Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Batherson is going to be one of my favorite players with Stone and Karlsson. He might even challenge for the 1st spot

I know it’s been talked ad nauseam but even if Lazar spent 4 years in the minors, it wouldn’t have changed the outcome : he is a bottom-6 forward. His problem was more that he was hyped to be more so he didn’t meet expectations; it hurt his confidence

And to be fair the 2013 draft was a strong one and it seemed like they were trying to follow suit with Lazar.

How do you get drafted that high and have that little promise to play in the NHL?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Rookie camp intrasquad games? or does that kill their college eligibility? I thought they could pay their own way but couldn't participate in games that involved players from other teams.

Wouldn't their college preseason or training camp have started by then? I know junior squads are ok with their kids going to pro camps during training camp...not sure how the colleges feel about that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think there are a handful of guys who have a shot at training camp this yr to make the roster & some of them can start by having a great rookie tournament. Brown, White, Batherson, Chlapik, Tkachuk, Harpur, Wolanin, Jaros & maybe Englund should all have an opportunity to make the roster this yr. Chabot will be on the roster for sure & IMO Formenton will be returned to junior since he can't be sent to the AHL yet.

The rookie tournament roster should be interesting this yr, this is a guess at the lineup. I assume the roster is not out yet? My guess is that if D'Astous is invited he could get a contract out of this invite if he performs well that is. He's got good size & seems to have been able to put up some decent stats in junior.

Formenton - Brown - Stutz
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Tambellini - Kelly - Jordan (invited)
Scarfo - Burzan (invited) - Nurmi ???/Gagne ??? /Leier

Lajoie - Jaros
D'Astous (invite) - Bergman
Aspirot - Lyle (invite)/Stewart (invite)

Gustavsson - Hollett/Mandolese (Hogberg probably does not need to attend this yr)

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The rookie tournament roster should be interesting this yr, this is a guess at the lineup. I assume the roster is not out yet? My guess is that if D'Astous is invited he could get a contract out of this invite if he performs well that is. He's got good size & seems to have been able to put up some decent stats in junior.

Formenton - Brown - Stutz
Tambellini - Kelly - Jordan (invited)
Scarfo - Burzan (invited) - Nurmi ???/Gagne ??? /Leier

Lajoie - Jaros
D'Astous (invite) - Bergman
Aspirot - Lyle (invite)/Stewart (invite)

Gustavsson - Hollett/Mandolese (Hogberg probably does not need to attend this yr)

This is probably pretty close.

I think Chlapik and Wolanin will be there given that they were at development camp.
Zach Jordan can't attend because he's a collegiate player.
Tambellini isn't eligible due to having completed his ELC.
Nurmi won't be there - preseason/camp will have already begun in Finland.
Gregor MacLeod has been invited.

So maybe something like:

Formenton-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Gagne
Luchuk-Chlapik-Sturtz
Kelly-Burzan-Leier
Scarfo
Perron (?)
MacLeod

Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-Lyle
D'Astous-Stewart
Aspirot

Gustavsson
Hogberg
Hollett
Mandolese

Will be hard to get all the goalies some playing time given it's only 2 games this year. Some teams play 5 or 6 games.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Senators invite 27 players to 2018 rookie camp and tournament

The Senators' 2018 rookie tournament roster:
Goaltenders:
Filip Gustavsson (Luleå - SHL, Belleville - AHL), Jordan Hollett (Medicine Hat - WHL), Kevin Mandolese (Cape Breton - QMJHL).

Defencemen:
Jonathan Aspirot (Moncton - QMJHL), Charles-Edouard D'Astous (Rimouski - QMJHL), Macoy Erkamps (Brampton - ECHL, Belleville - AHL), Christian Jaros (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Maxime Lajoie (Brampton - ECHL, Belleville - AHL), Brady Lyle (North Bay - OHL, Owen Sound - OHL), Nicolas Mattinen (Flint - OHL, Hamilton - OHL), Chase Stewart (Rimouski - QMJHL), Christian Wolanin (North Dakota - NCHC, Ottawa - NHL).

Forwards:
Drake Batherson (Cape Breton - QMJHL, Blainville-Boisbriand - QMJHL), Logan Brown (Windsor - OHL, Kitchener - OHL, Ottawa - NHL), Luka Burzan (Moose Jaw - WHL, Brandon - WHL), Filip Chlapik (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Alex Formenton (London - OHL, Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Parker Kelly (Prince Albert - WHL, Belleville - AHL), Boston Leier (Acadia - AUS, Belleville - AHL), Aaron Luchuk (Windsor - OHL, Barrie - OHL), Robert Lynch (Drummondville - QMJHL), Gregor MacLeod (Charlottetown - QMJHL, Quebec - QMJHL), Ryan Scarfo (Union - ECAC, Belleville - AHL), Jordan Stallard (Prince Albert - WHL), Andrew Sturtz (Penn State - Big-10, Belleville - AHL), Brady Tkachuk (Boston University - H-East), Colin White (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL).

2018 rookie tournament schedule at Laval's Place Bell

Friday, Sept. 7: Montreal vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 8: Ottawa vs. Toronto, 3 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 9: Montreal vs. Toronto, 3 p.m.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Completely forgot about Luchuk, still wondering why Erkamps is still around & should be interesting if any of these invites get a contract after this tournament or get a PTO in Belleville. Some of these invites look like they have the potential to be decent players. Here's another guess at the roster for the tournament, again the roster is a little light on the right side.

Formenton - Brown - Sturtz
Luchuk - Chlapik - Leier/Scarfo (all lefties ???)
Kelly - Burzan - Macleod/Lynch/Stallard

Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Lyle
D'Astous - Steward
Aspirot - Erkamps/Matinen

Gustavsson - Hollett/Mandolese

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Matinnen was drafted by the Leafs in 2016 (Ottawa born). 6'05 RD, scored 30 points last year - more than tripled his career high.

Stallard was a 5th rounder for Winnipeg, posted 99 pts last year in the O.

Here's my stab at the roster:

Tkachuk- Brown - White
Formenton - Chlapik - Batherson
Leier - Luchuk - Sturtz
Scarfo -Stallard - Burzan
Lynch - Kelly - MacLeod

Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Erkamps
D’Astous - Lyle
Aspirot - Mattinen

Gustavsson
Hollett
Mandolese

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'll be at the Rookie Tournament Sept 7th with my old man, to see the boys play MTL in Laval. I'll probably write up a small summary of prospects that jump out at me. I hope Batherson stands out, he's looking like our next Stone.
I think tkachuk is our next stone and Batherson is our next ryan(good Ryan).

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Wouldn't it be nice for Ottawa, for a change, if a couple of these guys turned out to be pretty good players & they were able to sign them to contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of them turn out to be better than some of the players they have now in Belleville. IMO Lyle could be a better RD than Erkamps & D'Astous could be a decent player at LD. I would rather see them give a shot to a kid with potential that we haven't seen than return with a guy who has no future with the organization. Belleville as well as Ottawa has a number of guys they should have moved on from by now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wouldn't it be nice for Ottawa, for a change, if a couple of these guys turned out to be pretty good players & they were able to sign them to contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of them turn out to be better than some of the players they have now in Belleville. IMO Lyle could be a better RD than Erkamps & D'Astous could be a decent player at LD. I would rather see them give a shot to a kid with potential that we haven't seen than return with a guy who has no future with the organization. Belleville as well as Ottawa has a number of guys they should have moved on from by now.
Lyle can't play in the AHL this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad