Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I highly, highly doubt he signs with SJ before he's had an opportunity to explore during his negotiation window this summer.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I highly, highly doubt he signs with SJ before he's had an opportunity to explore during his negotiation window this summer.

Probably right but it wouldnt surprise me if he went back after the fact. He is familiar with them and they can still offer him the 8 years even during that window if Im not mistaken. Anybody know?

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
After July 1st he can only be offered a 7 year deal. I can see him circling back and signing with them before July 1st after he's explored his options during his negotiation window though like you said and getting that 8 year deal.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I dont think we are going to do anything after karlsson statement today think we run it as is and win the cup then hold the seatbelts cause change is coming
KARLSSON has the same agent as stamkos for sure Don Meehan is going to make him do the free agent interview process to pressure the sharks to increase there offer more in June. I think karlsson meets with some teams and the lightning then before July 1st he signs a 8 year deal with the sharks.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
its real its damn real

Attachments

• ek stamkos in san jose.jpg
    ek stamkos in san jose.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 45

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!!
A big idea to bring EK to Tampa next summer (also considering the fact he's not signed with SJ yet and I think he'll look around the league before signing).
We've 3 UFA next summer (Coburn, Girardi and Stralman). If these 3 guys will leave Tampa, we'll have 11 mln free
We've also Callahan: we could trade him and promote Conacher to the lineup.
11 mln + 5.8 = 16.8 mln.
If Point will accept a bridge deal, like Kucherov, BriseBois could find the right cap space to sign EK.
I don't believe in that, but in a month we'll know more about this film. I want to see if the Bolts will move someone before the deadline, to increase the space.
We'll see but, today, the film is not over yet.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Hi everyone!!
A big idea to bring EK to Tampa next summer (also considering the fact he's not signed with SJ yet and I think he'll look around the league before signing).
We've 3 UFA next summer (Coburn, Girardi and Stralman). If these 3 guys will leave Tampa, we'll have 11 mln free
11 mln + 5.8 = 16.8 mln.
If Point will accept a bridge deal, like Kucherov, BriseBois could find the right cap space to sign EK.
I don't believe in that, but in a month we'll know more about this film. I want to see if the Bolts will move someone before the deadline, to increase the space.

Would rather see if we could fit someone like volkov or ABB in the line up next season. We won’t be making any major moves until the summer at the very least. Will be interesting to see if we make a few players available. Other teams will help us out if they can get a good player for futures.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hi everyone!!
11 mln + 5.8 = 16.8 mln.
JT Miller his Ntc does not kick in until July so we got plenty of time to trade him in the offseason. So we keep J.T. Miller for this cup run this year . We also got gourde we can trade anywhere before July 1st . Plus move Callahan or buy him out. So we can get karlsson done for 7 years and point done for 8 years . Then our core is all signed other then vasy so get it done JB

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We have ~10M in cap space going into next season
Callahan makes 5.8M
Miller makes 5.25M

That's 21M

Promoting Conacher is a good idea. He makes 700k toward the cap next year whether he is in the AHL or NHL

If Point signed for 7M a year, he'd be bringing in more than 1.15M more than Nylander every year. I'm telling you, people are going to set themselves on fire in the main board when Point signs his contract.
EK could make more here on 9M than he would in SJ for 12 M.

That gives us 5M, with virtually no vital pieces left to re-sign

Palat is another guy who does not have a NTC if we felt desperate. Not sure if it's necessary though.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
JT Miller his Ntc does not kick in until July so we got plenty of time to trade him in the offseason. So we keep J.T. Miller for this cup run this year . We also got gourde we can trade anywhere before July 1st . Plus move Callahan or buy him out. So we can get karlsson done for 7 years and point done for 8 years . Then our core is all signed other then vasy so get it done JB

i think we ship cally and miller back to ny then we got to do one more deal to keep stralman.... so one guy is moving killorn is likely candidate...

next year is hedman mcd serge karlsson stralman cernak foote

in the deal with rangers we probably ask for howden back get denied accept vesey and a pick

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Looking super far ahead to the expansion draft

We will have to go with 4F-4D if we sign Karlsson. As of right now, we are already going to have to expose Foote, if we sign EK, we will have to expose Sergachev if we go with 7-3-1.

With the 4F-4D, as long as we protect Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point, I'm ok with losing any other forward. We would then protect Heddy, McD, EK, and Sergachev. Seattle will probably want one of Katchouk, Cernak, or Foote. I guess we could protect Katchouk, but if we pay them a 1st and maybe another prospect we could probably get them to take Killorn. We can also assume that TJ is a prime target for them, so it really depends on quite a few factors on the Vasy and Sergachev signing front. They may not even want to negotiate, and just select Foote, than we'd probably need to trade Killorn, which we can do because his NTC finally goes away.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
i think we ship cally and miller back to ny then we got to do one more deal to keep stralman.... so one guy is moving killorn is likely candidate...

next year is hedman mcd serge karlsson stralman cernak foote

in the deal with rangers we probably ask for howden back get denied accept vesey and a pick

Unfortunately Killorn still has a full NTC until the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->