very good at carrying and distributing it though , at the next level most of his offense will come from that. He's the modern defensive dman type, don't expect him to be an offensive dynamo.

Reactions: montreal

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm not sure about his offensive skills as last year he just didn't showcase them that much other then moving the puck. He just reminds me so much of Mete, another player that I never was really sold on his offensive game.

it's a little harder to show your offensive side when you're mostly the defensive Dman on your pairing, playing your offside with barely PP time. I highly think of Harris, his best assets is his skating and smarts ( you usually can't go wrong with that.) I think with the departure of Davies, he should be the TO go guy on the PP and play his good side. as for Struble you might or might not know that i am higher on him than probably everyone on this board, but i still think when he's healthy he should be playing the second pair, he's very young for a freshman and for his draft class, That would both keep Harris and Struble on their strong side, Struble as plenty of time to develop. You can pair them on the PP with Struble on the right side, he's got a pretty decent shot!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's a little harder to show your offensive side when you're mostly the defensive Dman on your pairing, playing your offside with barely PP time. I highly think of Harris, his best assets is his skating and smarts ( you usually can't go wrong with that.) I think with the departure of Davies, he should be the TO go guy on the PP and play his good side. as for Struble you might or might not know that i am higher on him than probably everyone on this board, but i still think when he's healthy he should be playing the second pair, he's very young for a freshman and for his draft class, That would both keep Harris and Struble on their strong side, Struble as plenty of time to develop. You can pair them on the PP with Struble on the right side, he's got a pretty decent shot!

sucks Struble is injured. Excited to see him. Norlinder was definitely carrying some of the weight of this draft class for awhile before Caufield and Struble have started up. Norlinder's done a hellova job so far as our 3rd pick. Really like our top 3 picks in last draft so far. HM to Fairbrother. Hope Pitlick can Pitlick it up.

Reactions: Acadien86

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
sucks Struble is injured. Excited to see him. Norlinder was definitely carrying some of the weight of this draft class for awhile before Caufield and Struble have started up. Norlinder's done a hellova job so far as our 3rd pick. Really like our top 3 picks in last draft so far. HM to Fairbrother. Hope Pitlick can Pitlick it up.

I know it's cliche but it's still true in modern hockey, Defensemen takes longer to develop, hence why so many steal in the second, third round. Montreal as been doing an exellent job scouting these Dmans so far, only time will tell how they will turn out but it sure looks good right now. i have been very impressed with Norlinder as i had 0 intel of him Pre-draft! it's crazy to think Montreal might start having roster player they actually developped!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Right now they have Shea as the top PP since they go 4 forwards. Harris is 2nd. As for Struble on the 2nd pairing, the LD's are Shea on the top pairing and Harris on the 2nd, so Struble would need to show a lot to knock either down to the 3rd pairing which is why I would put Harris at RD either on the top pairing if Struble can hack it or the 2nd pairing though Shea is not a top pairing D.

Reactions: HOPE

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I've seen him play about a dozen times with Northeastern and I can probably count the number of clear shots I've seen him take on the fingers of both of my hands. He doesn't over play the puck or tries to make too many fancy plays either, it's just not his game. He's very good at carrying and distributing it though , at the next level most of his offense will come from that. He's the modern defensive dman type, don't expect him to be an offensive dynamo.
I've seen him probably more than a handful of times make some sharp angle sneaky shots. He seems to be very calculated in the way he shoots and passes. He often doesn't giveaway possession.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Does someone have seen a bit of Jordan Harris? This bet looks like to pay right now.

yes, I've seen him twice so far this year and I might watch his last 2 games from yesterday and Friday, if not he's about to play several Hockey East games so I'll be able to see a bunch of his games coming up.

I am very impressed with him, last year I had Primeau as the most underrated and this year I think it's Harris, he's just so smart, poised and calm out there.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
7 pts in 8 games for a dman in the NCAA and no talk about him. Not to mention, the eye test is even more telling with Harris. His smarts is off the chart.

Most underrated prospect in our pipeline, ainec. Must be his name or something.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
7 pts in 8 games for a dman in the NCAA and no talk about him. Not to mention, the eye test is even more telling with Harris. His smarts is off the chart.

He is going to be a good one. Looked great in the rookie tourney and the WJC showcase. He just turned 19 in July too!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

They had a great article about him in the Athletic. He's a super smart kid apparently and has excellent social skills. His coaches certainly seem to love the guy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I talk about him a lot in the main prospect thread as I get to see a lot of his games. He is our most underrated prospect now that Primeau is in the AHL and getting more notice.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He REALLY stood out during the summer scrimmages too.. I think he has more than a great shot to be an NHLer, and we could really use the help at LD sooner than later

Good for him, hope the success sustains for him this year

Reactions: dralaf

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Everybody talk about Romanov, Struble or even (lately) Norlinder, but I think Harris is the prospect with the best chance of becoming a 1st pairing LD. Apart from his shot, which seems average, he's the complete package.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I talk about him a lot in the main prospect thread as I get to see a lot of his games. He is our most underrated prospect now that Primeau is in the AHL and getting more notice.

Is he a better prospect than mete?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Mete was World Junior talent and does Harris make the WJC as a 19 year old? It's just to dam hard to know cause Mete played CHL and NHL at 19 cause we needed him (like Kotkaniemi at 18) but Harris is playing with men in the NCAA and he looks very good at 19 this year.

Mete is pretty darn good. If Harris is as good, It's going to be interesting on the LD side

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

do you mean better then Mete was at 19, I would say maybe and even lean towards yes but also say that it is very difficult to compare since Mete was in the NHL and had he been in the OHL like I wanted then he may of had either a better or much better season then Harris depending of course on how well Harris's season goes as it's off to a great start but we'll see how it ends.

Now if you compare their age 18 seasons then Mete gets the nod for sure. The big difference so far this year is Harris is show a lot more offensive upside despite still not on the top PP unit after barely getting any PP time last year.

I think it's a good question, a tough one to answer and one better left for the summer as we see how he handles himself this year. I do think both players are a lot alike. Both undersized, lacking strength but just the cream of the crop in the skating, mobility department. If Harris can develop more offense then he's really going to be interesting as he looks like a sure bet to be an NHLer ala Mete since his defensive game is solid, he just plays such a smart defensive game, and that great skating/mobility helps him. In addition he plays with a ton of poise, he's like the Carey Price of defense in that he never panics with the puck in his own end.

Mete was World Junior talent and does Harris make the WJC as a 19 year old? It's just to dam hard to know cause Mete played CHL and NHL at 19 cause we needed him (like Kotkaniemi at 18) but Harris is playing with men in the NCAA and he looks very good at 19 this year.

Mete is pretty darn good. If Harris is as good, It's going to be interesting on the LD side

yes I think Harris makes Team USA this year. As for the LD's, Harris can play RD just as well as he plays LD. I know we need LD's and have several RD prospects but who knows what roster moves will be made over the next few years so it's good to have guys like him and Romanov that don't have any trouble playing either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad