Paul - Montrey - Nurmi/Kelly

Chabot - Bergman
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Englund
Tychonik - Docker

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Mandolese

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Formenton still 18! Forgot he was the youngest kid drafted last year...he still has lots of room for growth and may well be a huge surprise.

Also Batherson at 20 - I forgot he was an over-age pick but he is my dark horse to be a solid impact player in 2018-2019...not sure if in Bingo or in Ottawa yet though ;) Most likely both.

As stunned as I was by not picking Zadina this is the most exciting and optimistic time of year so let's imagine what may be for a while...

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Is Brady Tkachuk our best prospect now? Or do you guys have Brown ahead of him?

Personally I still like Browns upside alot more. While I think Tkachuk is more likely to reach his potential

Torso9000

Aug 12, 2011

Nice to see them inviting players that were passed over in the draft that could potentially be guys that would warrant a contract offer like with Kelly last year. Much prefer to invite more guys like this and Pius Suter to dev camp than the Michael Babcock, Alex Wideman, and other little brother/family member types that they've typically invited over the years.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
With that lineup, I expect us to absolutely destroy people. That is a pretty stacked top 3 lines for a development camp...and even the D has great depth. Here's hoping everyone lives up to the hype.

Reactions: Icelevel

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I think Tkachuk, JBD, and Tycho are all NHLers, with John Gruden with the potential for more than a few cups of tea at the very least. I am intrugued by Mandolese's size and agility - his current stats irrelevant as he supposedly has no defence infront of him.

Tkachuk has the ability to be a bonafide star winger. Not one that scores a lot of goals (compared to Zadina) but does everything well. Total package Lex Luger. More tools in his toolbox than Zadina's (the best goalscorer from this draft class).

JBD-Tycho have immense 2nd pairing potential. With a good UND program recruiting them, this bodes very well for the Sens future. They immediately take 1-2 spots in Sens defensive prospect rankings.

Tkachuk is my undisputed #1 prospect in the Sens system.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
The Prospects:

Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Luchuk - White - Gagne
Formenton - Chlapik - Sturtz
Paul - Montrey - Nurmi/Kelly

Chabot - Bergman
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Englund
Tychonik - Docker

Gustavsson - Hogberg/Mandolese

I wouldn't call Chabot a prospect anymore. After playing basically all year in Ottawa, he is an NHLer now.

Also would be shocked if he will be at Dev camp/rookie tourny.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Northern Ontario kid. Big Boy. Overager last year played in the Q.

Ottawa could use a few more RWers in their org but they could especially use a top line RW prospect.

This is the first time since Ottawa's first draft that they actually drafted I guy I wanted with their first overall. It only took 27 yrs or so, that's steadfast & determination, he'll be a beauty. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa could use a few more RWers in their org but they could especially use a top line RW prospect.

This is the first time since Ottawa's first draft that they actually drafted I guy I wanted with their first overall. It only took 27 yrs or so, that's steadfast & determination, he'll be a beauty. :laugh:

It was just a list of prospects nothing else & I agree Chabot is probably a full time NHLer now.

I'm guessing that Tkachuck may go back to BU to play next season since he already has one yr there & could use another yr of development. Since NCAA guys can't play in the rookie tournament none of them will be playing in it this yr & Ottawa will probably go with a few invitees. I do expect the goalies to be Gustavsson, Hollette & Mandolese though. This would be my guess as to who will play in the rookie tournament this yr although I rarely get the lineup right. Also not sure if Nurmi stays over after the development camp to play in Belleville or returns to Sweden. Could also be other DC invitees who are also invited to play in the rookie tournament.

Rookie Tournament
Perron - White - Batherson
Luchuk - Brown - Sturtz
Kelly - Chlapik - Gagne
Formenton - Moutrey - Nurmi/Lynch

Lajoie - Bergman
Wolanin - Jaros
Englund - Stewart/invitee

Gustavsson - Hollette/Mandolese

Reactions: ErikBrannstrom

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wouldn't call Chabot a prospect anymore. After playing basically all year in Ottawa, he is an NHLer now.

Also would be shocked if he will be at Dev camp/rookie tourny.

We know that but Chabot has 64 NHL games and the HF benchmark for a prospect (skaters) eligibility is 65 games (and we always went with the HF criterias). So we can still list him in our prospect pool and it will look golden lol!
Makes it a very interesting debate at top too. Tiers should look like that IMO.

Chabot vs Brown vs Tkachuk

Batherson vs White vs Chlapik vs Formenton vs Gustavsson

Tychonick vs JBD vs Jaros vs Wolanin vs Gruden vs Harpur

Gagne vs Perron vs Paul vs Lajoie vs Hogberg vs Bergman vs Summers vs Wikstrand (should we rank him?)

Englund vs Nurmi vs Luchuk vs Crookshank vs Mandolese vs etc

The top-25 is going to be the best we ever had IMO. I think I would like to run the polls this summer, unless the guy who has done it the last few years is active and wants to do them

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anybody want to take a run at our prospect depth chart?

1. Tkachuk
2. Brown
3. White
4. Batherson
5. Formenton
6. Bernard-Docker
7. Tychonick
8. Chlapik
9. Jaros
10. Bergman
11. Lajoie
12. Gagne
--> Summers goes here!
13. Gruden
14. Englund

Goalies:
1. Gustavsson
2. Hogberg
3. Mandolese
4. Daccord
5. Hollett

I'm probably missing someone..Crap, Summers... ok added him in. Didn't give this a ton of though, if I had to incorporate the goalies, Gus slides in around Formenton, Hogberg and Mandolese around Jaros, and Daccord and Hollett get tacked on the end.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
We know that but Chabot has 64 NHL games and the HF benchmark for a prospect (skaters) eligibility is 65 games (and we always went with the HF criterias). So we can still list him in our prospect pool and it will look golden lol!
Makes it a very interesting debate at top too. Tiers should look like that IMO.

Chabot vs Brown vs Tkachuk

Batherson vs White vs Chlapik vs Formenton vs Gustavsson

Tychonick vs JBD vs Jaros vs Wolanin vs Gruden vs Harpur

Gagne vs Perron vs Paul vs Lajoie vs Hogberg vs Bergman vs Summers vs Wikstrand (should we rank him?)

Englund vs Nurmi vs Luchuk vs Crookshank vs Mandolese vs etc

The top-25 is going to be the best we ever had IMO. I think I would like to run the polls this summer, unless the guy who has done it the last few years is active and wants to do them

I'm the guy that's been running them the past few years, but I have no problem with you taking over.

I'm not a big fan of having Chabot in the poll. I know the cutoff is 65 games, but if the guy's played 64 games, he's probably not a prospect anymore. If you want to add him to the poll, you obviously can. I'm just throwing in my two cents.

Also, I'd recommend starting the polls towards the end of dev camp so that we have a better read of some prospects and in case we get some prospects in a trade.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad