Line Combos: 2018-2019 Starting Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Only reason for this imo is because his contract can slide. Because if he's good enough and shows better than Dano and Petan (who won't clear waivers) then he should be on team, but those two factors will keep him off.

Well we will just have to wait to see how he does in camp, but I think the days of fast tacking the kids are done. Unless he blows it up he will be on the Moose developing and there is no shame in that.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Well we will just have to wait to see how he does in camp, but I think the days of fast tacking the kids are done. Unless he blows it up he will be on the Moose developing and there is no shame in that.
Nope. I'm good with that. I'm just really high on him. He'll get his games in maybe 8-9 hopefully.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Maurice try this out:

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Petan
Connor - Roslovic - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Dano

Morrissey - Trouba
Niku - Buff
Kulikov - Myers
Chiarot
Morrow

Helle
???? (Brossoit / waiver claim)

Reactions: Jetsfareast

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Dano

Morrissey - Trouba
Niku - Buff
Kulikov - Myers
Chiarot
Morrow

Helle
???? (Brossoit / waiver claim)

I don't hate it
but you think petan is good enough for the top 6? even as a plug?

connor roslovis ehlers could give winnipeg the best 3rd line in the league
but kind of inexperienced(?)
they'd still have a real first line, but the 2nd line wouldnt as strong, but that would be the compromise of having a 3rd line that solid

the jets would have the best bottom 6 in the league

Last edited:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg

Copp - Lowry - Tanev

I don't see Petan working out on that line. Not a natural RW. No shooter on that line for him to toss saucers at. Just seems like a line that would go flat - a lot.

Without changing too much, I'd try:

Laine - Scheifele- Wheeler
Perreault - Little - Ehlers
Connor - Roslovic - Appleton / Vesalainen
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Leave the D, I like it.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think this is the year Laine gets to move up and play with the big boys and on the left side.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler (who are kidding Scheif and Wheeler will play together)
Connor-Little-Ehlers
MP-Rosie-Dano/Vesalainen (if ready)
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Petan

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Buff
Kuli-Myers
Chiarot/Poolman

Helly
Helly's league minimum buddy

But Chevy please make sure you get Laine extended before you give him the keys to a 55-60 goal season and the Rocket.

I agree. The MO of Mo, seems to be work a couple of years on the Defense and then we will turn you loose. Putting Laine on LW and with Scheif and Wheeler turns into a whole lot of goal for that line imo.

Reactions: Psych0dad

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006
Statsny blew off Chevy for term, oh well maybe get Thornton at the deadline :) but if you all remember when Scheifle was out Wheeler took the centre reins and ended up being a force.
Here's what I would do:
Conner Scheifle Ehlers
Laine Wheeler Tanev
Resolovic Little Perrault
Vesalainen/Copp/Lowry/Appleton or surprise "other" to make up 4th line

* A trade or signing of a big winger would take Tanev down to 4th line
Max Pac or a banger to get Wheeler and Laine the puck

Defense can stay as is
Hellebuck and Berdin

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I believe Jets line up will be stronger now and considerably younger this year.

Gone

Enstrom
Hendrick
Armia

Stastny

In

Roslovic
Petan
Hopefully Niku

Dano
Vesalainen

The only advantage of the gone squad is Stastny vetaran savy skills.

But a bounce back Little on offense can easily replace that.

And if Roslo outs out i believe he will 40 points as middle C. Thats really good.

Lost Armia as PK. But Jets can try Ehlers on the top for pk.

Hendrick .. no comment

Enstrom.. at this time of his career Morrow is probably his equal already. Time to get Niku a shot also.

The key is the C

We have Schief Little Lowry thats great enough C to have Roslo work on his C game. With Copp filling in.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
I believe Jets line up will be stronger now and considerably younger this year.

Gone

Enstrom
Hendrick
Armia

Stastny

In

Roslovic
Petan
Hopefully Niku

Dano
Vesalainen

The only advantage of the gone squad is Stastny vetaran savy skills.

But a bounce back Little on offense can easily replace that.

And if Roslo outs out i believe he will 40 points as middle C. Thats really good.

Lost Armia as PK. But Jets can try Ehlers on the top for pk.

Hendrick .. no comment

Enstrom.. at this time of his career Morrow is probably his equal already. Time to get Niku a shot also.

The key is the C

We have Schief Little Lowry thats great enough C to have Roslo work on his C game. With Copp filling in.
Petan is not suddenly vaulting into a key role on this team
...he is less trusted by Maurice than Dano and there are others pushing ahead of him every year. My feeling is Chevy tried to throw Petan in a trade (instead of Armia) and no one wanted him. I used to be a Petan fan but he is a slow learner....others have been sent down and made adjustments and stuck....he has skill but is a defensive nightmare. Just my thoughts.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Petan is not suddenly vaulting into a key role on this team
...he is less trusted by Maurice than Dano and there are others pushing ahead of him every year. My feeling is Chevy tried to throw Petan in a trade (instead of Armia) and no one wanted him. I used to be a Petan fan but he is a slow learner....others have been sent down and made adjustments and stuck....he has skill but is a defensive nightmare. Just my thoughts.
We will see.

He made the roster last year. He didnt perform due to numerous reasons but he had a short leash, and the whole team sucked that 1st 2 games.

But Dano i don't think is ahead of Petan in the depth chart. Its just you can send Petan down.
We will see this year as he cant be sent down anymore without waiver.

Reactions: GNP and Ippenator

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Laine Scheifele Wheeler 12.7
MP Little Vaseline 10.4
Connor Roslovic Ehlers 7.9m
Copp Lowry Tanev 5.1m
Dano 1m

JMo Trouba 10m
Niku Buff 8.5m
Kuli Myers 10m
Morrow/Chiarot 2.5m

Helle/Brossoit 6.8m

About 75m
About 78.7m with bonuses.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
Laine - sheifele -n Wheelers
lets hope vesalainen starting at 2nd line. but if perverts continues. vesalainen not being player NHL this season.they propably take his confidence and put it at stockboxfarmleague. after this what happen i dont know. armia got never to play highlines despite all tool there. at his case he will be MONSTER somewhere else . but he waited many years and team dont use him despite 1st round.

i got to Dream last night. they got current coach at Winnipeg to Cook and there at the dressing room was heavy Word going on. there was new coach having Words of truth to come for players that all was there. well almost all i remember. this new coach was from foreign finnish country. his name something like Heikka Malenen. there was his name hanging allround wall and roof. now past coach paul was at corner very red in face and Wheelers was with him somehow he not happy and being with paul. there was happiness and new belieft in air i remember i was all laugh. right where i know sheifele put clap on my shoulders passing me in my avgard dress with big smile. laine was like king in room. there was like 10 laine in room and coach and all talk how laine gonna put up great records. suddenly at game and laine putting Point after Point. at audience i remember like all people smiling and having lainesigns. one sign says laine score 5-goal games more than next one hattricks. i remember laine got angry as someplayer taking up ATARI games and such. he grow up. he like HULK this time. i have not see anything of ATARIfriend Ehlers at game or dressing room. i Think he disseapear in trade or anything. also no ..whats his name again? roclovic….no roclovic either...big question what happened to Wheelers? he also disseapeared. Vesalainen got good spot at dressing room and team leader with laine . yes laine better than Lemieux. maybe cutting stick? he like putting all kinds of pucks in goal. crazy many goals and assist. i would say like almost 200 or some every season.

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Comparing 2017 vs 2018 possible starting line up

I believe Jets is a stronger team and a younger team overall.

The only question mark is the left D

Morrow or/Niku if they will step up.
But if they play with Buff that should be ok .

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
My starting lineup would be:

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Roslovic- Laine
Perrault - Little - Appleton
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Niku - Byfuglien
Kulikov - Myers

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Reactions: Jets88

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
My starting lineup would be:

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Roslovic- Laine
Perrault - Little - Appleton
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Niku - Byfuglien
Kulikov - Myers

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Swap Appleton for Petan and put him in the middle.

Perrault - Petan - Little

Niku will not be on the roster to start because you'd have Chiarot, Morrow and Poolman in the press box.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Swap Appleton for Petan and put him in the middle.

Perrault - Petan - Little

Niku will not be on the roster to start because you'd have Chiarot, Morrow and Poolman in the press box.

Petan is not better than Appleton, and Petan certainly won't replace Little down the middle. Swapping Niku for Chiarot is more reasonable but I think the kid is ready for the big show. He won the AHL's best defensemen award in his first season in NA and is a much more valuable offensive option on the blue line than Morrow or Chiarot (if he develops properly that is).

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Petan on 2nd lines? Oh boy.. Dude will clear waivers cuz hes done sweet nothing to date in the nhl... Hes an ahl guy right now. Teams wont pick him up because hes likely not good enough for a team to waste a spot on.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Petan on 2nd lines? Oh boy.. Dude will clear waivers cuz hes done sweet nothing to date in the nhl... Hes an ahl guy right now. Teams wont pick him up because hes likely not good enough for a team to waste a spot on.

No question he'd be picked up.
I still think he can replace Perreault at a fraction of the cost. There's never been a real fit having both players in the lineup. The Jets can't afford MP's caphit beyond next summer.

Last edited:

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Laine Scheifele Wheeler 12.7
MP Little Vaseline 10.4
Connor Roslovic Ehlers 7.9m
Copp Lowry Tanev 5.1m
Dano 1m

JMo Trouba 10m
Niku Buff 8.5m
Kuli Myers 10m
Morrow/Chiarot 2.5m

Helle/Brossoit 6.8m

About 75m
About 78.7m with bonuses.

That's exactly the lineup I would go with.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Petan is not better than Appleton, and Petan certainly won't replace Little down the middle. Swapping Niku for Chiarot is more reasonable but I think the kid is ready for the big show. He won the AHL's best defensemen award in his first season in NA and is a much more valuable offensive option on the blue line than Morrow or Chiarot (if he develops properly that is).

Petan is a PPG player in the AHL and Appleton completely fell off after Roslovic left for the Jets. Petan drives the play and Appleton was more of a product of the players he played with.

I don't disagree with Niku being ready for the NHL but the Jets wouldn't risk losing one of Chiarot, Morrow or Poolman on waivers just to keep Niku up.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018

Fortunately for Jets fans you're wrong.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Petan Little Wheeler
Perrault schiefele Laine
Connor Roslovic Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev

Just threw it out there for discussion.

Opening Day line up is up in the air so far in terms of forward.

The only clear spots so far

Xxxxx Schiefele xxxxx
Xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx
Xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx
Copp Lowry Tanev

Rest interchangable

Locked in players
Little
Wheeler
Laine
Ehlers
Connor
Perrault

2 spots not locked in

Fighting for that 2 spots plus 1 pressbox

Roslovic
Petan
Dano

Lemiuex
Vesalainen

Long shots

Appleton
Spacek

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Petan is a PPG player in the AHL and Appleton completely fell off after Roslovic left for the Jets. Petan drives the play and Appleton was more of a product of the players he played with.

I don't disagree with Niku being ready for the NHL but the Jets wouldn't risk losing one of Chiarot, Morrow or Poolman on waivers just to keep Niku up.
If you went to any Moose games youd know that your argument about Appleton being a product of Roslovic is completely dishonest. I went to over a dozen this year and he drove the play in the offensive zone every single time I watched him. Appleton also took home AHLs best rookie award and Petan is playing his 3rd year of pro hockey already.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
If you went to any Moose games youd know that your argument about Appleton being a product of Roslovic is completely dishonest. I went to over a dozen this year and he drove the play in the offensive zone every single time I watched him. Appleton also took home AHLs best rookie award and Petan is playing his 3rd year of pro hockey already.

Petan is an NHL caliber player playing in the AHL due to the depth of the Jets.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad