Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ya but did Ottawa make BriseBois and yzerman really mad last summer ?
This is business. You don't not make a move because the other person pissed you off.

Relationships matter, but I wouldn't want a GM who wouldn't let something like that go if it made the team better. (Whether Ceci does that is an open question)

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
That being said - Ceci is odd because his contract is up after this season. I'd think if we were making a move, we'd want some cost certainty built in. So my guess would be either we have an extension in place or we're not the ones going after him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This is business. You don't not make a move because the other person pissed you off.

Relationships matter, but I wouldn't want a GM who wouldn't let something like that go if it made the team better. (Whether Ceci does that is an open question)
Ceci would not be bad next season our defense could look like this

Hedman, ceci
Mcdonagh, cernak
Sergachev, foote

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
That being said - Ceci is odd because his contract is up after this season. I'd think if we were making a move, we'd want some cost certainty built in. So my guess would be either we have an extension in place or we're not the ones going after him.
Well he would be a RFA but would have arbitration rights

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
open question is buffalo has four legit rh d STUDS all top guys is risto as bad as we think based on playing for buffalo look at all the hate that myers got you dont hear a squeek outta winnipeg ??? id personally like bogey but one of their four is moving montour is no they just got him
risto
dahlin
bogey one is gone by 3pm if we were working on something around cally and miller id do it every day of week... id say miller cause of buffalo liking size and he can be their 2 center... just my two cents.

i like ceci i dont agree with is a bad player hes a super smart player no offense rest of game is solid to me

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Bott just robbed and blind, senile, Murray.
Idk... I keep hearing how every young Anaheim Dman is a stud but they give up like 40 shots a game and generate 10. I know systems play a role, but at some point the players do as well.

I think the whole group as a class are overvalued. That being said the return is rather "meh".

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Idk... I keep hearing how every young Anaheim Dman is a stud but they give up like 40 shots a game and generate 10. I know systems play a role, but at some point the players do as well.

I think the whole group as a class are overvalued. That being said the return is rather "meh".
Montour is the cog in their D core. He was the one who shouldn't have been traded. Fowler and the rest could have gone.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Nothing is gonna happen. It makes too much sense for TB to just hold what they have this season. They’ve needed something in previous seasons but this year they don’t.

Reactions: Still All In

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I just keep thinking back to when we signed Girardi, and SFY said something along the lines of "we use our own analytics" to rationalize the signing. And Girardi did have a better than expected first season.

We keep hearing names that are struggling in bad systems. Ceci, Ristolainen, even Shattenkirk. Wonder if Brisebois knows something we don't.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I just keep thinking back to when we signed Girardi, and SFY said something along the lines of "we use our own analytics" to rationalize the signing. And Girardi did have a better than expected first season.

We keep hearing names that are struggling in bad systems. Ceci, Ristolainen, even Shattenkirk. Wonder if Brisebois knows something we don't.
they get paid huge money to get it right... they usually hammer almost everything right....

im 100% for making a move for bogey

hedman stralman
mcd cernak
bogey sergachev
i put bogey right below mcd and if stralman is winding down ahead of stralman and i love stralman

so then next year if
hedman karlsson
mcd cernak
bogey sergachev

year after we got foote sergachev if serge aint ready to cut it we pick up a left d we are fine cause foote will be ready.....

i like this set up myself a lot

id give miller and cally for bogey right now no question

my problem with risto is stats but when looked deep at myers was some questions but not as bad as thought and havent pulled own stats on risto just what im seeing like i like ceci others dont etc... but who hears bad things on myers now? he got out of buffalo and not too bad

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
they get paid huge money to get it right... they usually hammer almost everything right....

im 100% for making a move for bogey

hedman stralman
mcd cernak
bogey sergachev
i put bogey right below mcd and if stralman is winding down ahead of stralman and i love stralman

so then next year if
hedman karlsson
mcd cernak
bogey sergachev

year after we got foote sergachev if serge aint ready to cut it we pick up a left d we are fine cause foote will be ready.....

i like this set up myself a lot

id give miller and cally for bogey right now no question

my problem with risto is stats but when looked deep at myers was some questions but not as bad as thought and havent pulled own stats on risto just what im seeing like i like ceci others dont etc... but who hears bad things on myers now? he got out of buffalo and not too bad
I can’t see the lightning doing this right now we are on fire and this rocks the boat with chemistry! Let the season play out stand pat and make the moves in the summer to fight the cap

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i hope they do nothing as ive said want cally to get a cup .... he worked hard and been close and this to me will be his last run so good for him then can move on....

i do though really like bogey as said put him just below mcd and if stralman is slowing down whatever that would put him even or better then stralman .... problem is never seen him have a lot of help and he might be as good as mcd or even better.... know id be comfortable with my limited lifetime view of his play to chaperone serge for a couple years and cant say want girardi or coburn to do that at all lol.... def not sure want hedman to have to do it either just saying....

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
My guess is tomorrow is going to be a dud. I'm calling like... 12 trades total. Stone re-signs.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
My guess is tomorrow is going to be a dud. I'm calling like... 12 trades total. Stone re-signs.

I'm not entirely convinced Stone re-signs. I mean it's obvious they should keep him but if Melnyk isn't willing to give him the signing bonuses he wants then he gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad