Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I haven't seen this posted anywhere Sens-related, but looks like the rookie tournament will be held in Laval Sept. 7-9. Only 3 teams. Ottawa plays Montreal on the 7th in the evening, and Toronto the 8th at 3pm. Could be a simple one night road trip for anyone interested.

NHL Rookie Showdown 2018

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I can't help but see some Spezza and some Getzlaf on some of those passes and goals. His technicals and understanding of the game is excellent. His reach is ridiculous.

If he learns how to use his size against NHL defenders, we very well could have a 1C.

Tkachuck-Brown is going to be an incredible line.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I can't help but see some Spezza and some Getzlaf on some of those passes and goals. His technicals and understanding of the game is excellent. His reach is ridiculous.

If he learns how to use his size against NHL defenders, we very well could have a 1C.

Batherson-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Formenton-Pageau-Chlapik

is what I hope in 2 years, could be a really great Top-9. Just need the money

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Batherson-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Formenton-Pageau-Chlapik

is what I hope in 2 years, could be a really great Top-9. Just need the money

In two years, half of those guys will be on ELCs and Chlapik + White should be pretty low, too (fresh off ELC). That top 9 could cost less than 30m.

Add Nurmi on the 4th line, too.

Batherson (.9m)-Duchene (8m) -Stone (9m)
Tkachuk(.9m)-Brown (.9m)-White (3m)
Formenton (.9m) -Pageau (4m)-Chlapik (2m)
Add Ryan in there somewhere...

Chabot (5.5m) - Karlsson (12m)
Wolanin (2m) - Ceci (4.5m)
Boro (1.2m) - Jaros (1.5m)

No goalies on the books.... you could easily fill that lineup out for under 70 mil, though. These 16 players come in at 63.55m and I'd be surprised if anyone gets an extension at a higher total than what I designated here.

I think I'd switch forms and white, but it'd be pretty cool if they all pan out/stay

Formenton will be a LW for sure, imo. Batherson could/will likely be on the right side.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
In two years, half of those guys will be on ELCs and Chlapik + White should be pretty low, too (fresh off ELC). That top 9 could cost less than 30m.

Add Nurmi on the 4th line, too.

Batherson (.9m)-Duchene (8m) -Stone (9m)
Tkachuk(.9m)-Brown (.9m)-White (3m)
Formenton (.9m) -Pageau (4m)-Chlapik (2m)
Add Ryan in there somewhere...

Chabot (5.5m) - Karlsson (12m)
Wolanin (2m) - Ceci (4.5m)
Boro (1.2m) - Jaros (1.5m)

No goalies on the books.... you could easily fill that lineup out for under 70 mil, though. These 16 players come in at 63.55m and I'd be surprised if anyone gets an extension at a higher total than what I designated here..

Oh yeah easily, when young players will be due for significant raises, other veterans will come off the books (Ryan for example) and on top of that, the salary cap will continue to raise so in the end it’s all a question about ownership having the finances to run a NHL franchise properly. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens regarding that but IMO with the young guys coming up, if they can keep a core of Stone, Duchene, Karlsson, Chabot, Pageau and maybe even Dzingel, they’ll be in a very good position to compete for years

If they can’t retain the 3 main guys, that would have been such a great missed opportunity

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Spezza - Neil was tried several times by several coaches. Never worked

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Spezza - Neil was tried several times by several coaches. Never worked
That's because none of them played Neil at Center

tenor.gif

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I expect that if EK & a number of others are traded that a few of the players returning in these trades should make this team better & hopefully a couple of them will be elite players for Ottawa.

Formenton - Brown - Stone
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Luchuk - Chlapik - Nurmi
Novak - Paul - Gagne/McCormick

Chabot - JBD
Wolanin - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros/Englund

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Mandolese

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I expect that if EK & a number of others are traded that a few of the players returning in these trades should make this team better & hopefully a couple of them will be elite players for Ottawa.

Formenton - Brown - Stone
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Luchuk - Chlapik - Nurmi
Novak - Paul - Gagne/McCormick

Chabot - JBD
Wolanin - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros/Englund

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Mandolese

Gross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad