Line Combos: 2018-2019 Starting Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Here is who I think should be on the roster and then who I think the Jets will pick...if you don't see his name, he has been traded.
Ehlers Scheif Laine
KC Little Wheeler
MP Roslo Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev/Lemieux

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Kuli Poolman
Morrow Chiarot

Helle Mason

Chevy's and Maurice's...
KC Scheif Wheeler
MP Little Armia
Ehlers Stastny Laine
Copp Lowry Tanev
Petan

JMO Trouba
Niku Buff
Kuli Poolman/Chiarot
Morrow

Helle Mason

If Niku doesn't make it out of TC, he will be on the roster before the season ends.
There is no doubt in my mind that Roslo makes the team.
I think Chevy trades Myers and maybe one of Armia/Copp/Tanev.
I would like to see him deal Lemieux and Dano.
I'm probably wrong on 15-20%!!!

Reactions: Halberdier

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I'll have a little bit of fun with this...

Connor Scheif Wheeler
Ehlers Toews Laine ;)
Tanev Roslo Armia
Perreault Lowry Lemieux

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Morrow Chiarot

Helle Mason

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
My hopes:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Roslovic Wheeler
Vesalainen Little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
(Ian)Cole Byfuglien
Niku Poolman

Maurice’s type of lineup/ more realistic:

Perreault Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Connor Hendricks Armia
Copp Lowry Roslovic/Tanev

Chiarot Byfuglien
Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Myers

Reactions: Halberdier

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
My hopes:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Roslovic Wheeler
Vesalainen Little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
(Ian)Cole Byfuglien
Niku Poolman

Ehlers Little Laine
Connor Hendricks Armia

Chiarot Byfuglien
Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Myers

In no way is that lineup "more realistic"

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
My hopes:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Roslovic Wheeler
Vesalainen Little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
(Ian)Cole Byfuglien
Niku Poolman

Ehlers Little Laine
Connor Hendricks Armia

Chiarot Byfuglien
Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Myers
I can't see Connor Chef and Wheeler being broken up. That is Mo's bread and butter. Perrault is stuck on that 3rd line. I imagine,
CSW
ELL
PRA
CLT

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
How people haven’t figured out that splitting up Ehlers and Laine is what is likely best, i don’t know.

Because Ehlers has been one of the best 5v5 Scorers on the team all season. When will people realize that Laine and Ehlers both have played less than 150 minutes than Wheeler and Ehlers hasn’t seen the #1 PowerPlay Unit... Ehlers and Laine are fine, it’s finding a Center for them and giving them 5v5 minutes, while Ehlers overall scoring will naturally be smaller because of the PowerPlay and his limited minutes and qaulity powerplay linemates is what the issue is. I’m sure if you put Laine and Ehlers on the wing of Scheifele while giving them 19mpg and replace Stastny with Ehlers on the PP#1 we are talking about a full line of 90pt players... I just hope if Maurice opts out of using ESL for another year than I hope Little gets redemption for his horrible season last year or Roslovic proves to be a really good 2C who can naturally improve Laine and Ehlers 5v5 stats.

Reactions: Jets2point0

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
How people haven’t figured out that splitting up Ehlers and Laine is what is likely best, i don’t know.

Because Ehlers has been one of the best 5v5 Scorers on the team all season. When will people realize that Laine and Ehlers both have played less than 150 minutes than Wheeler and Ehlers hasn’t seen the #1 PowerPlay Unit... Ehlers and Laine are fine, it’s finding a Center for them and giving them 5v5 minutes, while Ehlers overall scoring will naturally be smaller because of the PowerPlay and his limited minutes and qaulity powerplay linemates is what the issue is. I’m sure if you put Laine and Ehlers on the wing of Scheifele while giving them 19mpg and replace Stastny with Ehlers on the PP#1 we are talking about a full line of 90pt players... I just hope if Maurice opts out of using ESL for another year than I hope Little gets redemption for his horrible season last year or Roslovic proves to be a really good 2C who can naturally improve Laine and Ehlers 5v5 stats.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Connor Shief Laine
Ehlers Litts Wheels
French Rosy Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

also man what a season we had i feel like i cant wait until oct already we had such a special team hope things come together again 2019 champs

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I think it's the right time for Perreault to be moving on. He's an inevitable cap casualty in one year's time. For next season I'd rather see the $ devoted to a stop-gap C... maybe even a wing who adds a different element to the forward group.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think it's the right time for Perreault to be moving on. He's an inevitable cap casualty in one year's time. For next season I'd rather see the $ devoted to a stop-gap C... maybe even a wing who adds a different element to the forward group.
Perrault does add something if Roslo is used as a center. He is a much more reliable two way player than any of the young guys so makes it easier for a rookie center to be broken in without having to cover for as many mistakes. Ehlers, Laine and Connor did have some bad turnovers.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’d like to see Laine, Ehlers and Connor on separate lines. Spread out the shooters..
Schiefle is not a shooter? He did lead the team in goals in the playoffs and has no problem putting the puck on the net. Whoever gets 3rd line gets less playing time so it is a bit of a waste.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Schiefle is not a shooter? He did lead the team in goals in the playoffs and has no problem putting the puck on the net. Whoever gets 3rd line gets less playing time so it is a bit of a waste.

Off course Shuffles is a shooter! I figured that was obvious. The reason I didn’t mention him is because no one else is close to pushing for his 1C role. The wingers are interchangeable, Centers not so much.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Say we don't sign Stastny.

But as of right now:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Roslovic-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Morrow-Chiarot

Hellebuyck
Mason

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

But as of right now:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Roslovic-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Morrow-Chiarot

Hellebuyck
Mason
Nope. Not that I don't think they shouldn't try to groom Rosie as a center, but no way they do it with him having to be the defensive conscience for Ehlers and Laine. The line would play whole shifts in their own end. Also no way the put Lowry on the the 4th line wing when they use him as the primary shutdown player against other teams top offensive lines. Niku isn't starting in the top 4 and if they have 5 LHD under contract he likely starts in the A. Other than that you are pretty close.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Nope. Not that I don't think they shouldn't try to groom Rosie as a center, but no way they do it with him having to be the defensive conscience for Ehlers and Laine. The line would play whole shifts in their own end. Also no way the put Lowry on the the 4th line wing when they use him as the primary shutdown player against other teams top offensive lines. Niku isn't starting in the top 4 and if they have 5 LHD under contract he likely starts in the A. Other than that you are pretty close.

I truly think Roslovic will be a better fit there than Little, he is a good playmaker and has the defensive game that would work in favour of Ehlers/Laine/Connor.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I truly think Roslovic will be a better fit there than Little, he is a good playmaker and has the defensive game that would work in favour of Ehlers/Laine/Connor.
Way too much defensive responsibility for a young player with limited NHL games. The Jets focus defense first and being required to provide down low defensive support with Ehlers and Laine would stagnate Rosie's offense. Everyone likes to kick around Little but he was given a tough task and sacrificed a lot of offense cleaning things up defensively. I'd be much more inclined to separate Scheif and Wheeler and Laine and Ehlers and develop Rosie at the #3 C against easier matchups.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
My hopes:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Roslovic Wheeler
Vesalainen Little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
(Ian)Cole Byfuglien
Niku Poolman

Ehlers Little Laine
Connor Hendricks Armia

Chiarot Byfuglien
Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Myers
I forgot all about Cole.
I wonder how much he would sign for and if he would sign a two year deal?

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

I agree. They are not the best fit for one another. The only line I've seen those two really get it going and be a consistent power line was with Scheifele in the middle. Even last year there were plenty of ups and downs and despite of Little being pretty terrible link in between, I think if the two of them really shared some real chemistry, they would have at least every once in a while get it going even with Little. So unless it's ESL from the 16-17 (only this time with Laine on the left and Ehlers on the right), I'd say break them up. Both are natural scorers and despite of being best friends irl they really don't seem like the perfect fit nor do they seem to think the game the same way.

Laine - Scheifele - Perreault
Ehlers - Roslovic - Wheelers
Connor - Little - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Not sure if Connor can play RW and I prefer Laine on the left so this is why Perreault. Here Perreault and Ehlers could be interchangeable.

Or

Connor - Scheifele - Ehlers
Laine - Roslovic - Wheelers
Perreault - Little - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Balanced lines with 1a/1b type of setup with top six being consistent scoring threat no matter which line you rolled. While spread, they'd be difficult to contain.

What I don't want to see is Scheifele & Wheelers or Laine & Ehlers, due to knowing Maurice the first line would eat majority of the ice time again, leaving Laine and co with 16 min / game which at this point would be sheer stupidity. Laine and Ehlers on the other hand haven't shown enough consistency and that's a major concern. Of course both avenues would require Roslovic to be ready for second line center duties. I think he just might be. Roslo looked very good 17-18 already and could be just one great summer away from being able to do the necessary dirty work and heavy lifting. With Wheelers by his side, that could release some of the burden as well and he would need less sheltering.

Maurice was entirely unwilling to experiment with the expense of Scheifele & Wheeler tandem last year and I'm somewhat hesitant to entertain the thought of him coming around. While many of the top teams have already been focusing on utilizing depth and spreading minutes, Maurice seems a bit old school and I think this was the one major weakness in his game plan that eventually wore out the top line in the playoffs. Nevermind them being inconsistent in their own zone. Why not get the most out of this depth once is there?

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
In no way is that lineup "more realistic"

Why not? Maurice is as stubborn coach as it gets and pretty good success last season tells him he doesn't need to any changes (and still he will win nothing).

Okay, I guess Hendricks is probably gone for good, even though he is a nice guy and plays smart. Just way too slow, sorry.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018

But as of right now:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Roslovic-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Morrow-Chiarot