Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bowers is 5th on the Colorado list. Wonder where he'd be on Ottawa's list in that; I haven't followed him as closely since the trade.
He was an important player for BU finished with 32 pts 17G 2nd highest in goals on the team, 3rd in pts . Two guys ahead tied with 35 pts. He is vying for a spot on the Canadian WJC team .. I think he had a good year. Its impressive he's ranked 5th and Colorado was ranked 6th .. I like their prospects, in particular their top 3 but overall I like Ottawa's more.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He was an important player for BU finished with 32 pts 17G 2nd highest in goals on the team, 3rd in pts . Two guys ahead tied with 35 pts. He is vying for a spot on the Canadian WJC team .. I think he had a good year. Its impressive he's ranked 5th and Colorado was ranked 6th .. I like their prospects, in particular their top 3 but overall I like Ottawa's more.

Yeah, I know he had a good season, I just haven't followed enough to know how his season was relative to our guys (like Batherson, Chlapik or Formenton)

Speaking of Chlapik, I think he gets underrated on our list because of how bad Belleville was. Probably should be up a few spots imo.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I reckon Bowers would be somewhere around 5th on our list as well. He had a strong year and has looked quite good at the Summer Showcase. Not an elite, high-end type prospect, but a quality one for sure.

Jonathan Dahlen would likely rank quite high on our list as well.

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad. Scouts have churned out some quality prospects and Dorion keeps punting them off.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And for some reason his Sens top 10 doesn't include Batherson.
Steve's reasons. Docker is AJHL but we get the idea
Several reasons:

1. I was high on the two BCHL kids.
2. Jaros and Wolanin don't have Batherson's upside, but they should have been rewarded for their seasons. Took the sure things over the riskier pick.
3. It came down to Chlapik vs Batherson and I went with the AHL-proven kid.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Steve's reasons. Docker is AJHL but we get the idea

so the guy in 4th and the guy in 10th deserved to be rewarded for their seasons, and were more sure things but with less upside. Seems odd to mention a guy you ranked 4th in a discussion about why Batherson missed the cut, particularly when brought up alongside the guy in 10th.

I guess perhaps he has all of 4 to 11 very close, and had to pick somebody to drop?

Personally, I find it odd to have Formenton ahead of Batherson. Forementon is a fair bit younger, so I guess that's why, but still, Batherson seems well ahead imo.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
so the guy in 4th and the guy in 10th deserved to be rewarded for their seasons, and were more sure things but with less upside. Seems odd to mention a guy you ranked 4th in a discussion about why Batherson missed the cut, particularly when brought up alongside the guy in 10th.

I guess perhaps he has all of 4 to 11 very close, and had to pick somebody to drop?

Personally, I find it odd to have Formenton ahead of Batherson. Forementon is a fair bit younger, so I guess that's why, but still, Batherson seems well ahead imo.
It's a very bad ranking of our guys, not much to say other than that

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I saw a video on YouTube dated of the 3rd of august on John Moore's channel

It's Batherson on ice training. He is with Nathan Mckinnon.. I also saw another video and it was Crosby on the same ice with Mckinnon.

In short, Batherson is probably training with both on the ice. I like that. On one drill, you can see Mckinnom trying to dangle him under the leg but he stop him. I know it's only training. But he like his skills.

I would like to add a link, but i'm on my phone and don't know how to do it.

Reactions: LDN

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I saw a video on YouTube dated of the 3rd of august on John Moore's channel

It's Batherson on ice training. He is with Nathan Mckinnon.. I also saw another video and it was Crosby on the same ice with Mckinnon.

In short, Batherson is probably training with both on the ice. I like that. On one drill, you can see Mckinnom trying to dangle him under the leg but he stop him. I know it's only training. But he like his skills.

I would like to add a link, but i'm on my phone and don't know how to do it.

This one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad