Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Gagne hasn't developed as expected, but I can see why they took him where they did.

Not many players out there that are 6'5 and skate and shoot as well as he does. Kid has an absolute rocket.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Gagne hasn't developed as expected, but I can see why they took him where they did.

Not many players out there that are 6'5 and skate and shoot as well as he does. Kid has an absolute rocket.
That's your opinion that Gagne has not developed as expected, I have the opposite opinion What do you suppose was expected from him for him to have developed as expected? He had a 20 goal season in his 2nd yr in the AHL, was he expected to do better than that? I find people have unrealistic expectations of prospects most of the time & think it is easy to make it to the NHL.

A yr before he spent most of his time in the ECHL & last yr spent most of the yr in the AHL. Regardless that they moved up to get him in his draft yr, a 20 goal yr even in the AHL in his second yr is impressive at the least & seems to be to be a good progression forward. First yr, learning the ropes, second yr, 20 goal yr, 3rd yr challenge for a spot on the parent team should be the progression & he seems to me to be right on track IMO. What more were you expecting from him to have developed as expected whatever that expectation in your opinion is?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Gagne's 20 goals are also impressive considering how shit Belleville was, and how they would play him on the 4th line and scratch him sometimes. The roster is looking better this year (how good depends on which prospects start in Belleville) so I am interested to see what Gagne does this year with some better linemates

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Gange has been disappointing, no doubt there. Hard o be excited with his production,even with 20 goals.

Very few Cy Young players make it for a reason.
That team was pretty bad though and its not like he was given a ton of ice time. I know his numbers have never been great but he does generally standout when I see him at camp and in some games. Maybe that's just his size and skating but I still have some hope for him. He's got that nice heavy shot and he seems willing to use it. Hopefully he gets some better opportunity and linemates this season.

Perron is another guy I'm far from writing off. I'd give him another year before I make any huge declarations on him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

He was a no show in 16-17. He scored 20 in the ahl in 17-18. Not a meteoric rise but that’s legit progress.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He was a no show in 16-17. He scored 20 in the ahl in 17-18. Not a meteoric rise but that’s legit progress.
I think he was injured most of his last year junior .. that is a set back. He can score and is a shoot first player. He could have a place in the right spot. He still needs to work at his overall game right now.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Interesting behind-the-scenes draft vid from Arizona. They talk about Tkachuk at 8:40.

"There's more offense than what he was able to show this year."

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
no big surprise

USA trims 13 players: D: Joshua Ess (CHI), David Farrance (NSH), Maxwell Gildon (FLA), Thomas Miller, Alec Regula (DET) F: Cole Coskey, Jonathan Gruden (OTT), Curtis Hall (BOS), Logan Hutsko (FLA), Brandon Kruse (VGK), Ivan Lodnia (MIN), Jacob McGrew (SJS) and Jake Wise (CHI)

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016

Actual hockey to watch today! Tkachuk and the States V.S. Sweden on TSN at 4. Canada (presumably at least one of Formenton or JBD) V.S. Finland at 9 on TSN2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad