Line Combos: 2018-2019 Starting Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Petan is an NHL caliber player playing in the AHL due to the depth of the Jets.
If he was NHL caliber he wouldve been playing with the Jets period. The fact that he had a chance to cement himself as an NHLer last year and got sent down and did even worse in his NHL stint this year tells me that hes not an NHL caliber player for any team atm.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I would like to see them try the following:
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Petan Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev

I think that third line could real surprise teams and Petan playing in the midle of those guys might find his groove.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Petan Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev

I think that third line could real surprise teams and Petan playing in the midle of those guys might find his groove.

Flip Lowry and Petan and I’m right with you!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Petan Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev

Why do you have Petan at center? Don’t you know that the Jets convert all their wingers to center? At least it sure seems that way sometimes :help:

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
If he was NHL caliber he wouldve been playing with the Jets period. The fact that he had a chance to cement himself as an NHLer last year and got sent down and did even worse in his NHL stint this year tells me that hes not an NHL caliber player for any team atm.
He would fit well on the Habs I think.
Even Colorado

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Why do you have Petan at center? Don’t you know that the Jets convert all their wingers to center? At least it sure seems that way sometimes :help:
Wheeler was the only winger to play center. Seven of the Jets thirteen forwards were natural centers.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Maurice's starting lineup if no other players are added...
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Petan Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev
Dano

JMo Trouba
Myers Buff
Kuli Poolman

Helle Brossoit
Vesalainen is a wild card. I don't think he starts but he might be one of the first call ups. It wouldn't surprise me if he played his way onto the roster by the ASG.

Mine...
MP Scheif Laine
Vaseline Little Wheeler
Connor Roslo Ehlers
Copper Lowry Tanev
Dano

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Kuli Myers
Poolman Morrow (trade Chiarot and Petan for Adarius Bowman!)

Helle Comrie

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Petan Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev
Dano

JMo Trouba
Myers Buff
Kuli Poolman

Helle Brossoit
Vesalainen is a wild card. I don't think he starts but he might be one of the first call ups. It wouldn't surprise me if he played his way onto the roster by the ASG.

Mine...
MP Scheif Laine
Vaseline Little Wheeler
Connor Roslo Ehlers
Copper Lowry Tanev

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Kuli Myers
Poolman Morrow (trade Chiarot for Adarius Bowman!)

Helle Comrie

If Laine comes to camp skating like the beginning of last season I'd say there is close to zero procent chance he gets to play with Chef and Wheels. My guess is that's what PoMo wanted in training camp last season until he saw Laine not moving his feet. If he comes to camp lighter and faster I think it happens.

I'd be surprised if PoMo doesn't go for the classic:
Connor - Chef - Wheels
Ehlers - Little - Laine

I'd prefer anything else...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Laine comes to camp skating like the beginning of last season I'd say there is close to zero procent chance he gets to play with Chef and Wheels. My guess is that's what PoMo wanted in training camp last season until he saw Laine not moving his feet. If he comes to camp lighter and faster I think it happens.

Connor - Chef - Wheels
Ehlers - Little - Laine

I don't think Laine needs to come into camp lighter. He is 6' 5" and only 20 years old.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Connor - Chef - Wheels
Ehlers - Little - Laine

Yeah. But there’s a big chance Laine will come to camp too bulked up/overtrained again because he’s with the same trainer and by all accounts following a similar training program as last year. Come and show your displeasure in the Laine off-season training thread :)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I do see Laine getting 45-50 goals and Scheif 35-40 so maybe having them on different lines makes sense to spread the scoring? Plus Pmo maybe doesn't trust Laine D part of his game?

Reactions: ulf

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Yeah. But there’s a big chance Laine will come to camp too bulked up again because he’s with the same trainer and by all accounts following a similar training program as last year. Come and show your displeasure in the Laine off-season training thread :)

I think there is a very good chance he comes to camp faster than last season. Laine is smart and young. Should only get better. No displeasure here. I just don't think he will get the chance with two of the teams hardest workers if his first steps and stamina doesn't improve.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I think there is a very good chance he comes to camp faster than last season. Laine is smart and young. Should only get better. No displeasure here. I just don't think he will get the chance with two of the teams hardest workers if his first steps and stamina doesn't improve.

I hope you are right! Recent interviews make it sound like he may show up in bad shape again. I really hope this isn’t the case though.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I'd like to see something along these lines:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Frenchie
Laine - Little - Wheels
Connor - Rosie - Tanev
Petan/Dano - Lowry - Copp

My top priorities would be splitting up Scheif/Wheels and Ehlers/Laine. I'm pretty sure PoMo won't split Scheif and Wheels though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think Laine gets over 50 if he is paired up with Laine and Wheeler for the season.
I would really like to see Connor Roslo Ehlers as a 3rd line though.

Reactions: Tommigun

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I think Laine gets over 50 if he is paired up with Laine and Wheeler for the season.
I would really like to see Connor Roslo Ehlers as a 3rd line though.

I think that is true. I just have a feeling Scheifele and Wheels dictate who they play with and they really like what Connor brings to that line.
I'd love to see Connor Roslo Ehlers offensively but fear them in their own end.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Petan Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev
Dano

JMo Trouba
Myers Buff
Kuli Poolman

Helle Brossoit

Mine...
MP Scheif Laine
Vaseline Little Wheeler
Connor Roslo Ehlers
Copper Lowry Tanev
Dano

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Kuli Myers
Poolman Morrow (trade Chiarot and Petan for Adarius Bowman!)

Helle Comrie

That 3rd line-
Connor Roslo Ehlers- is sick!!

Reactions: Tommigun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad