Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Raymond Holtz.... Raymond Holt...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tony Tony Chopper

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Holtz and Raymond , two 2020 NHL draft eligibles playing for Sweden as underagers at the Hlinka are both excellent. In the 2nd period right now on TSN
I've already given up on 2019 prospects and am looking ahead to 2020. Holtz and Lafreniere are in a league of their own compared to their historical cohorts. Will be nice go get one if them in 2 years!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I've already given up on 2019 prospects and am looking ahead to 2020. Holtz and Lafreniere are in a league of their own compared to their historical cohorts. Will be nice go get one if them in 2 years!
Those 2 are the front runners right now for sure. Raymond outplayed Holtz yesterday.. but you can definitely see why Holtz is getting the hype. I think we will end up with a 2019 1st before the year is out.. but it will likely be in the bottom half.. 2019 has good depth , if we manage a mid round pick , it will be a good player.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Those 2 are the front runners right now for sure. Raymond outplayed Holtz yesterday.. but you can definitely see why Holtz is getting the hype.
Does Holtz remind you stylistically at all of Ovechkin or a prime Semin? The way he attacks defenders at the blue line when he had the puck is phenomenal. He creates space in the OZ so well.

I have to watch Raymond play more I haven't seen any of the Hlinka so I think I've seen him only a few times.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does Holtz remind you stylistically at all of Ovechkin or a prime Semin? The way he attacks defenders at the blue line when he had the puck is phenomenal. He creates space in the OZ so well.

I have to watch Raymond play more I haven't seen any of the Hlinka so I think I've seen him only a few times.

Can I vote none of the above. for now. I will need to watch him more. He is touted as a goal scorer, but I don't think its in Ovechkin /Laine style. Sweden vs Switzerland today at 5 so get another chance to see them.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Byfield is the closest thing to Lindros since Lindros, he's going to be a franchise level guy.

Scary to think he is 6-4, 220 at 15 and skates like the wind.

Have you had any chances to see him play? He is not at the Hlinka .. is he injured? / I guess next year will be his time to be there.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Have you had any chances to see him play? He is not at the Hlinka .. is he injured? / I guess next year will be his time to be there.
Well he wouldn't be at the U-18 yet as he hasn't even hit his 16 year old season yet (same as Lafreniere last year). He will be front and centre at next year's Hlinka, and likely at this years IIHF U-18 depending on Sudbury. He's one of the youngest in his draft class, which is scary looking at his physical stature.

I saw him play 1 time live as a 14 year old while watching Newhook and Budgell play at the OHL cup (coincided with a work trip, luckily) , and have the videos from this past years OHL cup for watching another guy on the YSE roster

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Can I vote none of the above. for now. I will need to watch him more. He is touted as a goal scorer, but I don't think its in Ovechkin /Laine style. Sweden vs Switzerland today at 5 so get another chance to see them.
I don't mean overall style but just as how they attack the blue line with the puck on their stick. A 22 year old Ovi skating thru the NZ against defenders was the most terrifying thing and I see a lot of similarities just in how Holtz attacks defenders. Holtz is more of a finesse player in general in my opinion though.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Byfield is the closest thing to Lindros since Lindros, he's going to be a franchise level guy.

Scary to think he is 6-4, 220 at 15 and skates like the wind.
Sudbury will be very good in 2 years. I'm excited to see how he performs as a rookie. I've seen some people say he's going to struggle against guys that can compete with him physically but I think he's such a good skater that his skills will still shine thru.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Trent Mann and Sens scouts taking in Hlinka... Being interviewed in the intermission right now

Good interview... Good guy , straight shooter, competent

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Trent Mann and Sens scouts taking in Hlinka... Being interviewed in the intermission right now

Good interview... Good guy , straight shooter, competent
Looking forward to see what impact he has on Belleville and our farm system. Couldn't be much worst than the last 2 years tbh..

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
So what prospects actually have a chance to crack the roster this up coming fall?

And shouldn't we be getting some dates for the rookie tourney and whatnot pretty soon?

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
So what prospects actually have a chance to crack the roster this up coming fall?

And shouldn't we be getting some dates for the rookie tourney and whatnot pretty soon?
Brown, White, Chlapik, Batherson are the guys who probably have the best chance. I'd say Brown & White are locks but I know a lot of people here want Brown to spend time in the AHL.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I say White and Chlapik are locks since they already had games up here and already played in the AHL.

Brown is the next closest thing to being a lock, he could get the White/Chlapik treatment from last year, up and down from AHL to NHL.

Batherson is a wild one, I can ses him coming and dominating camp and forcing himself in or looking like a fringe guy in which they put him in the AHL.

Formenton since he can't go to the pros, can see him get those 9 tryout games to propel him to have a monster junior year and a world juniors.

My dark horses on players stealing a spot from someone is Jaros outperforming Harpur, and Gagne outperforming someone in the bottom 6, Max Mccormick maybe.

If nothing changes (trades, signings)

Dzingel - Duchene - White
Boedker - Brown - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Ryan
Paarvi - Chlapik - Pyatt
McCormick/Gagne/Paul

Chabot - Karlsson
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
Harpur/Jaros

We have too many forwards and not enough spots for the young guys to come in to take a spot. We need to make space for them and dump a Smith and/or Pyatt and replace them with someone cheaper, their trades can be towards someone equivalent to bolster the defense depth which seems to be lacking.

Also Gaborik lol.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't mean overall style but just as how they attack the blue line with the puck on their stick. A 22 year old Ovi skating thru the NZ against defenders was the most terrifying thing and I see a lot of similarities just in how Holtz attacks defenders. Holtz is more of a finesse player in general in my opinion though.

Holtz can definitely fire the puck. He rang 2 off the post and ripped one in last night. Definitely has power. Raymond is quicker and niftier. He looked good again as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad