Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Reactions: jehkob and aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Was very impressed with Raymond last night. Their line kept Sweden afloat last night imo.

Raymond had another strong game. "Everybody loves Raymond". Broberg has had a good tournament.. A D 2019 eligible not even on several early 1st round lists .. He will likely be rising up.. Best D for Sweden at the tourny imo. Soderstrom was injured but still Broberg played really well.

Reactions: jehkob

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
R
Raymond had another strong game. "Everybody loves Raymond". Broberg has had a good tournament.. A D 2019 eligible not even on several early 1st round lists .. He will likely be rising up.. Best D for Sweden at the tourny imo. Soderstrom was injured but still Broberg played really well.
Raymond is a great skater.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I find the criticism of Brown's lack of in-tight goals odd given his playing style. He's a play making centre who is going to work the wall and find teammates in front, thats where he will thrive.

Some people see his size and think he should be playing more of a power game. I'd like if he did that a little bit, but he obviously doesn't "play his size" and people need to get over that. I think the kid will be a lightning rod for criticism in Ottawa because of this though.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Some people see his size and think he should be playing more of a power game. I'd like if he did that a little bit, but he obviously doesn't "play his size" and people need to get over that. I think the kid will be a lightning rod for criticism in Ottawa because of this though.

Same people who hated Spezza will hate Brown. Even if Brown puts up 90 points like Spezza.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Same people who hated Spezza will hate Brown. Even if Brown puts up 90 points like Spezza.

He's the obvious comparison for sure. Tough to say he'll get as much cristicism as Spezza who was the whipping boy here for long time, but he may be close if he doesn't develop some kind of mean streak. I was a huge Spezza fan and am on record with being very high on Brown, I can just anticipate the vitriol from (at least a part of) the fan base for his style of game.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

Let Tkachuk and White play the power/cycle game and let Brown be the set-up man. Have each compliment each others styles. Players can evolve their game but enough of trying to fit the square piece into the rectangular mold.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
toss Duchene with Tkachuk i feel like that would be a great duo

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Let Tkachuk and White play the power/cycle game and let Brown be the set-up man. Have each compliment each others styles. Players can evolve their game but enough of trying to fit the square piece into the rectangular mold.
Would love to see that line.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Pronman is doing his farm system rankings, this is the bottom 17:

15. Arizona Coyotes
16. Dallas Stars
17. San Jose Sharks
18. Minnesota Wild
19. Toronto Maple Leafs
20. New Jersey Devils
21. Colorado Avalanche
22. Edmonton Oilers
23. Pittsburgh Penguins
24. Anaheim Ducks
25. Columbus Blue Jackets
26. Nashville Predators
27. Boston Bruins
28. Winnipeg Jets
29. Calgary Flames
30. Tampa Bay Lightning
31. Washington Capitals

Kinda disappointed we haven't been ranked yet because I want Sens content, but mostly happy because its one of those weird lists where the higher number isn't actually good.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
From Twitter user @Ziggy_14, production charts for Gregor MacLeod (participated in Dev Camp and will participate in the rookie tournament) and Batherson:

Dkk_xZhVsAAtjdf.jpg

Dkk0X4oUwAI2GE9.jpg

Full thread here:

Reactions: Karlstrobe

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Pronman is doing his farm system rankings, this is the bottom 17:

15. Arizona Coyotes
16. Dallas Stars
17. San Jose Sharks
18. Minnesota Wild
19. Toronto Maple Leafs
20. New Jersey Devils
21. Colorado Avalanche
22. Edmonton Oilers
23. Pittsburgh Penguins
24. Anaheim Ducks
25. Columbus Blue Jackets
26. Nashville Predators
27. Boston Bruins
28. Winnipeg Jets
29. Calgary Flames
30. Tampa Bay Lightning
31. Washington Capitals

Kinda disappointed we haven't been ranked yet because I want Sens content, but mostly happy because its one of those weird lists where the higher number isn't actually good.
I have a feeling he's going to have us around 11 or 12. Pronman really values gamebreakers over depth and our pool thrives on depth currently. Still a great place though.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I have a feeling he's going to have us around 11 or 12. Pronman really values gamebreakers over depth and our pool thrives on depth currently. Still a great place though.

Ended up 13. His notes on each prospect were very fair. He wasn't really feeling White anymore. It was also interesting how high he had Tychonick (9)

No mention of Lajoie, I liked what I saw last year at camp, didnt really follow him much after that

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Not sure about White dropping, likely has more to do with the amount of time he missed VS his actual potential.
This will be a big year for White. Needs to cement himself as a top 6 forward.

He looked really good in camp, before he broke his arm, and produced at almost an identical rate as Chlapik in both the AHL and the NHL last year, so it's hard for me to rationalize ranking Chlapik as higher.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Interesting, Pronman ranked Tkachuk ahead of Chabot in our U-23 rankings. Pronman had Chabot ranked as the #11 prospect and #2 D prospect in the world last year.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
White and Chlapik had almost identical pro numbers, but Chlapik is the higher rated one and has the better upside?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
White and Chlapik had almost identical pro numbers, but Chlapik is the higher rated one and has the better upside?

I noted it in the Bsens thread through out the year last season, Chlapik was impressive in Belleville. Putting numbers aside, Chlapik thrived at driving the play, didn't see too much of that from White. How that translates to the next level is still up in the air. I think both are really close in terms of ability and potential but are very different players.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I noted it in the Bsens thread through out the year last season, Chlapik was impressive in Belleville. Putting numbers aside, Chlapik thrived at driving the play, didn't see too much of that from White. How that translates to the next level is still up in the air. I think both are really close in terms of ability and potential but are very different players.
I remember Pronman commenting on Chlapik later in the year last year. He was impressed when he saw him.. In the end these rankings are fun,. but it will matter what happens on the ice.. I think the Worlds last spring gave White a bit of a confidence boost. The competition for a few spots will be stiff. I think White gets a chance if he's healthy because of his 2 way play.. whatever .. you have to take advantage of the opportunity and if he struggles other guys will want to take his place.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad