Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
and for all i love miller what he brings etc... just think yes karlsson is a lock and some people got to move and even if we moved kucherov id still be behind this team 100% so dont get me wrong really dont want to lose killorn or gourde or miller tyjo palat whatever but will take karlsson 100% cause i think he is elite and would get us 100 point seasons

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i think we ship cally and miller back to ny then we got to do one more deal to keep stralman.... so one guy is moving killorn is likely candidate...

next year is hedman mcd serge karlsson stralman cernak foote

in the deal with rangers we probably ask for howden back get denied accept vesey and a pick

I think the Rangers would be willing to take Callahan back, but not Miller. Cally only has one year left and think he would be good for us in helping with the rebuild. If the Rangers take back his full salary there would have to be a sweetener to make this deal work and makes it less risky.

I think Miller would be good for Anaheim or
Buffalo and maybe can package Callahan with some salary retained on his contract since it seems Kesler may be destined for the LTIR and Buffalo needs to upgrade their middle six. Both players would be an upgrade for both these teams.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Miller to Buffalo or Edmonton, but I think the Karlsson dream is dead. I think he stays in SJ.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Looking super far ahead to the expansion draft

We will have to go with 4F-4D if we sign Karlsson. As of right now, we are already going to have to expose Foote, if we sign EK, we will have to expose Sergachev if we go with 7-3-1.

With the 4F-4D, as long as we protect Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point, I'm ok with losing any other forward. We would then protect Heddy, McD, EK, and Sergachev. Seattle will probably want one of Katchouk, Cernak, or Foote. I guess we could protect Katchouk, but if we pay them a 1st and maybe another prospect we could probably get them to take Killorn. We can also assume that TJ is a prime target for them, so it really depends on quite a few factors on the Vasy and Sergachev signing front. They may not even want to negotiate, and just select Foote, than we'd probably need to trade Killorn, which we can do because his NTC finally goes away.
Next expansion draft we are screwed anyway we are going to lose a good player no matter what this time

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Gourde or Miller are the best two players we can trade before July 1st because we can move them to anything team. I want to see which does better in the playoffs this year I’m hoping gourde has a better playoff performance this April

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gourde or Miller are the best two players we can trade before July 1st because we can move them to anything team. I want to see which does better in the playoffs this year I’m hoping gourde has a better playoff performance this April

Did Gourde get a quick NTC like Miller? Or did we give ourselves a year like with Miller and Johnson? I can't remember.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
JT Miller his Ntc does not kick in until July so we got plenty of time to trade him in the offseason. So we keep J.T. Miller for this cup run this year . We also got gourde we can trade anywhere before July 1st . Plus move Callahan or buy him out. So we can get karlsson done for 7 years and point done for 8 years . Then our core is all signed other then vasy so get it done JB
I agree with you.
But, if it'll be possible, I prefer to keep Gourde in our roster.
However your idea is very good :)

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
The Karlsson dream died when McD signed that extension imo. I still would love for it to happen though.

This. Paying 3 #1D will be outlandishly expensive even if EK took a discount.

Doubt incredibly much that EK would ever sign with us even with pictures of him having fun with his Tampa besties. All the scuttlebutt said he was darn near a lock to go to Tampa, then we find out afterwards that we weren't really that close.

Just 'cause he and Hedman have been friends from their Swedish 'junior' days doesn't mean he's a lock to come here. Heck, Tavares and Stammer have been friends a long time too. Didn't mean much when it came time for Tavares to sign with Toronto.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We weren't close because Ottawa's owner didn't want to trade him to us. If it were only up to Karlsson I'm pretty sure it would've happened.

Reactions: PJ817

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
We weren't close because Ottawa's owner didn't want to trade him to us. If it were only up to Karlsson I'm pretty sure it would've happened.

Ah, I do seem to remember one of the sources saying that Melnyk didn't want him traded to the East. Did that all happen before or after we acquired McDonagh? I can't remember. lol

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Doubt incredibly much that EK would ever sign with us even with pictures of him having fun with his Tampa besties. All the scuttlebutt said he was darn near a lock to go to Tampa, then we find out afterwards that we weren't really that close.

Just 'cause he and Hedman have been friends from their Swedish 'junior' days doesn't mean he's a lock to come here. Heck, Tavares and Stammer have been friends a long time too. Didn't mean much when it came time for Tavares to sign with Toronto.

IMO, having up to 4 #1 defenders is money well spent. Karlsson in this offense is worth everything we could possibly do to get him on the team.

Also, If you look at the evidence which has been subcommunicated through the media, EK wants to come here.

Hedman is the ex-factor IMO. Make no mistake, that Swedish connection is very strong and EK has had a long time to watch from a distance at how things are running in Tampa, and has been serenaded by his friend.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I believe it was Friedman who said the only team EK would sign an immediate extension with was TB. So there seems to be some truth to the idea that he wanted to come here. The major thing that has changed in the time since is, well, one of a few changes, Point's contract is going to be a lot more expensive than we previously believed.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
His NTC starts July 1st

It could be Gourde vs. Miller down the stretch then. We all anticipate Gourde being more valuable, but, IMO, if one of them steps up in the playoffs and the other doesn't, that makes the decision.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
It could be Gourde vs. Miller down the stretch then. We all anticipate Gourde being more valuable, but, IMO, if one of them steps up in the playoffs and the other doesn't, that makes the decision.

The decision could also be made for us, whoever sends us the best offer.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
8ICF7CH.png

#soon

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Truth be told the only thing I am sure Karlsson and Stamkos said was that things are going to have to play themselves out if the subject even came up. They both probably found it humorous that Stamkos' city held the ASG and then Karlsson's.

Given the fact we know they spent time together we can probably assume that IF the subject of him going to the Lightning came up, Karlsson is probably now as informed as he can possibly be on everything minus what JBB and his agent would say on July 1st

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He's going to sign in SJ. The second he got traded somewhere that wasn't Tampa, the dream died then.

Add on deals to McDonagh, Gourde and now Point having the season he's having?

Yeah. No chance.

Yea I agree. He can get that 8th year there and it really would take some maneuvering on our part. Not that it cant happen but most likely wont. Still fun to get main board thinking we might lol.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad