Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for posting all of those videos guys, it’s great to come in here and see how all of the kids are doing.

Man, Norris is on fire right now, could be a real gem for us, and JBD is looking good too.

Agreed.

Great to have these videos all neatly in one spot for easy viewing. Nice work tracking them down and posting them here for the rest of us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jakov Novak with the primary assist where he set up a 1 timer on Bentley's game tying goal in the 3rd.
His stat line is 7gp, 2g 1a 3pts
Not great but when you consider he's a 7th rounder he's doing well.. Wahlstrom #11OA who a few here wanted over Tkachuk has 1 goal 0 assists in 7 games with BC.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Jakov Novak with the primary assist where he set up a 1 timer on Bentley's game tying goal in the 3rd.
His stat line is 7gp, 2g 1a 3pts
Not great but when you consider he's a 7th rounder he's doing well.. Wahlstrom #11OA who a few here wanted over Tkachuk has 1 goal 0 assists in 7 games with BC.
Then you look at Emilio Pettersen, Flames' #167 in 2018 with 11 points in 6 on a top team in NCAA and it makes you think... :huh:

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pettersen is also extremely small and slight. He's ~5-9.

In no way am I advocating the drafting of Novak by saying that.

Elite prospects and hockey db have him at 5'10 170 ... which if not exaggerated isn't bad... Can't remember seeing him play .. but its impressive what he's done . Currently leading his team in scoring

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m really close to paying for the ahl live stuff. I want to watch the kids. But if chlapik and batherson get called up I’ll never tune in lol.

Anyone have access to ncaa games and how? And has anyone been watching Norris games consistently ? How are the little things.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I’m really close to paying for the ahl live stuff. I want to watch the kids. But if chlapik and batherson get called up I’ll never tune in lol.

Anyone have access to ncaa games and how? And has anyone been watching Norris games consistently ? How are the little things.

I can't answer this directly, but the little things are what Norris has received the bulk of his praise for. This is a good run-down on Norris' game - it looks at several different statistical analyses in an easy-to-follow way:
On Josh Norris and ceiling projections

I still think a 30-35 point floor and 45-55 point ceiling with good physicality, fundamentals, and systems play is a reasonable expectation... his start gives me more faith in him hitting that ceiling, but I'm not ready to expand the upper limits just yet.

Also, I'm super tempted to get AHL Live, too. Great deal and it would make it so easy to check out prospects around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad