Speculation: 2018-2019 Transaction Discussions & Speculation

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

As much as I'd love to sign Karlsson this offseason, idk that we want to deal with that contract. This is the 3rd time in the last month and a half that he has been injured I believe

I wouldn't complain if we signed him but I'm just saying it may be something you wanna avoid for $11m a season

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Karlsson will be 29 when signing his new contract and with his injury history . Thats just not a good investment for 7 or 8 years. 5 years ? Sure but 7 or 8 with a guy that had to go through this much ? I'm quesitoning that.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Karlsson will be 29 when signing his new contract and with his injury history . Thats just not a good investment for 7 or 8 years. 5 years ? Sure but 7 or 8 with a guy that had to go through this much ? I'm quesitoning that.

He'll easily still get the contract he wants though. Probably 7-8 years at $11m per

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He'll easily still get the contract he wants though. Probably 7-8 years at $11m per

Money isn't the problem but i don't trust his longterm health. I'd give him more AAV for shorter but 7 or 8 years is not a good idea.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Money isn't the problem but i don't trust his longterm health. I'd give him more AAV for shorter but 7 or 8 years is not a good idea.

He came back from the injury, gave up a goal,

and he's now injured again. Lmfao just keep him out. Jesus

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just saw the video of Karlsson getting walked by Marchand for the shorthanded goal...he's clearly in a ton of pain out there. He could barely turn to even try to stop Marchand from going around him. It was a freak injury too, simply skating and looks like he re-injured his groin when stretching to poke check the puck away

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don’t think they need to fire nill . They need to find someone like Toronto’s Dubas to come in and slowly take over through the next few years . Nill drafted terrible his first few drafts but I think his last 2 drafts have been good . His trading has been pretty good , and he’s been good at negotiating . I know Il get **** on for saying it but I think he has had a lot of **** luck when it comes to not only injuries but players underperforming during his time in dallas so far .

Well, looks like I was wrong :laugh:

Reactions: Bfantz

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Would we have any interest in Oliwer Kaski this summer he is dominating in LIGA for HIFK. Played with Miro for a year as well and he is rumored to be wanting to come to the NHL. He played a year of travel hockey in Dallas, two years of college, and then moved back home to Finland.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I have a bit more patience with Nill than others, but in seeing how McPhee turns things into big time players, do wonder about our efforts.

I think we have known for years what this team needs is more top end talent players, as evidenced by attempts to lure EK and JT. Of course, neither was successful, perhaps because Jim Nill wouldn't "give til it hurts, at least in the case of EK. But, they cost money, so I do wonder why he follows those failures by accepting lesser players, specifically, Hanzel and Comeau. (Got to hand it to him with Polak, but even he would be playing third pair if we got EK, and then we wouldn't have to have wasted a 4th and a 3rd on Jamie O and the Reverand, so even if he had given up a Hintz or JD, we probably would have been better off or about equal, in hindsight.

In the current NHL, you fill out lower lines exactly with the Nukes, JD, Pitlicks, etc., not pay the Hanzels and Comeaus and maybe Coligiano's to limp around in those roles. Am I right?

Reactions: gentleman scholar

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I have a bit more patience with Nill than others, but in seeing how McPhee turns things into big time players, do wonder about our efforts.

I think we have known for years what this team needs is more top end talent players, as evidenced by attempts to lure EK and JT. Of course, neither was successful, perhaps because Jim Nill wouldn't "give til it hurts, at least in the case of EK. But, they cost money, so I do wonder why he follows those failures by accepting lesser players, specifically, Hanzel and Comeau. (Got to hand it to him with Polak, but even he would be playing third pair if we got EK, and then we wouldn't have to have wasted a 4th and a 3rd on Jamie O and the Reverand, so even if he had given up a Hintz or JD, we probably would have been better off or about equal, in hindsight.

In the current NHL, you fill out lower lines exactly with the Nukes, JD, Pitlicks, etc., not pay the Hanzels and Comeaus and maybe Coligiano's to limp around in those roles. Am I right?
McPhee is also responsible the Erat:Forsberg trade

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good to hear I wasn't the only one completely thrown off by that title :laugh: I was even more confused when I googled him and it said he's been a member of the Stars management for 17 years or something like that

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Good to hear I wasn't the only one completely thrown off by that title :laugh: I was even more confused when I googled him and it said he's been a member of the Stars management for 17 years or something like that

I was also wondering how the hell a 21 year old looked like that.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Would we have any interest in Oliwer Kaski this summer he is dominating in LIGA for HIFK. Played with Miro for a year as well and he is rumored to be wanting to come to the NHL. He played a year of travel hockey in Dallas, two years of college, and then moved back home to Finland.
I hope. Really wish Dallas would dip their toes in the Euro free agent pool. It’s (relatively) cheap, low risk and every year we’re seeing teams finding solid players from overseas.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Thought I’d look some buyouts up.

My guess is no Comeau buyout happens the summer. Gaglardi won’t want to write the check and the cap hits go on a while.

2019 buyout
Gaglardi pays Comeau $3 million.
Over the next four seasons, the cap hits are $566k, $1.16M, $766k, and $766k.

2020 buyout
Gaglardi pays Comeau $1.33 million.
Over the next two seasons, the cap hits would be $1M and $666k.

Since Nichushkin is under 26, his buyout is much cheaper this summer.
Gaglardi pays Nichushkin $900k.
Over the next two seasons the cap hits are $700k and $450k.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Thought I’d look some buyouts up.

My guess is no Comeau buyout happens the summer. Gaglardi won’t want to write the check and the cap hits go on a while.

2019 buyout
Gaglardi pays Comeau $3 million.
Over the next four seasons, the cap hits are $566k, $1.16M, $766k, and $766k.

2020 buyout
Gaglardi pays Comeau $1.33 million.
Over the next two seasons, the cap hits would be $1M and $666k.

Since Nichushkin is under 26, his buyout is much cheaper this summer.
Gaglardi pays Nichushkin $900k.
Over the next two seasons the cap hits are $700k and $450k.
Neither of those will happen though

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3